Unique/Weird Stables

I've just put together a new stable in ROF which I've called The Ultimate Dragons.

UK Dragon (Leader)

American Dragon & Canadian Dragon (The North American Alliance)

Dragon Assassin

MYSTIC Dragon

Red Dragon & Welsh Dragon (Welsh Pride)

Snap Dragon

Just wondered if other people have put together unique or weird stables.

I've put together a comedy stable in TCW called Playas' Club consisting of:

Danny Fonzarelli

Koshiro Ino

Giant Tana

Antonio Maxi Marquez

Basically, these were four guys I had no idea what to do with individually, but together as the Playas' Club--an alliance of self-styled club-hopping ladies men--they were able to interact with the rest of the roster and engage in a series of reasonably amusing angles and storylines, including a long-running feud with the Laura Huggins-led Team Huggins (including Freddy Huggins, Donnie J, and Charlie Thatcher--three men united by a shared love of fashion eyewear). Kept things fairly lighthearted in the TCW lower-midcard for a year or two.

I created a Stable based soley on John Greed's name:

Generation Synn or GenSyn

Champagne Lust (or Simply LUST)

Vengeance (Skull DeBones)

John Greed (or Simply GREED)

Ego Trip (Zeus Maxmillion)

The Sloth (Atlas)

Glutton (Tana The Mighty)

Nathan Vidia (or Simply N.V. played by Jack Griffith)

The concept (obviously) was that each man represented one of the seven deadly sins, as reflected in their gimmick, and was a really really cool stable of badass heels that dominated my shows for quite a while. LUST & VENGEANCE originally being most over with the crowd, but making big stars out of everyone involved, most notably John Greed.

during the time they were on top Seven top Babyfaces ended up joining forces in a very similarly themed stable named VYRTUE, which had seven guys representing the Seven Virtues (although he stayed away from the name changes for the most part). Each guy on Vyrtue would mainly feud with the guy in GenSyn who's sin was their opposite. This didnt last that long tho, for a variety of reasons and GenSyn would end up imploding on itself to end it.

Staying true to the gimmick, I had the sins themselves be the catalyst to the break-up with Champagne Lust hitting on John Greed's girlfriend, Principessa. Eventually causing a big time feud between them.

Vengeance, as the leader, was the reason for the split between everyone else.

NV had become very jealous of the success of Vengeance & Lust & Greed and began lashing out about it.

Ego Trip believed he should be the leader of the group and butted heads with Vengeance over it

Through all this, Vengeance had become very aggressive with the members of the group especially if someone lost a match or didn't successfully help him win a match, and really lost it when he couldn't regain the World Title.

Vengeance was angered by Sloth's laid back, undriven attitude, which he felt was destroying the group, and paid greatly for it.

Glutton was seen as out of shape AND mentally unstable being both a glutton food and self-punishment and so he ended up taking HIMSELF out of the group when, against the orders of the rest of the group not to do anything stupid, jumped off the scaffolding in a match and MISSED leaving him very very injured.

The whole thing IS great, since I'm still in the middle (well the near the end) of having this all play out, but so far Lust and Greed have propelled to World Champion status and the rest of the guys are much more popular.

...Greatest Storyline... EVER. Totally should've written a diary haha

I've done the Dragon thing myself with CZCW UK Dragon, Canadian Dragon, American Dragon and just about any Japanese worker in a mask as Japanese Dragon. I go for the world Dragon's concept. I've done it in Mexico as well as MPWF already has a Dragon Americano, bring in Dragon Canadense (sp?) Dragon Del Arocs Iris Jr. as Dragon Mexicano, Dragon Britania and again an Japanese worker in a mask as Dragon (whatever Japanese is in Spanish).

I did a Dark Carnival theme in SWF.

Made the Guru into a Ring Master type carnival barker put Runaway Train in a black leather mask as Golem the Frankenstein like strong, brought in a pyromaniac Fire Eater and a vampire trapeze artist as a tag team and then one other uppercard level worker but I can't remember what gimmick I gave him. I had this picture of them coming out to really creepy carnival crank organ music.

That is a very, very cool idea.

I like that. I will have to give it a try as well.

Pfffffft, where were you when I was doing it in the Dynasty section? :rolleyes:

:p

Mine was better anyway. *Storms off in a huff*.

But no, srsly. While I concede that Giant Tana is far better as Gluttony than my choice, I prefer my RIPW version. Even if I didn't get to finish it...

New RIPW World Champion Jack Griffith is doing an Eddie Guerrero style 'recovering alcoholic has a new addiction - the world title" shtick. John Greed decides to try to get into his head and wake up the sleeping daemons.

He's soon joined by the tag team champions Raphael and Justin Sensitive, who become Envy and Pride respectively. To be fair, they didn't really do a lot different than before, but they didn't really need to.

Jack begins flirting with backstage interviewer Buttercup around about this time. The two often appear looking like they've rushed to get dressed and other signs that they're in a secretive relationship.

Soon, Greed introduces The Big Problem as Wrath, an angry soulless monster who Greed controls by virtue of constantly giving him a lightning rod to discharge his anger - usually Jack.

Jack evens the score by introducing the lazy, constantly stoned, good-for-nothing-but-lovable bum, Nomad, an 'old friend' from his days as the frontman of a rock band called Alchoholica (Nomad was the drummer). It doesn't take Greed long to eye Nomad up for a spot in the Deadly Sinners (as Greed now calls them), as Sloth. Nomad resists all attempts and feuds with Wrath for a while.

This is as far as the diary got, but I'll continue.

The Heartbreakers would get a purpose, as they'd feud with the other two members of Jack's old band, The Rock City Stars (Turner and Manna). But just to even the score, Land Mass would be introduced as Glutton for no real reason other than glutton is a sin. He'd do little except stand around looking... well... fat.

Then, **** is introduced to fan. Jesse Christian debuts (he returned from hiatus some months earlier) as an avenging angel type superface. He kicks the Deadly Sinners ass all over Rhode Island with Jack and Nomad's help, and Greed turns up the heat. On one show, we finally see Buttercup and Griffith officially together on screen. They're having a great time backstage with copious amounts of alcohol. Later that show, Greed cuts a promo about his upcoming title match with Griffith, which Griffith - having caught some of the promo on his locker room's monitor, interrupts. He doesn't remember agreeing to any title match, and definitely not tonight. He's clearly in no state to compete. It's shockingly revealed that Buttercup had been playing Griffith like a hand of cards all this time. She's Lust.

This, and the inevitable title loss, sends Griffith over the edge, hurling a bottle of wine at Buttercup backstage (missing by several feet) and generally being pissed off. The very next show, just in case he's not miserable enough, his best friend Nomad turns on him when he's too busy being a lazy piece of **** backstage with his hippy girlfriend to help Jack out during a beatdown in the ring. He officially joins the Deadly Sinners as Sloth.

Griffith turns into more of a tweener at this point, and becomes the Ultimate Sinner, frequently displaying all seven sins - Lust (for Buttercup), Wrath (at Greed), Envy (at Greed's World Champion status), Pride (for refusing to admit that he has a problem), Greed (for all of the above), Sloth and Gluttony somewhat less blatantly (often turning up having not shaved for days, his locker room strewn with fast food wrappers etc).

Jesse Christian, being the superface that he is, goes on to feud with Jack to try and get him to change his ways and realise what he's turning in to, whilst The Rock City Stars try to help Jack more subtly.

This all eventually leads to Jack vs. Jesse vs. John for the world title. Jesse wins, and goes on to feud with each of the Deadly Sinners in turn, 'collecting' their sins and returning them to their previous gimmicks one by one, until he's back to feuding with Greed, who obviously proves harder to crack.

I hadn't quite thought through what would happen to Jack after the three-way dance...

Hmm I'd feel like I ripped you off...

If I hadn't been using the Generation Syn stable for years (since TEW 2007) in a bunch of different games with different wrestlers haha..

I've posted the idea on here many, many times. lol

So... I'm just sayin' haha

Hey, I'm in no way claiming it to be an original idea. Several diary writers on both main Ryland-related boards have done it, Raven tried to do it in WWE, Kevin Fertig has been renaming himself over and over but still essentially doing the same gimmick for years, David Fincher did it in Hollywood, Dante did it before all of them, Climacus before him and they all borrowed it from Ponticus. So... yeah...

All I was saying, light-heartedly, was that nobody thought it was awesome when I did it. :p

just started a modern tna game and made the hellfire church

Reverend James Mitchell

Deacon Scoville(Jimmy Jacobs)

Se7en(Kevin Thorne using a grim reaper gimmick)

Mr. Vansen(Hade Vansen as the corporate face of the church)

Brimstone (John Ryan as the church's protecting demon tagging with it's death dealer Se7en)

in MAW I have a pretty weird/random stable. They are called

The Worlds Greatest Wrestlers:

Krusher Karloff

Man Mountain Cahill

Steel

Marshall Dillon

Giant Brody

Huey Cannonball

Rick Douglas

Karl Thompson (Shady K)

John Greed, and C-V-2 are affiliated with this stable but aren't really members, they just use the man power of the stable to there advantage from time to time.

Checkmate

King Richard (Rich Money) - Main Eventer

Queen Marie (Sara Marie York) - Valet of King Richard

The Rook (Gargantuan) - Enforcer, doesnt wrestle much. King Richard often uses him in humourous ways "This calls for... The Rook!" and The Rook comes in and often does something stupid (has a tea party with Queen Marie). Going to hopefully have him turn on King Richard eventually taking Queen Marie with him.

Michael Bishop (Citizen X) - The cruiserweight, often going after the cruiserweight belt, also teams occasionally with the next guy.

Smith Knight (Bulldozer Brandon Smith) - The more active big man, often in random matches. Most often teams with Michael Bishop.

Pawn #1 (Flash Savage) - Jobber. Literally used as a pawn. Often losing matches to people and getting beat up only to have the rest of Checkmate attack whomever. Likely going to turn on King Richard along with Gargantuan and magically become talented and able to win matches.

Pawn #2 (Oscar Golden) - Same as above.

This is basically all leading to a big show down:

King Richard vs. Gargantuan

Michael Bishop / Smith Knight vs. Oscar Golden / Flash Savage

all with Queen Marie in the middle, her apparent marrige to King Richard and her strong friendship with Gargantuan who she sees as a misunderstood giant, only made fickle because the world often ridiculed him for his size, but he's really a good guy and people dont see it, blah blah blah.

Archived