So...

I'm looking for a side project - a game I can run through several months in a sitting. Which means starting from scratch.

I want to go back to a zero pop fed, but have no idea of expenses at that kind of level. Any ideas would be useful as to what sort of income/outgoings I can expect.

The idea is to assemble a roster of cheap workers. I'd have a pre-assigned starting roster of a few workers (probably Jean Cattley, Jefferson Stardust, Raphael and Kirk Jameson) and the idea would just be to put on simple 1v1 matches exclusively. One title, one region, one show a month and just focusing more on developing the workers then gaining popularity especially.

So, I'm opening up suggestions for workers I can use. I'm really looking for the cheapest workers - especially those who won't expect travel fees :rolleyes: Around the $200 a show mark or less, ideally. The shows would be intergender, too, so cheap females as well as males are welcome. Obviously workers who are preapred to sign for the smallest fed :D

Also, suggestions for a starting area would be good. I'm thinking Midwest as I don't remember any other companies there, but all suggestions are welcomed.

I started the fed I'm playing with in the midwest with those specifications, except that I was open to paying travel if the workers were really good. and ran more shows (gave myself money to help)

people I usually look to gobble up (and some are more than 200, but locker room leader types, a few I'm not sure are available at the beginning but join c-verse soon after) are steve flash, grandmaster phunk, american elemental, erik strong, mean jean cattelly, raphael, mark speed, masked cougar, DWN (he's cheap to get and awesome), chess master, Kirk Jameson, Mr Lucha III, Primus Allen (the last two both join the game in progress) and as jobbers bob casey, cal sanders, and california love machine. For cheap workers, sometimes you can get them to drop requests for travel if you up their wages per match $50-100 which saves you money. Does not work as often with more expensive workers.

also what kind of fed are you looking at? that changes the types of workers you want

also as for what region, if you think you can assemble a good enough roster to run with the competion my pick would be tri state just because of the importance, you'll go up in size much faster. Maybe go with a fed time that's based more on talent and go all out. If you can tackle the region when there are 3 promotions there you'll get nice boosts from regional battles. If you can't assemble a good enough roster then midwest is nice for the reasons you've stated, although on occasion I'm in regional battles here as well.

look at MAW, PSW, FCW and to a lesser extent NYCW for talent as well

Nomad is someone I'm wanted to look at for a while, so I'll bring him in. DWN is a definite at the start, but as I intend to play this straight (no promotional relationships, except maybe one with MAW) then I'm sure he won't be around for long.

I'll have to give serious thought about the location...

Usually for my from scratch fed I give my user character the highest booking rep and then start a fed in game on hardest. Then I go looking for the absolute cheapest guys I can find. I start by searching for workers who are F- in the US and unemployed. This usually means they'll cost between $50 and $200 a show but most will want their travel to be paid so that means for the first 9 months they'll cost you more, usually when you reup their contract if they are still only working for you then they'll no longer require the travel expense. Then I search for a cheap ref and an announcer.

Now if you start on hard you'll only have about 5k to play with which means for the first year you'll have to skip every other or every third month. Once the travel expenses go away you can skip every third or every fourth month.

As for gaining popularity its tough. Tri-State has 3 other feds that you'll be competing against. NYCW, PSW and FCW so you will always end up in 4th place. But you should be putting on shows in the E+ to D- range from the get go if you are performance based so you'll still usually get a .2 gain per show. Usually somewhere around the end of year two either NYCW or PSW has raised enough popularity to be out of the race even though they're still regional and once one of them does it the other one soon follows so by beginning to middle of year three you won't have to worry about regional battles and you can really start gaining pop.

I usually play a cult based performance fed so my goal is always get the crowd to stop hating my workers. I've managed to get Dusty Bin, Stretch the Chicken Boy and Jeremy Jazz to a decent level of performance as too have the crowd stop ragging on them and fr me that's quite a feat.

Now I've done this in the US on a number of occasions but I've never tried anywhere else so maybe giving this a try in Canada, Mexico or Japan might be fun.

Usually for my from scratch fed I give my user character the highest booking rep and then start a fed in game on hardest.

Now if you start on hard

Where can you adjust the game setting between hard, hardest and I assume there must be a easy? I've never seen this feature.

Where can you adjust the game setting between hard, hardest and I assume there must be a easy? I've never seen this feature.

When your user character reaches the highest booking rep while playing a game you can start your own fed in game. This is where you get the option of how hard you want it to be. What I do is set my user character to start with the highest rep and then start a game so I can start a fed right off.

If your product makes getting sponsorship easy, there really isn't any need to get typical garbage indy workers. I started a PWG-type promotion at Rock Hard, so I had $2,500 and 10 popularity in Tri-State. The first month I lost 10,000. Once I hit Small, though, my sponsorship ($16,000) paid off all my workers (between $13,000 to $15,000), so I pretty much break even every month.

So far I've booked 12 months, I'm at 18+ popularity, and am putting on fairly good shows. My roster is based around some of the top guys on the indy circuit, like Cattley, Snap Dragon, Owen Love, Erik Strong, Fox Mask, Genio Verde, Mainstream Hernandez, Brandon Smith, Shooter Sean Deeley, etc.

It's not so much a difficulty setting, but a setting that dictates the starting popularity, prestige and money of a promotion that you create during your career.

Archived