Workers you want to see pushed but can't

Well, his match ratings have pretty much tanked because he's facing poor workers. It may be that he's at the low end of what we'd expect for Gilmore, so he can't drag lunkheads like BBS and Laramee to better-than-average matches, but singles matches against the likes of Bruce or whoever would be a better judge of his main event potential.

This. Hell, his match with Roberts got a B - give him a midcard feud while he's floating against the Enforcer, give him some mic time as he gets a little more momentum, and he'll kick loose fast.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, Tom Gilmore is a Regular Wrestler by default, while Phillip Roberts is a Technician by default. That doesn't scream "SWF" to me. In fact, generally speaking, if I'm using Phillip Roberts in the SWF, he never seems to actually gain better ratings against lesser opponents, but does pretty well against better opponents.

Well, Tom Gilmore is a Regular Wrestler by default, while Phillip Roberts is a Technician by default. That doesn't scream "SWF" to me. In fact, generally speaking, if I'm using Phillip Roberts in the SWF, he never seems to actually gain better ratings against lesser opponents, but does pretty well against better opponents.

I got the Enforcer to the point where he merited a SWF Championship shot at one point - sure, he lost it, but the point is he was there.

But he's mostly there to act as a gatekeeper heel/trainer heel/utility heel - to pass the torch on the young up and comers, to help train the young up and comers, and to slot into any generic feud that needs a heel who happens to be free when you're developing a face.

Funny, I've never really used Toyoshima. But I've had both Larren and Kuroda in my training feds and had good results with both. Of course, one of the goals I have in my training games is to teach new languages. So for me, all it takes to really make Kuroda work out is to get her in some Diary of A Geisha parodies and job her out until her language skills are good enough to get a push in English. As for Larren, I usually bring her in once the flow of my game starts getting started and I start wanting a female Rhino-type or a meat-grinder henchwoman for a lead heel.

Without spoiling too much, Yori & Ginko (as Cloud Nine) show the potential to become HUGE. Using the tried & true tag formula (one high flyer, one technician) and an opposites attract type of gimmick setup (happy-go-lucky/underdog/fun babyface for one, machine/no gimmick needed/crippler for the other), they can get decent results out of almost anyone. As they improve, that will become more pronounced. I'm getting them experience now against my trainers (i.e. workers hired specifically to "teach" in preshow matches) and once they get to D/D+, their push will come (probably on TV too!).

Roz I've always booked like Nala, Queen of the Pride. It's not that I don't like her, it's just her character is so restrictive (to me) that I can't book her in a weak manner. But I've solved that problem of late. I just have to shake off my favoritism for certain workers then Roz can get into the main event after a while.

I got the Enforcer to the point where he merited a SWF Championship shot at one point - sure, he lost it, but the point is he was there.

But he's mostly there to act as a gatekeeper heel/trainer heel/utility heel - to pass the torch on the young up and comers, to help train the young up and comers, and to slot into any generic feud that needs a heel who happens to be free when you're developing a face.

Which is a shame, because Phillip Roberts can do much more than that. Phillip Roberts seems to garner more consistent ratings if he was in non-popularity based promotion.

Here some basics to run through...

What is Tom Gilmore's current popularity?

What is Tom Gilmore's current momentum?

What is Tom Gilmore's current gimmick rating?

What are the current ratings for Tom's skills?

Does Tom Gilmore have ring rust?

What is Tom Gilmore's morale?

I'm sure you ran through some of these, but I would like to know myself, to see what's the problem.

Gilmore's current Pop is B-/C+ in U.S., B in Canada, D in U.K., C- in Mexico, C in Japan, D- in Europe, and E- in Australia.

His current Momentum is C+.

OUCH! :eek: Just check his gimmick and it's rated at F+! I'm think a sudden gimmick change is in order. It's a bit too soon according to the notes but I can't imagine much damage being done if he's rated this low.

He's at Rumble C, Technical B-, Flying B-, Entertainment A, Performance A, and Physical B.

He has no ring rust.

He has no morale issues.

Yikes, I'm a little embarrassed that I didn't notice the abysmal gimmick rating earlier. I think that's almost guaranteed to be the culprit behind his sub-par results. Well, that and his weak opponents as others pointed out.

Well, his match ratings have pretty much tanked because he's facing poor workers. It may be that he's at the low end of what we'd expect for Gilmore, so he can't drag lunkheads like BBS and Laramee to better-than-average matches, but singles matches against the likes of Bruce or whoever would be a better judge of his main event potential.

Yeah I think I'm going to re-brand him with a new gimmick and start having him work with better quality opponents in order to rehabilitate his image.

This. Hell, his match with Roberts got a B - give him a midcard feud while he's floating against the Enforcer, give him some mic time as he gets a little more momentum, and he'll kick loose fast.

Right now he's in a feud with 5 other guys all vying to be the next to challenge for the world title, although right now he's not set for a title shot. I think I need rehab his image first.

Word of Advice: In the SWF, keep to low-risk, low-subtletly gimmicks. You should probably stick to low-difficult gimmicks as well.

Loose Cannon

Babyfaces: B+

Heels: A

Risk: A

Difficulty: A

Subtlety: B

It's definitely too risky and subtle for the fanbase. The difficulty isn't making it any easier for Tom Gilmore to make it work.

Tom Gilmore's Performance Skills are:

Babyface Performance: A

Heel Performance: A

Cool Performance: A

****y Performance: A

Crazy Performance: D+

Legitimate Performance: D+

Comedy Performance: A

Weasel Performance: A

Brute Performance: E-

Weird Performance: D+

Wholesome Performance: D+

If he's a heel, I suggest a ****y gimmick. If he's a face, I suggest a cool gimmick.

Word of Advice: In the SWF, keep to low-risk, low-subtletly gimmicks. You should probably stick to low-difficult gimmicks as well.

Loose Cannon

Babyfaces: B+

Heels: A

Risk: A

Difficulty: A

Subtlety: B

It's definitely too risky and subtle for the fanbase. The difficulty isn't making it any easier for Tom Gilmore to make it work.

Tom Gilmore's Performance Skills are:

Babyface Performance: A

Heel Performance: A

Cool Performance: A

****y Performance: A

Crazy Performance: D+

Legitimate Performance: D+

Comedy Performance: A

Weasel Performance: A

Brute Performance: E-

Weird Performance: D+

Wholesome Performance: D+

If he's a heel, I suggest a ****y gimmick. If he's a face, I suggest a cool gimmick.

Great advice, thanks! I'll switch him over to a Rebel gimmick I think. That actually works pretty well since Jack Bruce has that gimmick as well and they've been teaming lately as a sort of reluctant allies storyline.

Hold on, there tiger... make sure Angry Gilmore is a FACE before you that... otherwise, you might get another F+ bomb. :p

He's already a face, and has been one since January when he returned from injury.

Incidentally, the Rebel gimmick turned the trick. It's rated at C+, and that was from a turn "too soon since the last one". So Gilmore is doing much better and I've definitely noticed a change in his performances.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Remianen" data-cite="Remianen" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="24116" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>The Neptunes are easy, as are Dharma and Britney and Roxy and even Sister Beth.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I laughed more at this than I really should have.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="BHK1978" data-cite="BHK1978" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="24116" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>The Big Problem, I have tried to get him over is PSW, USPW, TCW and SWF! This guy never seems to get over! Now granted, that is probably because I am a terrible booker but still.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> The end of that really made me laugh.</p>

Charlize Angelle. It's basically like, ugh... :(

You know something that might help with that? Getting some good alts of her. The only one that comes with the game is her with Minion's gimmick. Funny thing is if we shortened her hair up a bit and put her in a suit, I could almost envision her as Kirstie Alley's character on Cheers. Don't ask me to explain why Charlize makes me think of Kirstie Alley. I'm not sure I even understand that myself. But there you go

You know something that might help with that? Getting some good alts of her. The only one that comes with the game is her with Minion's gimmick. Funny thing is if we shortened her hair up a bit and put her in a suit, I could almost envision her as Kirstie Alley's character on Cheers. Don't ask me to explain why Charlize makes me think of Kirstie Alley. I'm not sure I even understand that myself. But there you go

Actually, take it a step further. I always envision Charlize as almost a Kim Kardashian type, as far as push is concerned. G-List star who thinks she's better than she really is, dating an athlete who thinks he's better than he really is, just self-absorbed to the max. But I'd agree that Charlize's default render is...well, bad. Heck, with her alt (without the habit), I would sign and use Sister Beth Mercy....if her skills didn't blow so badly. Heck, I still might (and have her work dark matches for a year or so).

• 3 weeks later...
Actually, take it a step further. I always envision Charlize as almost a Kim Kardashian type, as far as push is concerned. G-List star who thinks she's better than she really is, dating an athlete who thinks he's better than he really is, just self-absorbed to the max. But I'd agree that Charlize's default render is...well, bad. Heck, with her alt (without the habit), I would sign and use Sister Beth Mercy....if her skills didn't blow so badly. Heck, I still might (and have her work dark matches for a year or so).

I'm sorry. Who? If I've heard of this Kim person, it was probably an in one ear and out the other type deal. Then again judging by how you expounded on the gimmick, it sounds like maybe I don't really want you to answer that.

I'm sorry. Who? If I've heard of this Kim person, it was probably an in one ear and out the other type deal. Then again judging by how you expounded on the gimmick, it sounds like maybe I don't really want you to answer that.

http://girlroster.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/kim-kardashian-stunning-beautiful-hot-girl.jpg

Kim Kardashian. Known best for having a black woman's booty while being a white woman (which is why most of the pictures you'll see of her will have her posing like the above). Star of the E! reality series 'Keeping Up with the Kardashians'. Currently engaged to a young man you might've heard of named Reggie Bush.

Basically, she's not known for being particularly talented, mainly for having 'that body' and the high profile, borderline bust, athlete boyfriend.

Archived