Wrestling Trivia!!!! (without google)

wrestlingfan1

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just want to throw this one out there as I think the last answer is correct.

Which two wrestlers have lost more times at Wrestlemania than anybody else?

(feel free to ignore this. I realise that it is not my turn and shall go away and re-evaluate my morals.)

(feel free to ignore this. I realise that it is not my turn and shall go away and re-evaluate my morals.)

Excuse me for answering a question with a question but I need some clarification, are you meaning lost more as in the actual number of losses or over all? Sounds silly I know but not when you look at it like this say you have Wrestler X who has only had 1 wrestlemania appearance and lost and Wrestler Y has 3 wrestlemania appearances they have a 1 win with 2 losses. Y may have a higher number of losses than X but he its not as bad as a 100% loss record.

Shawn Michaels and Big Show? I think HBK has lost 8 or 9 times at WM. I thought the had the record by himself, but since you say there are two, I think it has to be Big Show. Has Big Show ever won at Wrestlemania?

Excuse me for answering a question with a question but I need some clarification, are you meaning lost more as in the actual number of losses or over all? Sounds silly I know but not when you look at it like this say you have Wrestler X who has only had 1 wrestlemania appearance and lost and Wrestler Y has 3 wrestlemania appearances they have a 1 win with 2 losses. Y may have a higher number of losses than X but he its not as bad as a 100% loss record.

I would think "lost more times" would make it clear that he's asking who has been on the losing end of wrestlemania matches the most.

Has Big Show ever won at Wrestlemania?

Once, in a tag title defense along with Kane.

Edit: It looks like LoNdOn has an old version of the question. One guy has the most, and there's a two way tie for second. HBK is #1 with an unprecedented TEN losses, and Big Show is part of a tie for #2 with eight.

True but its all in how the answer is worded: Wrestler X lost 100% of his wrestlemania matches where as Wrestler Y lost 80% of his mania matches.

See why I ask....

No, because that would be about a percentage record, not number of times.

Saying a 100% loss record does not give any indication of the number of times he has lost, which is clearly what is asked for.

Since this is the second time we have run into this problem, instead of using google or wiki or another internet source of information to try and find a question to try and stump the masses, please try to stick to questions that you know the answer to based on your own wrestling knowledge. I googled the question and the first link I got said the correct answer should be Big Show and HBK with 8 losses each. That has already been disputed as a false positive. It kind of defeats the purpose in a trivia show when the answer isn't known definitively by the ' host ' ( the person asking the question.)

If you don't know a lot of wrestling and still want to participate and this is your only way to conjur up a question then by all means go for it. However if this is the method you use to get your question then please cross check it with at least two more websites, and no Wiki does not count. The reason it doesn't count is because it is openly editable: For example I could make a wiki ( or edit if one already exists ) page for the Brooklyn Brawler stating that he is the longest reigning world champion in the history of professional wrestling, doesn't make it true.

Since this is the second time we have run into this problem, instead of using google or wiki or another internet source of information to try and find a question to try and stump the masses, please try to stick to questions that you know the answer to based on your own wrestling knowledge. I googled the question and the first link I got said the correct answer should be Big Show and HBK with 8 losses each. That has already been disputed as a false positive. It kind of defeats the purpose in a trivia show when the answer isn't known definitively by the ' host ' ( the person asking the question.)

If you don't know a lot of wrestling and still want to participate and this is your only way to conjur up a question then by all means go for it. However if this is the method you use to get your question then please cross check it with at least two more websites, and no Wiki does not count. The reason it doesn't count is because it is openly editable: For example I could make a wiki ( or edit if one already exists ) page for the Brooklyn Brawler stating that he is the longest reigning world champion in the history of professional wrestling, doesn't make it true.

Wiki is actually incredibly reliable for anything important to be fact-checked, so your example would be deleted with surprising speed, if the change was accepted at all. Frankly wiki is a lot more reliable than some shady wrestling site. I checked HBK's record by looking at the wiki pages for wrestlemania events, which are 1. sourced by WWE's own site, and 2. get enough traffic that claiming Bastion Booker pinned Razor Ramon would quickly get deleted.

And yeah, I don't see your point regarding percentages at all, for the reasons wilts (and I) have already pointed out.

There's a bunch of genuine questions you can ask that aren't easily checkable on any site, or at all and that you know by heart.

For example, here's a question: The Rock often told people around him to know their rooooole and shut their mouths. A certain someone once replied to him that he has had roles Rocky will never have. Who was that man?

(no need to answer it, might as well keep it 'till it's my turn.. you can try to answer it if you want) :p

Wiki is actually incredibly reliable for anything important to be fact-checked, so your example would be deleted with surprising speed, if the change was accepted at all. Frankly wiki is a lot more reliable than some shady wrestling site. I checked HBK's record by looking at the wiki pages for wrestlemania events, which are 1. sourced by WWE's own site, and 2. get enough traffic that claiming Bastion Booker pinned Razor Ramon would quickly get deleted.

And yeah, I don't see your point regarding percentages at all, for the reasons wilts (and I) have already pointed out.

On the wiki thing they must have changed a lot than because I remember hearing on the news a while back about a ' hoax ' so to speak when a musician died somewhere and someguy from some school ( yeah i know lack of details, moral of the story KIDS SAY NO TO DRUGS. ) had posted on wiki that his last words was something poetic and heart felt, it was published in two major England ( I believe it was ) news papers. Several months later the guy who posted the info on Wiki revealed it was part of a thesus experiment and that the afformentioned musicians " dying words " were actually lyrics from a song ( that if i remember correctly wasn't even performed by the deceased artist).

The last thing I'm going to say on the question that I asked is this 100% = every time, its not a numeric number of times but its used to represent numbers in word problems ( math problems that are written out )

On the wiki thing they must have changed a lot than because I remember hearing on the news a while back about a ' hoax ' so to speak when a musician died somewhere and someguy from some school ( yeah i know lack of details, moral of the story KIDS SAY NO TO DRUGS. ) had posted on wiki that his last words was something poetic and heart felt, it was published in two major England ( I believe it was ) news papers. Several months later the guy who posted the info on Wiki revealed it was part of a thesus experiment and that the afformentioned musicians " dying words " were actually lyrics from a song ( that if i remember correctly wasn't even performed by the deceased artist).

Yes one anecdotal example undermines the largest online encyclopedia in the world. Did you miss the part where I said things like:

Wiki is actually incredibly reliable for anything important to be fact-checked

or

1. sourced by WWE's own site

Is wikipedia okay for your term papers? Probably not, except as a starting point. Is it okay for wrestling results, when they're cited by legitimate websites? YES.

The last thing I'm going to say on the question that I asked is this 100% = every time, its not a numeric number of times but its used to represent numbers in word problems ( math problems that are written out )

Again, please read:

The question had nothing to do with losing "every time," it was who has lost the most times. As has been pointed out to you repeatedly.

regardless:

http://prowrestling.about.com/od/wrestlemania/a/wmwrestlerfacts.htm

has the answer listed as tito santa and big show with 7 losses each

http://www.onlineworldofwrestling.com/results/wweppv/wm-win-loss/

has the answer listed as hbk and big show with 8 losses each

http://www.wrestleview.com/news2009/1239768302.php

has the the sole answer as HBK with 10 losses

So instead of harping over a question that I asked maybe you should be harping to find out what the answer is at least in the opinion of the person who asked it.

Now with the examples above do you see why its better to ask questions based on your OWN wrestling knowledge. It doesn't matter that i only gave one example of wiki's unreliability it still prooves its not reliable 100% of the time.

regardless:

So instead of harping over a question that I asked maybe you should be harping to find out what the answer is at least in the opinion of the person who asked it.

I know what the answer is, that's why I said HBK is #1 and Big Show is tied for #2. Nobody has come up with the third answer.

Archived