BFG discussion Thread

TNAfan123

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I walked away from my computer during the women's title match... What was teh deal with Tara? I just heard the announcers talking weird, and they said she went to the back... ???? :confused:

She saw somebody in the crowd and got upset or something. Didn't catch who it was.

Sadly there has been a lot of botched and sloppy spots throughout which is really taking away from the PPV as a whole. Still enjoying it however.

i read he tweeted he was very sore but ok

This is good to hear. That was an incredible bump he took.

So, she was wrestling, saw a person in the crowd, went to the back mid match and got security? No face to face, no contact between her and the person? Just got up and left the match?

Security got between her and the female before there was any confrontation. Than she came back to the match after a bit and did basically nothing but getting taken out by Kong. Odd booking to say the least.

This is wrestling chant... lol

Havent heard that before.

That was pretty neat to hear. Great match imo between AJ and Sting. I for one hope this won't be the last we see of Sting in the ring. My favorite wrestler of all time hands down.

Anyway my thoughts on the PPV in short, maybe more in depth tomorrow, but work awaits early in the morning. Great start with Ultimate X and great finish with Styles and Sting. Solid in between with some great moments but certainly some strange moments as well. Fun show to watch overall though.

That was pretty neat to hear. Great match imo between AJ and Sting. I for one hope this won't be the last we see of Sting in the ring. My favorite wrestler of all time hands down.

Anyway my thoughts on the PPV in short, maybe more in depth tomorrow, but work awaits early in the morning. Great start with Ultimate X and great finish with Styles and Sting. Solid in between with some great moments but certainly some strange moments as well. Fun show to watch overall though.

If by weird you mean ****.

The matches were great and the booking was ... suspect.

I caught a stream of this online, and like others have said, the botches and stupid booking really took away from what was otherwise great show. The thing with Victoria (er, Tara) was just weird, then you had Abyss forgetting to lift his shoulder, then Samoa Joe...umm, submitting? Saying uncle? Passing out? The endings to that match, Angle/Morgan, and to a lesser extent Styles/Sting were just completely ant-climatic, and I definitely could've done without the speech by Sting. Let's reserve post match speeches for people who actually have something to say, shall we? Or, at least, save them for somebody who knows where the frickin' hard camera is.

That said, the X Division match and the Foley match both blew me away, and that four team match was pretty damn good too. The Angle and Sting matches were solid. And it was nice to hear Taz's voice on commentary again(this was the first TNA show I've watched since he replaced West, I had no idea that happened).

Did they break attendance records on this show?

I heard they sold 850 tickets, but that's third hand hearsay and conjecture. I think the arena they held it at has a 5,000 seat capacity for concerts. I don't know how/if they blocked any section off, so I can't guess the actual capacity.

The attendances for their UK tours have been pretty high, so I'd guess they didn't break any records with this little show.

Ok first of 850 tickets is absolute BS as their US house shows often get around 1000. This is the same bashing rumors as there are about their ppv buys. The stadium looked pretty full so I would say 4.500 or so for possibly a US attendance record. Their tours in the UK where huge in terms of turnout.

Now as said about most of the matches they needed better finishes and a little bit more time for said finishes and a bit more ring psychology. This could have been done by cutting the National Anthem and shortening the video packages.

Ultimate X: Sick match with all the great spots, top rope huricanrana to the floor, gringo cutter of the wire, flux capacetator which was a nice hint, MCMG teamwork and the sick bump at the ending. Ending was kinda anti climactic as we had just seen Daniels and Suicide do the same thing. Sabin and Shelly should have gotten Red of and then battled each other for the belt and then have Homicide sneak in for the win imho. 8/10

Womens Tag: Fun stuff with Lacey rest of the match way too short and the entrance was without a wiggle, this match, hell this title, should not have been on the card, they could have easily extended for the next ppv . 3.75/10

Legends Title: Ok crappy name for a title lets get over it. Good booking with Young screwing Nash but it was kinda blink and you miss it, the tension should have been built more or it should have really come out of nowhere and be more impressive. Hernandez's dive onto Young looked sick to bad they didn't have a good shot of it. 6.25/10

Full Metal Mayem: Let me just say this I am done and dusted with Booker T first he kept under performing in his matches, now he is hoping to get back in the E so refuses to job to Morgan last second and now gets himself stretchered off without taking at least a decent bumb which could explain it. Either get with it Book or go to WWE and go whine and complain there for more money. Apart from that the rest was real good with some nice tag team action and sick bumbs, Scott Steiner was amazing imho, that is how ya spend your last days in a company Book! Rhino coming in and costing 3D was nice but I had the feeling that Devon pulled the strap down by accident otherwise booking wise he should have come in just before Ray could get the other belt. Now the IWGP belt just seemed an afterthought. I can live with the Brits winning it and the finish was ok altough they could have done something more impactfull to take Storm out as Rob Terry showed us he probably can't wrestle but a Roode lawn dart was dam impressive. Would have preferred IWGP to Brits and Beer Money get the main belt back but o well. 3D still have the magic touch with the crowd. Double superplex and Sunset bomb on Magnus and the Superbomb through a table on Steiner where sick 7.5/10

Knockout Title: Good teamwork by Tara and ODB vs Kong, ODB doing a Samoan drop on Kong was cool. ODB looked better then ever in this match, Kong was her usual dominant self but hoped for her moonsault which didn't happen. The whole bs work and or shoot with Tara and Kim Couture was just bad and took away from it all I like surprises and mystery and all but I don't like confusion that leads nowhere. 6/10

Lashley vs Joe: Very good match with a very bad finish liked the fan support of Joe, disliked the hatred for Lashley as he did pretty well imho, could have possibly been rebooked due to the fact Joe was feeling sick, didn't think Joe came of weak in defeat here which is good. 6.75/10

Monster's Ball: If you like plunder and slight overbooking then enjoy if you don't then it is not for you. I like plunder but didn't like the overbooking and the obvious ref/abyss botch which really detracted from the match as well as the tazer shot. They should have just teased it and not use it if they wanted to bring it into play at all. Daffney is zombie hot and sick for taking those bumbs. Good on Abyss finally taking everyone out altough I expected the way he would take out Foley would have been sicker. Not the best Monster's ball and not Edge vs Foley levels but still very good. 7.25/10

Angle vs Morgan: Morgan clearly showed he can hang with the big boys here and it was good back and forth action. Too bad for this and the next match that AJ vs Angle on Impact kinda overshadowed both and although the flash pinfall keeps Morgan somewhat strong a mid ring fully locked aka grapevined in Ankle lock countering a Hellavator would have been better. The show of respect after was nice. 7/10

World Title Match: Very good match, loved the ring psychology of the mutual respect. Sting showed us he still has it at times and AJ is simply Phenomenal. The angle at the end was disappointing as they shouldn't have done it or given an answer still that didn't detract from a very good performance by both men but it could have been better. If AJ had been able to do the 540 instead of the frog splash springboard I think the ending would have been better or conversely countering a Scorpion Death drop into a Styles Clash. 7.5/10

Overall: 7.25/10 Not great but very good as mentioned some botches and some confusion and some non perfect finishes detracted. Plus no great surprises or one shot appearances etc kinda let it down. It was good and and very exciting moments and great spots but it just missed that je ne sais qua. Hope Dixie realises this that Russo is good at making stories but not at ending them or good at booking matches.

Careful Hyde, your fanboi is showing.

Honestly, I don't see how you can lambast someone for stating what they've heard (hello? Not everyone in attendance paid for their tickets. Is this not a known activity?) and then make notes on booking while accusing someone of 'going into business for themselves' just so they can 'get back' to the last place they worked. Could it be possible that Booker being stretchered out was, oh I dunno, PLANNED and booked like that? Naw!

I thought the women's tag match was pretty good, for what it was. Many people (including TNA fans) fail to realize that there is an IMMENSE difference in skill levels between Taylor & Stock and Sky & Rayne. Jamie (Talia/Velvet Sky) has never been particularly skilled in the ring and she's always been protected by a stronger partner (April Hunter being the most notable). I wasn't expecting a five star classic (heck, I would've been happy with a three star), given the people involved.

It was a very good card marred by some questionable booking decisions. Isn't that TNA's trademark?

Archived