There Goes The Money

benjacko

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow indeed. Never saw this coming to be quite honest. There are couple of questions floating around in my head right now.. What will happen to WWE when Vince retires (Stephanie & Triple H take over?), what will Shane do.. Could this be .. Worked angle? :cool:

Wow. This is a big shock, and I may be wrong but it sounds as though he intends to leave the business entirely.

Seriously, when you are Shane-O-Mac where do you go from there?

Correct me if I'm wrong here. But hasn't the buzz always been that Shane has always been more of a Nethead than a real wrestling guy? I mean sure he's worked for the family business. And yes put in the effort to be presentable when he's physically stepped in the ring. But the impression I've always gotten is that the Internet is where his heart's always been. Being that he was VP of Media, I would figure that maybe he has some grand Net business in mind. Like maybe he has a business model he thinks can challenge Hulu or whatever.

With this daddy being who he is and the way mainstream media like to make light of Puh Pa, I'm sure we'll eventually hear what Shane's big plan in stepping away is. The press won't be able to resist trying to muck with Vince by putting snide references to him in any spin on Shane's project.

Wow indeed. Never saw this coming to be quite honest. There are couple of questions floating around in my head right now.. What will happen to WWE when Vince retires (Stephanie & Triple H take over?), what will Shane do.. Could this be .. Worked angle? :cool:

I have little doubt that it is.

Actually, let me rephrase that. I'd be surprised if it wasn't a worked shoot.

Could this be .. Worked angle? :cool:

Next we'll have Shane announce that he's aquired the rights to WCW, that he has signed guys like Hogan, Sting and Booker T, and that his guys will be squaring off against his father's at a coming War Games match. :eek:

There Goes The Money

This is what the WWE Universe has been talking about since his resignation. They believe that Stephanie and Triple HHH will takeover perhaps now and help Vince run this company. There's always been a lot of friction between Shane and Stephanie over the years of how to run the company. Stephanie wanted to do this in the company and shane didn't want to. Just like when Vickie Guerrero resigned as GM, who took over Stephanie and who opposed of it If this was a script or storyline Shane did, Shane never really gotten along with his sister, plus Stephanie is Vince's favorite between the two. She has always run the company. Final thoughts You have to wonder why he resign, first did he resign because of the board or he did resign because of one superstar who pressured him into making this decision.

If it's true, Then it's really sad to see Shane McMahon leave the WWE. He was, by far, my favorite McMahon going back to the Attitude era. To a young 16 year old, He was "the man" with his arrogant smirk and the ability to bring something cool to the product.

With that being said, Things change... people change... And, with time, you may find yourself wanting to venture into new projects. Maybe this was so that he didn't have to be locked down by the WWE after Vince leaves for good? If he left at that point it would seem far more catastrophic.

This way, He can do what he wants to do and move forward with his life.

Then again.....

Please be a work ... ;)

It's legit. It would not be worded that way if it weren't. You'd detect a hint of cynicism or a promise of vindication. Shane simply bowed out. Nothing wrong in that. Plus, WWE wouldn't press release his departure, update the corporate website, and royally upset the shareholders. They learned their lesson in that debacle.

The people that think there's any chance this is a work have spent waaay too much time on the internet. There's no way this is anything but legitimate.

As for what this does to the future of the WWE, this doesn't necessarily change anything. He quit his job, he didn't quit the family. And without knowing the reason, we don't even know if this is expected to be permanent. Linda resigned to run for senate, do we have any doubt she's coming back if/when she loses the election? Maybe Shane's leaving so he can help her senate campaign, and he's coming back in 2011. And if it is permanent, that confirms what we've all long suspected anyway: Stephanie and Triple H are going to take over for Vince.

And, unless there was massive bridge burning on the way out the door, this definitely doesn't mean he can't still be an on screen character if a storyline calls for it.

well shane is either doing this to work with his moms campaign or with his wife who has a film production company (unrelated to wwe films). or both. he could even be interested in mma, he was the one pushing vince to buy pride fc at one point, before ufc bought them and killed pride off

I think it was always a givin that steph and hunter would take over the company once vince is gone. I think shane knew that and did not want to spend the rest of his life working for his baby sister lol. I could see him doing mma or i could see him just joining a company that no one has ever head of and stay off the radar. I don't think he is done with wwe and i do think one day we will see him again. He is not exactuly young any more and might just want to see what is out there.

So Shane heads off to the land of future endeavors? That is quite the shock as I figured he'd want to be a lifer. Then again, we can only imagine how demanding that job must be and being in his shoes, it's a smart move to get out while he's not totally gray yet and see what else he can do. I imagine unless he burned a bridge somewhere, he has a spot in the company forever. But Shane does seem to be the only one on the family who doesn't have the fire for the business. This is just something he did. He didn't even care that his little sister was going to run the company after Vince and not him. This man has his priorities set.

Whatever he does next, I wish him the best of luck.

(COUGHTNACOUGH)

if shane o mac would end up in tna i would mark out like crazy. I could just picture here comes the money playing on tna and the crowed going nuts.

And he would be permenately removed from the McMahon family...

It would be an amazing sight. However, it's never ever-ever-ever going to happen until, maybe, the final episode of Impact when Shane comes out to announce that the McMahon's have bought the company. ;)

Archived