Workers you want to see pushed but can't

The title pretty much explains it. Who is the one worker you would love to see get that God push, but for whatever reason you wither forget to give it to him or his ceiling is just to low. For me it has to be Antonio, despite my best efforts I just can't get the guy over.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ash Campbell.

I've signed him in most of the games I've played but never ended up doing much. But, in my DaVE '08 game I think I've got an idea where he'll be managed by his dad and have Hell's Bouncer as his bodyguard. He'll go on a bit of a winning streak, nothing Goldberg-esque but he'll get some wins under his belt, mainly because of Nemesis and Bouncer. Eventually, somebody will step forward and say their sick of Ash and his ways. Ash and whoever steps forward (I'm thinking Chris Caulfield) will square off in an Extreme Cell match (basically 'hardcore' Hell In A Cell) meaning there can be no outside interference. There will be some build upto the PPV. Ash will do well in the match but ultimately lose. Nemesis and Bouncer will probably come out and console him before turning on him.

Hopefully it will help Ash get more over. 1. Because of his link with Nemesis as his manager and 2. Because of his interactions with the decently over Chris Caulfield.

Once he's turned been turned on then he'll become a face and feud with Bouncer and Nemesis. He'll go over Bouncer after a two month feud before the ultimate father and son match. Ash will go over Nemesis who then makes a face turn as his son has gained his respect and proven himself.

Friggin' Ruud Van Anger. It's been such a huge effort just to keep the guy's overness in-line with the midcard.

Oh, and in the states? I've ALWAYS wanted to get Blackjack Robbins insanely over, but can never seem to get him past a D or so. Which I'd say would be down to his low SQ, but I've got the very comparable The Idaho Punisher up to C+s before, so clearly I'm just doing something wrong. Though TIP with overness and enough experience to get his Performance skills up one or two grades each is actually a pretty handy worker to have around.

Angry Gilmore. His performance in both angles and matches is nowhere near where his ability dictates it should be. If I had to guess, I'd say that he's just not a good fit with the SWF style, and his almost non-existant momentum after returning from his starting injury effectively handicapped his ability to get over.

He's not doing horribly, mind. Just not great.

Also, Angel Devine (AKA Darryl Devine) has been having trouble building momentum but I attribute that to him being a lower midcarder in a global company.

Finally, poor John Greed. I even gave him a spiffy new finisher called "The Pound Of Flesh" but his debut push petered out quickly and now he's basically Shooting Star job fodder.

Angry Gilmore. His performance in both angles and matches is nowhere near where his ability dictates it should be. If I had to guess, I'd say that he's just not a good fit with the SWF style, and his almost non-existant momentum after returning from his starting injury effectively handicapped his ability to get over.

He's not doing horribly, mind. Just not great.

Also, Angel Devine (AKA Darryl Devine) has been having trouble building momentum but I attribute that to him being a lower midcarder in a global company.

Finally, poor John Greed. I even gave him a spiffy new finisher called "The Pound Of Flesh" but his debut push petered out quickly and now he's basically Shooting Star job fodder.

You should check his gimmick rating, it may be crappy.

But I've personally accidentally turned Gilmore into the most over man on my SWF's roster, so I highly doubt Gilmore is simply just not a fit for the SWF product.

But I've personally accidentally turned Gilmore into the most over man on my SWF's roster, so I highly doubt Gilmore is simply just not a fit for the SWF product.

I have as well and I suck at the game. The first thing that I do is have him turn face and feud with either Joe Sexy or Rich Money. And that always works like a charm for me.

Yeah, Gilmore has consistently been on the top of my Franchise Players list for awhile now and he consistently score big ones. That is on my SWF diary game, which has a very big roster and a lot of protected main eventers. His Entertainment skills alone make him a very very good fit for the SWF. He is one of the most charistmatic wrestlers in the game.

Um, are you sure we're talking about the same Tom Gilmore? The man is a demigod in the making. Hell, I rarely play SWF (I think I've played them twice since 08's release) and Gilmore gets over with zero effort on my part. If he wasn't locked up to a written, Gilmore would be more sought after than Champagne Lover and Hell Monkey have been since 05. You might've run into a game where his caps are low (though that's unusual given his specs).

Yeah I'm thinking I just got a crappy role of the dice with Gilmore. I turned him and gave him a new Loose Cannon gimmick shortly after he returned from his injury and while that helped raise his Momentum from an F- to a C+ he hasn't really risen above that.

Here's a track record of his matches thus far this year (currently in May 2008):

Angry Gilmore d. Big Smack Scott (D)

Angry Gilmore d. Kurt Larramee (D)

Vengeance d. Angry Gilmore (A)

Angry Gilmore d. Enforcer Roberts (B)

Angry Gilmore d. Frederique Antonio Garcia (C+)

Angry Gilmore d. Kurt Larramee (C-)

Jack Bruce and Angry Gilmore d. Death Row ©

Jack Bruce and Angry Gilmore draw Eric Eisen, Frederique Antonio Garcia, and Enforcer Roberts (B)

Angry Gilmore d. Enforcer Roberts (B-)

Angry Gilmore and Enygma d. Marc Dubois and Rich Money

Remo d. Lobster Warrior, Marc Dubois, Enygma, Angry Gilmore, and Rich Money (B)

Rich Money d. Angry Gilmore (B)

Angles based on both Entertainment and Overness seem to range from C- to B-.

I'm not sure what else to do with him to improve his results. He's won way more than he's lost, although I haven't given him any major high profile wins. Do you think a win over a top star could turn the trick and unleash the awesome?

Meanwhile Jack Giedroyc has been the opposite. I gave him the North American title and he exploded into superstardom, and even after he dropped it to Brandon James one month later he remained one of my most over workers and every angle he's been in has been solid gold.

Here some basics to run through...

What is Tom Gilmore's current popularity?

What is Tom Gilmore's current momentum?

What is Tom Gilmore's current gimmick rating?

What are the current ratings for Tom's skills?

Does Tom Gilmore have ring rust?

What is Tom Gilmore's morale?

I'm sure you ran through some of these, but I would like to know myself, to see what's the problem.

Well, his match ratings have pretty much tanked because he's facing poor workers. It may be that he's at the low end of what we'd expect for Gilmore, so he can't drag lunkheads like BBS and Laramee to better-than-average matches, but singles matches against the likes of Bruce or whoever would be a better judge of his main event potential.

Yori Toyoshima, Roz Larren, and Ginko Kuroda. It's usually me forgetting them due to trying to build a credible main event scene. I remedied that in my diary game and it worked out really well.

Funny, I've never really used Toyoshima. But I've had both Larren and Kuroda in my training feds and had good results with both. Of course, one of the goals I have in my training games is to teach new languages. So for me, all it takes to really make Kuroda work out is to get her in some Diary of A Geisha parodies and job her out until her language skills are good enough to get a push in English. As for Larren, I usually bring her in once the flow of my game starts getting started and I start wanting a female Rhino-type or a meat-grinder henchwoman for a lead heel.

Archived