There Goes The Money

benjacko

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I still believe in Pauls conspiricy theory that Vince will hold on to pass it on to his grandsons aka the sons of Shane hehe. Think Shane wisened up to the fact that he had no chance of becomin his own man in the E and will try something for himself so I wish him the best of luck. Maybe a bodybuilding or football league would work eh lolz.

is this the part where TEW-Fantasy becomes reality and we hear of CM Punk & Mickie James quitting, then Shane announcing WCW's return on WGN.... whatever.... haha.

I think this is the part where a random TEW player gets a mysterious phone call from Shane......"I'm starting a new wrestling company to compete with my father and I want you to book it!" :)

am i the only one whos excited? just think of the posibilties shane could actualy do? or even if its a story line (which i do kind of believe) to bring a wcw brand in gots me excited if this happens i might watch a few wwe shows again :). i hope shane actually does something. does he still own a share of wwe? i hope he does would be stupid to sell his share.

Did anyone think that after working for his father for most of his working life that its maybe time to move on and sink his teeth into a new challenge, away from wrestling?

Indeed. I think the people who are genuinely hoping/expecting him to start another wrestling company or an MMA company will be extremely dissapointed.

He'll likely just slowly fade away from the public eye, doing something completely different.

Indeed. I think the people who are genuinely hoping/expecting him to start another wrestling company or an MMA company will be extremely dissapointed.

He'll likely just slowly fade away from the public eye, doing something completely different.

I don't know about fading from the public eye as such. I'm sure that if Shane's head man any next project will get big time media coverage. You know how the mainstream outlets like to dig at Vince and by extension the McMahon family

There Goes The Money

On the WWE website apparently Stephanie and Triple HHH will be taking over the business now that Shane is leaving. The WWE has been in crisis for a while now and I see it continuing right through 2010. Vince doesn't care about the fans in terms of giving back to them, and I feel like If the WWE is ever going to get out of this so called crisis mode they to mostly sell back ECW to Paul Heyman and just get rid of it because the WWE has ruined the ECW brand. It's supposed to be extreme wrestling but it's not extreme wrestling. It's more like raw and smackdown boring.

its like that because there pg rated what would u expect from vince? they really never had great hardcore matches the belt was more funnier then anything in the 90's. i really dont think paul would take ecw back after the way its been treated its just trashed...

ECW today is great programming compared to Raw and TNA. You get the same amount of wrestling in ECW in one hour than you do in TNA in two hours [20 minutes ECW versus 22 minutes TNA from a week or two ago]. It is being utilized better and serves a purpose, introduce us to new stars. From CM Punk to Kofi Kingston to Miz and Morrison to Jack Swagger to Yoshi Tatsu and hopefully Bryan Danielson and Nigel McGuiness.

If the original ECW was soo great, they would have a steady supply of revenue pumped in. They wouldn't have a financial failure. They would be selling out bigger venues than bingo halls. They would be on network television...but they didn't. TNN didn't want them. They didn't have enough money to pay off their expenses. As a result, they are under the property of Vincent Kennedy McMahon. Remember, 25+ years of Vince and the WWE was no coincidence. He has been running far longer than WCW. Raw has been on television for 15 years. SmackDown for 10 years. WCW Nitro only made it to 6 years. ECW on TNN less than 2 years. WWE has been on pay per view for the last 20 years. They have four freaking programs per week which is too much (imagine booking 6 hours per week of wrestling/segments).

If Vince doesn't listen to fans, he won't make money. They made plenty of money the last couple of years so obviously he is doing something right. The IWC has gripe on McMahon because he doesn't listen to them. Why? Because why satisfy a small pond that bring in less money. He is going after the right demographic...the PG crowd. Because they represent more revenue. They are less demanding than the IWC. And there is more of them than there is on IWC.

Under McMahon, we got Hulk Hogan, Randy Savage, Ultimate Warrior, Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels, The Rock, Brock Lesnar (who is making UFC big bucks), John Cena. ECW RVD is no match for WWE Rock. ECW Taz is no match for WWE Brock Lesnar.

And if Paul were to take ECW back under his sole control, it would end up like the original ECW...financial trouble.

ECW today is great programming compared to Raw and TNA.

Eh, all subjective. Everyone's got their own likes and dislikes. I mean, you quote that statistic on minutes of wrestling per hour (mow/ph? mow per hour? mow power!), but as crazy as it sounds, i don't watch wrestling for the wrestling - i watch it for the characters and the interaction. I think stuff like the Nash skits are brilliant, i'd gladly watch them for hours - and when it does come to in-ring stuff, i like over-the-top violence and high spots. I'm a product of my generation. I acknowledge i'm in the minority though.

Also, on a more general note (not aimed at anyone specifically)...

Wayyy too much fact-stating goes on on these (well, any) forums... "TNA is better than WWE, WWE is better than TNA, ECW is 'proper' programming.." all of that. Would putting "in my opinion" just before everything be too much to ask? :p I know it's stating the obvious, but some people seem to get too offended by someone liking a certain fed or whatever.

If this was politics by all means get angry (why do you think political threads are banned here? :p), but this is purely about taste!

Eh, all subjective. Everyone's got their own likes and dislikes. I mean, you quote that statistic on minutes of wrestling per hour (mow/ph? mow per hour? mow power!), but as crazy as it sounds, i don't watch wrestling for the wrestling - i watch it for the characters and the interaction. I think stuff like the Nash skits are brilliant, i'd gladly watch them for hours - and when it does come to in-ring stuff, i like over-the-top violence and high spots. I'm a product of my generation. I acknowledge i'm in the minority though.

Wayyy too much fact-stating goes on on these (well, any) forums... "TNA is better than WWE, WWE is better than TNA, ECW is 'proper' programming.." all of that. Would putting "in my opinion" just before everything be too much to ask? :p I know it's stating the obvious, but some people seem to get too offended by someone liking a certain fed or whatever.

If this was politics by all means get angry (why do you think political threads are banned here? :p), but this is purely about taste!

im with u on some of this as i do like skits and characters but honestly i think nash just sucks now or tna is not useing him right because his segments r boring to me i usually skip anything that has nash, booker t and scott stiener in it, i admit back in the day scott and nash was great on the mic but i never liked booker i actually liked his brother a lot more i miss those flap jack days. as when it comes to wrestling i like everything about it from high flying to hardcore to techinical matches it doesnt matter but my favorites is techinical matches with some high flying in it like this weeks kurt angel vs aj styles. i also admit ur right about each persons taste as i used to lose wwe and wcw in the 90s but now after the wars gone only thing imo standing is tna. wwe just went to crap after they lost kurt angle i was only watching it for kurt, i do like some of the guys they got but so much of it is repeats just look how many times cena and orton has fought or they brought back the water down dx....even when tna has a crappy week i usually enjoy it, i was even liking the super hero team they had i really think they should of kept shark boy around :). but im good with them replacing him with amazing red on tv :)

This is what the WWE Universe has been talking about since his resignation. They believe that Stephanie and Triple HHH will takeover perhaps now and help Vince run this company. There's always been a lot of friction between Shane and Stephanie over the years of how to run the company. Stephanie wanted to do this in the company and shane didn't want to. Just like when Vickie Guerrero resigned as GM, who took over Stephanie and who opposed of it If this was a script or storyline Shane did, Shane never really gotten along with his sister, plus Stephanie is Vince's favorite between the two. She has always run the company. Final thoughts You have to wonder why he resign, first did he resign because of the board or he did resign because of one superstar who pressured him into making this decision.

On the WWE website apparently Stephanie and Triple HHH will be taking over the business now that Shane is leaving. The WWE has been in crisis for a while now and I see it continuing right through 2010. Vince doesn't care about the fans in terms of giving back to them, and I feel like If the WWE is ever going to get out of this so called crisis mode they to mostly sell back ECW to Paul Heyman and just get rid of it because the WWE has ruined the ECW brand. It's supposed to be extreme wrestling but it's not extreme wrestling. It's more like raw and smackdown boring.

Your lack of grammar and logic hurts my brain. Stay in school and maybe learn not to believe every rumor mill you read.

I second this. All of it. I never understood where people got the idea that one style of professional wrestling is better than another. You don't see that in any other form of entertainment. Is anybody out there comparing how much people laugh during Couples Retreat and using that as proof it's better than Paranormal Activity? Do you see any critics saying 3 is a bad song because it doesn't have a piano solo? "But it's wrestling!" they say. No, it's entertainment. What they do in the ring is just one part of the story they tell, sometimes a bigger part than others. If you're unhappy with WWE or TNA because of how much wrestling they have, wouldn't it be easier to watch something else than complain about it all the time?

Agreed on the fact stating thing too. You don't have to say "in my opinion" all the time, but just word it differently... "I like Smackdown! more than Raw" sounds a lot better than "Smackdown! is light years ahead of Raw" or "Smackdown! is by far the best brand in the WWE." And try not to get so worked up if somebody disagrees with you, you'll live a lot longer. :)

Your lack of grammar and logic hurts my brain. Stay in school and maybe learn not to believe every rumor mill you read.

I think he's just making stuff up to troll. Just like the guy who posts that WWE is buying TNA every 3 months.

There Goes The Money

You have to wonder why Shane is leaving, is it because of Stephanie or is it because Shane wants to start fresh with another company. Shane and Stephanie have never seen eye to eye when it comes to running the WWE. I believe that Shane's absence is a blessing for the WWE. You need also wonder where does both Vince and Linda fit into all of this. Linda has always stood by her children unlike Vince. Vince has never stood by Shane at all like he has with Stephanie. He has liked Stephanie more then Shane. In the eyes of Vince he has always believed that both him and Stephanie would both run Raw together along with the WWE. Unlike shane, Stephanie is not afraid to get into someone's face in the ring, but If you ask Shane he would not do it, and this also applies to Linda.

You have to wonder why Shane is leaving, is it because of Stephanie or is it because Shane wants to start fresh with another company. Shane and Stephanie have never seen eye to eye when it comes to running the WWE. I believe that Shane's absence is a blessing for the WWE. You need also wonder where does both Vince and Linda fit into all of this. Linda has always stood by her children unlike Vince. Vince has never stood by Shane at all like he has with Stephanie. He has liked Stephanie more then Shane. In the eyes of Vince he has always believed that both him and Stephanie would both run Raw together along with the WWE. Unlike shane, Stephanie is not afraid to get into someone's face in the ring, but If you ask Shane he would not do it, and this also applies to Linda.

I read the exact same thing, nearly word for word on PWTorch the other day. Come on dude, quit posting someone else's mindset and come up with your own creative insights.

Archived