Sheamus

Sons of Kohral

Raw is WAY to crowded, mainly because (and this is a problem among all brands) no big stars are getting hurt/taking time off for significant periods allowing anyone to move up, or the guys who are there seem to be locked there for a while. On RAW the main event is basically going to be a constant of HHH/HBK/Cena/Orton and if one of those 4 isnt involved EVERYONE knows its just a holding period until it breaks down to them again. So that aside, now lets look at the cluster of Uppercard talent that is on RAW:

Big Show

Cody Rhodes

Jack Swagger

Kofi Kingston

Mark Henry

Montel Vontavious Porter

?Sheamus

Ted Dibiase

The Miz

plus the fact we all know Evan Bourne, Carlito, & Chavo should be used better. That leaves who as teh "jobbers"..... Those three + Primo, Chris Masters, Santino, Jamie Noble..

someone is bound to get lost in shuffle (Evan already has, could argue Swagger has as well).

WWE needs to dump guys (for no reason but to freshen their roster, I admit I like some of these guys) like Big Show, Mark Henry, & hopefully HBK steps aside soon and Randy can get another 6-8 month shoulder injury.

They need to build people up "just enough" that they'd be able to step in for someone in an injury. Otherwise, the drop off is significant. Just like on a sports team you'd want your bench players to be almost as good as your starters.

Not everyone can be a star, nor should they. If they were, it would be incredibly boring.

I think Sheamus is easily the best prospect to debut since John Cena. He has the look, charisma, and wrestling ability to be a superstar. But I also think they took him off ECW way too soon. It would've been nice to see him fued with Christian, have a good run with the ECW title, and move to Raw (or, preferably, SD!) at the draft next year.

I think Sheamus is easily the best prospect to debut since John Cena. He has the look, charisma, and wrestling ability to be a superstar. But I also think they took him off ECW way too soon. It would've been nice to see him fued with Christian, have a good run with the ECW title, and move to Raw (or, preferably, SD!) at the draft next year.

This.

I love Sheamus to death, but I was really disappointed to see him debut on RAW. SD would've been a better place for him, putting him in a program with John Morrison to get the fans familiar with and interested in him. It feels rushed and I've got a bad feeling about it.

They need to build people up "just enough" that they'd be able to step in for someone in an injury. Otherwise, the drop off is significant. Just like on a sports team you'd want your bench players to be almost as good as your starters.

Not everyone can be a star, nor should they. If they were, it would be incredibly boring.

I dunno about boring. The most successful period of the company's history had even midcarders that fans saw as 'stars'. You're right that not everyone can or should be a main eventer, but I tend to think that having a lot of people the fans truly care about, is an embarrassment....of riches.

I agree with your overall idea though. It's best to have a strong second unit you can throw in when the need arises.

WWE needs to dump guys (for no reason but to freshen their roster, I admit I like some of these guys) like Big Show, Mark Henry, & hopefully HBK steps aside soon and Randy can get another 6-8 month shoulder injury.

I have a problem with that. Personally, I would never wish injury on a worker just to force creative into changing directions. That's like saying 'I wish MrCanada would get hurt so his boss will hire/promote somebody new'. If it happens naturally, I will say 'Good, now maybe the E will push/develop someone to take that role' but wishing it on someone is bad juju IMO.

Sheamus is my personal favorite new WWE guy and maybe in the E as a whole. I agree that he was taken off of ECW to soon. I would like to see him there in singles, winning and achieving. If he is to be moved to one of the A shows I would of chose Smackdown for him for one, and as he is still a "green-face" (most casual wrestling fan has no idea who he is as my co-workers are testament) I would like to see him one half of a tag team. Sheamus and in my opinion Birchill, but McIntyre would work, would be a good duo to feud with the Hart Dynasty... seeing them take on Cryme Tyme over and over again just... pisses me off.

But yes Sheamus is freaking coooool people. Hop on the wagon yall! :)

Team him with Finlay and both would benefit. Sheamus from teaming with a seasoned hand who could teach him some things and who he could get shine from working with, Finlay from the freshening up of possible feuds and having the burden of working an entire match lifted (because he's getting up in years, even if his work doesn't show it, and doing this could add several more years to his already great shelf life), it might even draw him more fan interest as a character (much like Hornswaggle did). It would also give the WWE a tag team whose styles and gimmicks could mesh together and not feel like like it's just a "Singles Star A/Singles Star B" type team. Heck, team Regal and Birchill (with his sis as their manager/valet) too and run the two teams against one another for awhile as an undercard feud on one of the main shows (or a major one on ECW). I don't get why the WWE has all these guys with similar gimmicks on the same shows working singles matches.

Team him with Finlay and both would benefit. Sheamus from teaming with a seasoned hand who could teach him some things and who he could get shine from working with, Finlay from the freshening up of possible feuds and having the burden of working an entire match lifted (because he's getting up in years, even if his work doesn't show it, and doing this could add several more years to his already great shelf life), it might even draw him more fan interest as a character (much like Hornswaggle did). It would also give the WWE a tag team whose styles and gimmicks could mesh together and not feel like like it's just a "Singles Star A/Singles Star B" type team. Heck, team Regal and Birchill (with his sis as their manager/valet) too and run the two teams against one another for awhile as an undercard feud on one of the main shows (or a major one on ECW). I don't get why the WWE has all these guys with similar gimmicks on the same shows working singles matches.

Basically, tag people together who come from the same country?

Except if they're American cos there's just so many of them in the WWE.

Meh it's wrestling, it works. I would then have Burchill/MacIntire and Sheamus double cross Regal and Finley or the other way around setting up a feud of old vs young with the young guys coming out on top.

Still Sheamus vs Hornswaggle Book it! And end him! swaggle I mean. Marks will boo him mercilessly and smarks will love him.

The Patriot and Hulk Hogan (or Lex Lugar) would've = ratings and you know it. ;)

No, tagging people whose gimmicks are rooted in that they are from Country "X" and have similar personae and in-ring styles? I see no problem with that (Regal's and Birchill's gimmicks can easily be described as "Sadistic English Submissionist" so, why not team up the two Sadistic English Submissionists to give them something new to do than floundering on the undercard of ECW?) If Davey Boy Smith were to rise from his grave tomorrow and sign with the WWE, I wouldn't suggest teaming him with either of them. Undertaker maybe, but not William Regal or Birchill. SOS is "The Celtic Warrior", a brawling "Fighting Irishman" if you will. Now who works a very similar gimmick and style? Who carries around a traditional Irish weapon with him and "Likes to fight" and brawls like there's no tomorrow? Hell, what does he call his finisher, for pete's sake? Hmmm.

I'm all about teaming up guys who have similar gimmicks and styles. Do they still have DJ Gabriel doing techno dancing and is he still working that gimmick? If they do, it makes sense to tag him with Jesse "Slam Master J" now that he's doing the DJ gimmick, no (See: Knights, Boogie)? Heck, when they both still worked for the WWE at the time, I wouldn't have objected to Val Venus and Lance Storm teaming up on the premise of they both have rather sizable genitalia and the women liked them ;).

Still Sheamus vs Hornswaggle Book it! And end him! swaggle I mean. Marks will boo him mercilessly and smarks will love him.

Yep, this would be a great way to generate some mega heat for Sheamus. Have Sheamus call Hornswoggle a disgrace to his country and beat him within an inch of his tiny life. Then Finlay could temporarily crossover to RAW for a program with Sheamus in which, once again, Sheamus is victorious, handing out a huge beating to Finaly.

Would surely help establish him more on RAW?

The most recent episode of ECW was the first time I've ever seen Sheamus in action, and I just don't see what everyone else is seeing in the guy. He has a unique and interesting look, I'll grant you that, but beyond that, I was not impressed. Maybe that was just an aberration, I don't know, but my reaction was a resounding "Meh."

Oh well, doubt I'll be getting a second look at the guy any time soon, because I have absolutely no interest in watching Raw.

One thing I will say, is that I don't see an irish team in the future.

Why do you think they put him on RAW and not Smackdown! when the latter was the better choice?

Mostly because if he went to smackdown sooner or later he would have to run a program with Finlay, and it's obvious that's a road the WWE don't want him to go down at the moment.

The most recent episode of ECW was the first time I've ever seen Sheamus in action, and I just don't see what everyone else is seeing in the guy. He has a unique and interesting look, I'll grant you that, but beyond that, I was not impressed. Maybe that was just an aberration, I don't know, but my reaction was a resounding "Meh."

Oh well, doubt I'll be getting a second look at the guy any time soon, because I have absolutely no interest in watching Raw.

I agree with this, I think he will be booked good butr will fail in the long run I see him as a solid midcarder for about three years and then falling off the face of the planet but I could be wrong.

PS: He reminds me of that guy that was in WCW sean O something

I don't watch ECW so I can't speak to his ability but if you don't see him as a potential future world champion you need to re-evaluate your scouting abilities. His size and build (and the one match I've seen of his) remind me of Test circa 1998. But unlike Test, who looked generic and had no charisma, Sheamus has a really unique and marketable look, so if he has any charisma at all and can learn the WWE style, he could be a very big deal. I haven't been this impressed with a newcomer since I saw Bobby Lashley (note: this was before I heard him speak).

This thread makes me cry tears of joy.

As a follow countryman of Sheamus O Shaunessy's, a country that was pretty low population, a country where there's only only wrestling company that has an audience of maybe 50, hearing that SOS could be the some big in the WWE is like the most awesome thing in the world.

YA BEAT DA ODDS SHEAMUS!!!!

SOS is a great talent but I'm not sure if he's ever going to break out of the generic big monster role he's now going to gain on Raw (see Viscera/Snitsky). I for one would like to see him pushed as just a Celtic destroyer, not speaking English only speaking Gaelic, and simply being the vicious yet talented monster the WWE has been lacking since Lesnar left. And the quickest way I think for him to get over huge right now is simple.

Destroying Hornswoggle.

I think if SOS came onto Raw, said Hornswoggle was a reason why ppl made fun of the Irish, thinking they're all leprechauns and drunks, and just knocks the **** out of him. Not like a slam and done, but like full on offense on him. Crowd would hate him, kids would fear him and a major heel would be born.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, his last match on ECW was pretty lackluster IMO. Maybe if they push Sheamus to the moon we will see a huge star born.

Archived