Bret "The Hitman" Hart may re

SaySo

I'm so sick on Heel GM's. Granted, I sort of have one in my diary game... but it's such a played out concept.

And yeah, footage of The Hitman is extensive, easily obtainable and awesome. His DVD set in pretty cool, and just this morning I YouTube'd a 1990 match between Bret & Shawn. 5 minutes and a frak-finish, but it still rocked.

And yeah, F4Wonline is pretty damned credible. It's so intertwined with the Observer on so many levels I'm surprised Alvarez and Meltzer don't just combine their newsletters into one publication and save themselves a lot of work.

Man, I'd love to see this! And now seems a more perfect time than ever. You've got the 'screwjob' by Punk on 'Taker, Teddy Long has been 'kidnapped' meaning now GM and The Hart Dynasty or SmackDown! If they can get him, they should definitely go with this.

Definitely can't see him on RAW considering that's where Michaels is, but hey, maybe he's ready to forgive and forget?

I'm still taking this with a pinch of salt but it would be all kinds of awesome if this happened.

I'd cite Teddy Long as a big exception to that. He's been WWE's most effective authority figure, probably ever. Mick Foley was awesome as well, and it was always hard to hate William Regal :D

Well, that's true, but generally, at least in the Pre-Attitude WWF, there wasn't a lot of heel authority figures. Then again, I don't recall authority figures being all that prominent pre-Attitude during the WWF. At least in the WWF, I think Vince is the first mega-heel Authority Figure.

Well, that's true, but generally, at least in the Pre-Attitude WWF, there wasn't a lot of heel authority figures. Then again, I don't recall authority figures being all that prominent pre-Attitude during the WWF. At least in the WWF, I think Vince is the first mega-heel Authority Figure.

True-ish.

But proper managers where much more prominent.

Although that's also true, there was a period of time where there were no mega-heel managers OR authority figures in WWE, which is post-Hogan and pre-Attitude. A very odd situation.

In fact, as much as Cornette claims that valets replaced managers, I don't even see valets that much anymore. I think Vince prefers to have people that can be their own eye candy and/or be their own mic person.

Not really going to add to this topic but I wanted to say:

I saw Bret Hart Friday night at the Ring Of Honor show in Boston and he looked old. Not the Bret that I remembered at all but due to all the **** that he has gone through I can see why he seemed to age, at least to me quicker.

Not really going to add to this topic but I wanted to say:

I saw Bret Hart Friday night at the Ring Of Honor show in Boston and he looked old. Not the Bret that I remembered at all but due to all the **** that he has gone through I can see why he seemed to age, at least to me quicker.

How much older, exactly? Older then he looked in 2000, or older then he looked at the 06 Hall of Fame? 'Cause I didn't think he really looked too bad there, all things considered.

Although that's also true, there was a period of time where there were no mega-heel managers OR authority figures in WWE, which is post-Hogan and pre-Attitude. A very odd situation.

In fact, as much as Cornette claims that valets replaced managers, I don't even see valets that much anymore. I think Vince prefers to have people that can be their own eye candy and/or be their own mic person.

Yeah, valets replaced managers, but then valets were replaced with...nothingness. Very few wrestlers have someone accompanying them to the ring these days, at least in the WWE. I mean, Zolph Ziggler and Maria are dating, and she still doesn't come to the ring with him. I'm sure the PG thing is a factor, they can't focus on the T&A anymore and that's the only thing most of their valets contribute.

Yeah older then what he looked like in 2000, I mean I know since then he has had a stroke and has a decade worth of years added on him. He was by all means not a broken down old man, he had just aged since the last time I saw him which I guess has been almost a decade (Wasn't even thinking it was that long ago).

I did not see the 06 HOF induction, because the WWF HOF is the biggest joke on the planet! You have Pete Rose in there (which I know he was put in there as a joke but still), and people like Bill Watts, Gordon Solie, Nick Bockwinkel, etc. all of which who, to my knowledge, have never worked for the company in the HOF. However, there is no Bruno Sammartino in there (yes I know he refuses to be put in there) even though he is their longest serving champion? To me it is a joke and not an honor to be inducted into their HOF.

Yeah older then what he looked like in 2000, I mean I know since then he has had a stroke and has a decade worth of years added on him. He was by all means not a broken down old man, he had just aged since the last time I saw him which I guess has been almost a decade (Wasn't even thinking it was that long ago).

I did not see the 06 HOF induction, because the WWF HOF is the biggest joke on the planet! You have Pete Rose in there (which I know he was put in there as a joke but still), and people like Bill Watts, Gordon Solie, Nick Bockwinkel, etc. all of which who, to my knowledge, have never worked for the company in the HOF. However, there is no Bruno Sammartino in there (yes I know he refuses to be put in there) even though he is their longest serving champion? To me it is a joke and not an honor to be inducted into their HOF.

For this reason, that they include people that never worked for them.... Makes it not so much of a joke to me.

In fact, if you compare their HOF to other wrestling hall of fames, there is definately alot of the same people in it.

The are a couple things I like about WWE, and one is the HOF. They will nominate you, even if you hate them.... if you don't want to be in there, that's not their fault.

Other things that I like are the special price's for military (Free I believe), going oversea's to entertain the troops... Something I haven't seen done much since Bob Hope times.

I know people like to hate on WWE, and I don't blame them alot of times... But to hate on the things that they actually get right sends the wrong message, doesn't it?

Yeah, valets replaced managers, but then valets were replaced with...nothingness. Very few wrestlers have someone accompanying them to the ring these days, at least in the WWE. I mean, Zolph Ziggler and Maria are dating, and she still doesn't come to the ring with him. I'm sure the PG thing is a factor, they can't focus on the T&A anymore and that's the only thing most of their valets contribute.

Well... I've been more happy with the Diva's since the "PG" thing to be honest. Now it seems as though WWE is working more on in ring/entertainment skills for them, then just standing there looking good (which I didn't mind that much either, to be honest, lol).

I know there are mistakes in the ring, and that is another thing I've liked about WWE for a good while. They leave the mistakes in for the show although raw doesn't really have a choice, but they still leave in the mistakes on ECW and Smackdown as well, even though they COULD change it, or edit it out. However, it seems like they are definately working on their skills, which is different then before... when it seemed like only certain ones would work on it before.

I'm diggin' the new PG thing, and I think it's having a positive effect on WWE. Something I didn't think would happen (far as better shows).

Also... You can do a whole attitude era in PG, with the same effects... It's not like they were using the "F" word every other sentence, and there are other words that could be changed that aren't swearing (of the ones they did use). It would leave the same impact if done with the same attitude.

The are a couple things I like about WWE, and one is the HOF. They will nominate you, even if you hate them....

Oh, right. Like Randy Savage, whom they pretend never existed?

I'm diggin' the new PG thing, and I think it's having a positive effect on WWE.

Who are, you John Cena...? :s

Doing a DVD dedicated to somebody is a funny way of pretending they don't exist :p

True, I forgot about the dvd.

...which is a poor excuse of a wrestler dvd, as there's no documentary about his career - but only a bunch of matches. The interesting part about such dvds are always, imo, the documentaries...

Archived