GatorBait19

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry, but is it me or just this just flat out suck

Abe vs. John-Takedown Central

Wes vs. James-Boring Fight where it was all about ring control

Kimbo vs. Roy-Buzzkilled

I watched since TUF 1 Finale and this has to be one of the most boring shows yet as in past season there was a true number 1 fighter and this year there isn't unless he hasn't fought please tell me.

Sorry, but is it me or just this just flat out suck

Abe vs. John-Takedown Central

Wes vs. James-Boring Fight where it was all about ring control

Kimbo vs. Roy-Buzzkilled

I watched since TUF 1 Finale and this has to be one of the most boring shows yet as in past season there was a true number 1 fighter and this year there isn't unless he hasn't fought please tell me.

Heavyweights always have less skill, less cardio, slower fights, etc but people love them because, well, they're heavyweights.

To answer your question, the guy I think is the "true number one fighter" is Demico Rogers and he hasn't fought yet.

Heavyweights always have less skill, less cardio, slower fights, etc but people love them because, well, they're heavyweights.

To answer your question, the guy I think is the "true number one fighter" is Demico Rogers and he hasn't fought yet.

Well I definitley stay tuned to see what Rogers does.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="PoisonedSuperman" data-cite="PoisonedSuperman" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="24461" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I know that most guys from the show usually make the UFC no matter what but does Roy Nelson have to win to make it? I watched the show again and it seems like Dana really doesn't like him...</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> They have started picking up fewer fighters so I would say that pretty much everybody that has fought so far (except Kimbo) needs to win or atleast be much more impressive to guarantee it.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="24461" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Although I'm not a MMA fan, aren't MMA fights are supposed to be about the best fights and fighters, rather than about looks? Isn't MMA supposed to be legit, and not about who should be the top star? <p> </p><p> Or am I mistaken?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I'm not 100% sure what you're asking so I'll rephrase it the way I understood it.</p><p> </p><p> "Isn't MMA supposed to be about the best fights and fighters, rather than the best looks?"</p><p> </p><p> Yes but I have no idea why you brought looks into it.</p><p> </p><p> "Isn't MMA supposed to be legit, and not about who should be the top star?"</p><p> </p><p> The top fighters usually are the top stars. If you're asking why the show revolves around Kimbo, it's because the UFC is also a business and people want to see him.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="MattitudeV2" data-cite="MattitudeV2" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="24461" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Sorry, but is it me or just this just flat out suck <p> Abe vs. John-Takedown Central</p><p> Wes vs. James-Boring Fight where it was all about ring control</p><p> Kimbo vs. Roy-Buzzkilled </p><p> </p><p> I watched since TUF 1 Finale and this has to be one of the most boring shows yet as in past season there was a true number 1 fighter and this year there isn't unless he hasn't fought please tell me.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It's a general rule that heavyweights + lack of cardio + low skill level = appalling fights. </p><p> </p><p> The UFC were praying that some of these big guys (especially Kimbo) would land devistating one-puncch KO's so that the fights would be over quickly and at least look exciting to the layman. </p><p> </p><p> They were also expecting the couple of genuinly decent guys in there (Nelson, Brenden) to blast through everyone and look good doing it. </p><p> </p><p> The only problem is, with the UFC taking less and less guys into the fold with each season of TUF, guys are increasingly fighting 'not to lose' rather than 'to win'. </p><p> </p><p> On another note, TUF has never produced a truely great fighter. Evans, Bisping, possibly Forrest at a strech are all good fighters, but thats about as far as it goes.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="CapCee" data-cite="CapCee" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="24461" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I guess the rules are the rules. Did anyone see any blood, swelling or ANY other signs of damage on Kimbo's face? Did it look like he had been in a fight at all? Roy did the smart thing though, he's not a complete moron.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Just because Kimbo wasn't in a mess when the fight was stopped, doesn't mean that Herb should have allowed it to continue for the rest of the round when he had no hope of escaping the possition. </p><p> </p><p> The reason Roy wasn't hitting harder is that he has three fights in five weeks, and didn't want to break his hand in the first one.</p>

• 1 month later...

This is a better place to discuss the show and the finale than in the Lesnar thread, so I'll repost what I just said.

Darrill Schoonover will fight on the finale, but the bigger news is that he will deploy in Afghanistan for around 400 days after being called back to active duty. Wish him the best and hope he remains safe.

On another note, TUF has never produced a truely great fighter. Evans, Bisping, possibly Forrest at a strech are all good fighters, but thats about as far as it goes.

I beg to differ. Diego Sanchez and Kenny Florian in my opinion are great fighters

Evans and Forrest have both won the 205 pound title where almost all the talent in the UFC is. Getting to the top of that division means you are a great fighter. Forrest knocking off Shogun and Rampage, Rashad had a bit of an easier road but it was still tough and he is still a great fighter. Bisping is a good but not great fighter, I'll agree there. Kenny has really improved and right there at the top of the division, it's just.... BJ Penn. Sort of like those great 185'rs who run in to Silva, or 170/GSP. Only great fighters are going to be at the top of extremely deep and talented divisons.

I would put all three of them in the great category, where as Diego, Bisping, Jardine, etc. would go to good. And there is nothing wrong with that.

I'm torn on McSweeney, but it's hard to imagine he won't get at least one fight being a member of Team Jackson and a good friend of Rashad. Wren is a lock as I've been saying - switched up training and is at Jackson's (don't know if permanent or not), Olympic caliber greco wrestler, very young, and has been one of the more highlighted characters on the show. Not to mention he's been having a great relationship with Dana and was at the UFC Fighters Summit in Vegas a couple weeks ago. With Strikeforce out there, it's illogical to think they'd let some of their top prospects go when they need more bodies to put on the number of shows they want to in 2010. We'll see them pick up a lot of this season unlike the past few.

Yea, Jones is a lock, I knew I was forgetting someone. Wessel will probably get another shot since he's been there before, seems to be liked by Dana, and took that Hardonk fight short notice; but I don't see him sticking very long.

I think most of these guys will get a one-off fight. McSweeney will probably get a look at 205, but I suspect he'll get bounced out pretty quickly in that division. Sims, Mitrione, Wagner, Madsen, and Shivers all seem a long shot. I think Demico Rogers is a great prospect but is probably a ways away from the UFC. If Shivers could get some conditioning I think he could get a look down the road, he looked good until he nearly passed out.

• 3 weeks later...
Wren is a lock as I've been saying - switched up training and is at Jackson's (don't know if permanent or not), Olympic caliber greco wrestler, very young, and has been one of the more highlighted characters on the show. Not to mention he's been having a great relationship with Dana and was at the UFC Fighters Summit in Vegas a couple weeks ago.

Oh no he di-ent! :-p

Looks like Schaub, Nelson, McSweeny and Mitrione are the only ones sticking around so far...wouldn't have predicted that from the start. Have they even kept Madsen on?

Archived