Madden 10

mjdgoldeneye

Yes, I'm VERY saddened that position battles aren't around anymore. They were, hands down, one of the coolest things in franchise mode. I always got a kick out of watching Big Ben battle Tommy Maddox for the starting position.

Oh, and when Cory Sauter ended up filling in for Peyton Manning for an entire season, and then the next season beat out the Packer's first round pick to become their new starter. Sauter ended up rising into the low 90s overall... partially thanks to his opportunity to beat another player for the job.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What year was that in? They all just kind of run together.

That was Madden 2005 I was talking about... good times.

Just had my most frustrating experience so far, though in a good way. Turns out the Titans are damn near impossible to move the ball against. Admittingly, it's hard enough to move the ball with Antonio Pittman sucking up the field and my top WR being worse than some number threes, but still... it was brutal. At least Leonard "Manslaughter" Little continues his dominance this season, racking up two more sacks (putting his season total to 13, just one shy of tying his best season ever and with plenty of games to go!).

Sadly, Lauranitis has now dropped to third in the Defensive ROTY race :(

So, my last game Knoshawn Moreno rushed 10 times for 7 yards. ha.

Is it smart to move your line in different directions during your run? It seems like every time I run the ball I either get back to the line of scrimmage or a 2 yard loss. I've tried almost everying, moving the line each way... running out past the tackle... Running between the guards.... Nothing.

So, my last game Knoshawn Moreno rushed 10 times for 7 yards. ha.

Is it smart to move your line in different directions during your run? It seems like every time I run the ball I either get back to the line of scrimmage or a 2 yard loss. I've tried almost everying, moving the line each way... running out past the tackle... Running between the guards.... Nothing.

It is, but... it seems like it shouldn't be needed. What's your running slider set at? I can get decent runs out of Antonio Pittman (sometimes), and frequently racked up at least close to 100 yards a game with S-Jax when he was healthy.

It is, but... it seems like it shouldn't be needed. What's your running slider set at? I can get decent runs out of Antonio Pittman (sometimes), and frequently racked up at least close to 100 yards a game with S-Jax when he was healthy.

I'm using the MYSKILL level thing. Mostly, because then I don't have to deal with sliders so much. ha.

I'm using the MYSKILL level thing. Mostly, because then I don't have to deal with sliders so much. ha.

Hmm... I had it on MYSKILL for the longest and eventually it became IMPOSSIBLE to run the ball... though it'd usually cycle into me being able to run the ball every few quarters, and then back to sucking.

I eventually made a custom difficulty based on the medianish area of all the different sliders I was getting in MYSKILL. It's worked out nicely for me so far.

This is why I vote to use the NCAA draft classes if possible.

Unless, of course, you can't with online franchises... which would both suck AND be something EA would do.

Anywhoooo, I just encountered a VERY interesting bug last night. While playing the Cardinals (and trying to keep my playoff hopes alive) I tied the the game with less than 20 seconds left on the clock. I decided to squib kick it to prevent the game winning kick off return, and the ball ended up bouncing and landing directly between Urban's feet. He twitched around, confused about how to get to the ball, and finally just stood still... while my players streaked down the field and grabbed the ball. A quick kneel down to run some clock, called a time out, and hit the game winning field goal.

Normally I'd consider this cheap... but after all the times EA's shoddy work has screwed me out of what SHOULD have been a win, I didn't feel all that bad about having something screwy finally work in my favor.

That happened all the time (online and off) with squib kicks 2 years ago. That's why there weren't in the game last year.

I guess they decided to put them back in without fixing anything.

EDIT: Also, join the GDS online franchise! It'll be a no-jerk zone... Check out the special dynasty forum.

That happened all the time (online and off) with squib kicks 2 years ago. That's why there weren't in the game last year.

I guess they decided to put them back in without fixing anything.

EDIT: Also, join the GDS online franchise! It'll be a no-jerk zone... Check out the special dynasty forum.

I would join, but I bought Madden for PS3... I buy NCAA for both (yeah, I'm a fool but my best friend only has a PS3 and we normally go for 20+ years) and I wanted to have our draft classes for Madden.

Is it still detrimental to hit the turbo button in the backfield (since it seems defenders get quicker when YOU press turbo)?

I think so. The main problem is the offensive line A.I.

Every time I run the ball occasionally an offensive lineman (and sometimes the fullback) will mess up a blocking assignment and I lose 2 or 3 yards. I am thinking about trying out some sliders I saw on operation sports to see if that helps.

Also, how many minutes are you guys playing on (I'm currently on 7 mins, with 15 sec run off). I'll have to pay more attention to the final stats to see how realistic they are.

EDIT:

When doing a fantasy draft (with 1 user team), do you always draft 32nd?

HOLY Injured QB Batman!!

In the past 2 seasons (the first 2 seasons of my game) i've seen both Matt Hassleback and Jay Cutler both fall to career ending injuries. Is it just me or is Madden's injury levels up crazy high this year? I mean, I know injuries happen a lot.. But this severe?

Not really had anything like that happen to me so it's probably just one of those one in a million freak occurances.

Could be.... Then again, My last game I only got one season through before I wanted to change teams and in that year Donovan McNabb had a career ending injury as well. ha.

So..... I'm playing on MYSKILL (at a level of 672) as the Lions. My last game against the Packers I had 7 sacks with me stud DE, Avril (at least I think that's his name). The guy can't be stopped! ha.

In 5 games he has 15 sacks... Seems a little crazy high... but... I guess with a skill level of 672 it's not like I'm playing around 500.

• 3 weeks later...

I tried the custom sliders posted here and I like them. I suggest increasing the pass accuracy to be more lenient, if only slightly.

I was playing as the Chargers vs. the Raiders, and Rivers was throwing a bit more like Eli Manning and was kind of putting the ball in some dangerous spots (he threw a pick that would have sure been a TD for him) and Russell was tossing the ball 8-12 yards out of bounds on mid range throws. It wasn't as horrible as it sounds, but the occasional issue is pretty noticeable.

Otherwise, it's pretty balanced. Pass defense isn't impossible and the opponent can actually run decently (McFadden was something like 4 yards per carry, as expected.) Running seems to vary greatly for people on these settings. I started great with LT getting 2 TD's with 4-5 yards per carry, and then I had a string of 6-8runs for 0 yards and he was down to about 2.6 per carry. The game was pretty fair though, but if you have issues, raise run blocking a little bit.

The pacing is as good as it gets. The games are long (but I used to play 7 minutes, no run-off last year in franchise, so it isn't bad), and at half time, there were 62 plays run where 125 is the average per game (I didn't finish the whole thing). It was split 32-30, too.

Could be.... Then again, My last game I only got one season through before I wanted to change teams and in that year Donovan McNabb had a career ending injury as well. ha.

Actually, in my game, I counted it and after week one, there are 33 season ending injuries and probably twice as many various other injuries around the league.

Archived