Madden 10

mjdgoldeneye

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope the next person on the internet that thinks a comparison to a five year old dead franchise is an astute observation stubs a toe. Whining about a 5 year old game is the favorite past-time of people who love whining about football videogames.

Edit: not talking about anyone in particular. It's just a general, useless observation that has been made about a million times.

alot of stuff that would of been free on madden back on the PS2 and Xbox we are now forced to pay because of the online store that the 360 and PS3 have. it is just away for companys to get more money out of you for something that should of came with the game or for companys to release a half finished product then charge you more for add-ons and updates

EA being their usual greedy selves didn't give the UK fans online franchise for free like it should be and is asking us to pay for it. I feel let down by EA who gave no notion to anyone that they would be making us pay for something I assumed would come with the game.

alot of stuff that would of been free on madden back on the PS2 and Xbox we are now forced to pay because of the online store that the 360 and PS3 have. it is just away for companys to get more money out of you for something that should of came with the game or for companys to release a half finished product then charge you more for add-ons and updates

Although I don't disagree with the thought that micro-transactions are being abused, everyone who bought the game gets (or was intended to get) online franchises for free. That's their way of preventing people from getting the game used.

They made a mistake in the UK and Australia that they're trying to fix, apparently. They were supposed to get a code too, I read.

I just picked Madden 10 up last night after work...I don't do online so I can't comment on that portion,as far as Franchise and Superstar mode go I can say I like better than the last few Madden games,it seems to play a little better(at least for me anyway)....the only things I have noticed is when DB's use a "press" defense,it seems often times my receivers get sucked into the DB(it's almost like the DB has my WR by the arm and is dragging him around) which can be annoying;and for some reason it seems when the defense forces a fumble/int,they have a much easier time running it back for the touchdown than they used to.

<p>So.... Maurice Jones Drew is a god. ha. </p><p> </p><p>

I can't run the ball. I can't really even pass the ball from a "normal standpoint" (as my TE and my RB tends to catch most of my passes since the DB's lock down my WR's every time out... Plus, they drop the ball every 2 seconds too. I feel bad for Torry Holt. ha)....</p><p> </p><p>

However...</p><p> </p><p>

Maurice Jones Drew saves my passing game as no one can stop an out out of the backfield. My last game here was his stats....</p><p> </p><p>

ATT: 13</p><p>

YRDS: 49</p><p>

REC: 9</p><p>

YRDS: 196</p><p> </p><p>

To say the least, No one seems to be able to stop throws out of the backfield.... Or.... Maurice is just amazing. ha</p><p> </p><p>

I'm using MYSKILL, which I'm pretty sure is at 575 (i'm a newbie to Xbox 360).</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Eisen-verse" data-cite="Eisen-verse" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="24189" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>So.... Maurice Jones Drew is a god. ha. <p> </p><p> I can't run the ball. I can't really even pass the ball from a "normal standpoint" (as my TE and my RB tends to catch most of my passes since the DB's lock down my WR's every time out... Plus, they drop the ball every 2 seconds too. I feel bad for Torry Holt. ha)....</p><p> </p><p> However...</p><p> </p><p> Maurice Jones Drew saves my passing game as no one can stop an out out of the backfield. My last game here was his stats....</p><p> </p><p> ATT: 13</p><p> YRDS: 49</p><p> REC: 9</p><p> YRDS: 196</p><p> </p><p> To say the least, No one seems to be able to stop throws out of the backfield.... Or.... Maurice is just amazing. ha</p><p> </p><p> I'm using MYSKILL, which I'm pretty sure is at 575 (i'm a newbie to Xbox 360).</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> If you look at the Jags stats last year, from a "normal standpoint" throwing most of your passes to MJD is actually pretty accurate. He IS the Jaguars offense, and usually their top reciever.</p><p> </p><p> Meanwhile, with the Rams, I tend to spread the ball around a bit more. My tandem of Donnie Avery and Matt Jones do struggle to get open, but they still get about 50ish yards a game each. My only problem with a drop has been the potentially game winning ball Matt Jones dropped on 4th down. It would've not only moved the sticks, but put me in range to hit a field goal that would've given me the lead. The really impressive part is how open Jones was and how insanely accurate Kyle "I can't hit the broad side of Rosie O'Donnell's ass" Boller actually managed to throw it.</p><p> </p><p> Which brings me to this point: I LOVE how varied the stats are in this game. Having Antonio Pittman sub in for a winded Steven Jackson is very noticeable, and having Boller fill in for Bulger until he recovers means I've had to completely change my gameplan in order to move the ball. I went from running non-stop with Steven Jackson and then throwing it deep downfield on the play action to running it even more with Steven Jackson while allowing him to rest while Boller tries his best to connect on short crossing and curl routes. God help the man whenever he tries to throw anything longer than 10 yards.</p>

I'm itching to play this, but gotta wait another couple of weeks. Whenever I've played it in the stores, I use the Dolphins in a hideous Orange Tops with Green Pants and striped socks (I think). And I also have trouble hitting almost any pass that's not to the RB or the TE.

<p>I remember reading that a EA creator actually went through and personally created 32 years worth of a draft classes. is that true?</p><p> </p><p> If so... Does anyone else have a rookie stud coming in 2010 with the last name Bolt? He's a QB and, supposedly by my scouting, has a 97 for speed (making him the fastest man in the NFL)? </p><p> </p><p> I like Dave Garrard... but... Damn.... I'd love to have that. ha.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Comradebot" data-cite="Comradebot" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="24189" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>If you look at the Jags stats last year, from a "normal standpoint" throwing most of your passes to MJD is actually pretty accurate. He IS the Jaguars offense, and usually their top reciever.<p> </p><p> Meanwhile, with the Rams, I tend to spread the ball around a bit more. My tandem of Donnie Avery and Matt Jones do struggle to get open, but they still get about 50ish yards a game each. My only problem with a drop has been the potentially game winning ball Matt Jones dropped on 4th down. It would've not only moved the sticks, but put me in range to hit a field goal that would've given me the lead. The really impressive part is how open Jones was and how insanely accurate Kyle "I can't hit the broad side of Rosie O'Donnell's ass" Boller actually managed to throw it.</p><p> </p><p> Which brings me to this point: I LOVE how varied the stats are in this game. Having Antonio Pittman sub in for a winded Steven Jackson is very noticeable, and having Boller fill in for Bulger until he recovers means I've had to completely change my gameplan in order to move the ball. I went from running non-stop with Steven Jackson and then throwing it deep downfield on the play action to running it even more with Steven Jackson while allowing him to rest while Boller tries his best to connect on short crossing and curl routes. God help the man whenever he tries to throw anything longer than 10 yards.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Makes sense. I knew he was the major part of their offense... I just didn't know that he was THAT much of the offense. Pretty much a Bryan Westbrook in FL. ha.</p><p> </p><p> As for how much it changes when you lose someone big... I totally agree. wow. It's awesome that you actually have to gameplan for an injury versus being able to plug someone in and do just as well.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Eisen-verse" data-cite="Eisen-verse" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="24189" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I remember reading that a EA creator actually went through and personally created 32 years worth of a draft classes. is that true?<p> </p><p> If so... Does anyone else have a rookie stud coming in 2010 with the last name Bolt? He's a QB and, supposedly by my scouting, has a 97 for speed (making him the fastest man in the NFL)? </p><p> </p><p> I like Dave Garrard... but... Damn.... I'd love to have that. ha.</p><p> </p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> /shrug</p><p> </p><p> I'm currently using imported draft data from NCAA. I'm assuming I'll get an early pick thanks to having to spend half the year with Kyle Boller at the helm (and the other half still being the friggin' Rams!), and my two top choices for a first round pick are Tim Tebow and Jordan Shipley. After heavily scouting them, both appear to be quite beastly, to the point I feel it'd revitalize my passing attack. Sorry Matt Jones, but I only signed you because the original number two was just painfully bad.</p>

Archived