Rembering old Jobbers

fusionfreak

In the 80's I use to feel kind of sorry for the guys that lost all the time. Back in those days I thought wrestling was real. LOL. Does anyone else remember these guys? The one that stuck out in my mind the most was Terry Gibbs. I've seen him loose to just about every big name wrestler in the 80's in WWF. Whatever happened to Terry Gibbs? I've tried to find pictures of him from his time in the 80's with WWF and find updates to what he's doing now. Anyone have any ideas?

Who are some of your favorite jobbers from wrestling history?

Ah, man where to start.. where to start.

I was always a fan of Young Stallions, Paul Roma & Jim Powers. I was always a fan of them as a tag team and when they split Roma than turned him heel.. it was a dark day in my childhood. Roma shoulda got bigger push and Powers should gotten a little higher on the card. I push Powers in my '91 game as a midcarder that gets a little more victories than he probably should.

Barry Horowitz, Italian Stallion, The Gambler, Rick McGraw, Barry Darsow, S.D. Jones.. the list goes on and on. I was a fan of the guys that I knew wouldn't win.

Barry Horowitz, Italian Stallion, The Gambler, Rick McGraw, Barry Darsow, S.D. Jones.. the list goes on and on. I was a fan of the guys that I knew wouldn't win.

Yes. I used to love The Gambler as a kid. An opener (what was the term WWF used to use? Preliminary wrestler?) who had a gimmick and a bit of an outfit...

Good times. WWE needs more guys like this - Jamie Noble needs a push, darn it!

This, especially Brad, though he did win a few secondary titles here and there, but eventually he became a jobber despite being extremely good in the ring, but I guess a lack of promo skills is what held him back.

YES! Brad was the man, very fluid in the ring, silky smooth. He deserved better than a Saturday Night staple.

Yes. I used to love The Gambler as a kid. An opener (what was the term WWF used to use? Preliminary wrestler?) who had a gimmick and a bit of an outfit...

Good times. WWE needs more guys like this - Jamie Noble needs a push, darn it!

Isn't that an oxymoron? You're arguing that being a jobber is a noble art and that actually being one will get you remember, thus the WWE should have more of them. So the why the "push" Jamie Noble? Apparently he's fine where he's at.

a dvd in the making

Someone needs to make a dvd titled "Legendary Jobbers of Wrestling. Guys that got they're asses kicked on a daily basis". LOL. I'd buy it if it had Terry Gibbs and the other names mentioned in this thread. Thanks for reminding me of these guys. Most of them I had forgoten about. Wasn't Al Snow used as kind of a jobber for a while?

Someone needs to make a dvd titled "Legendary Jobbers of Wrestling. Guys that got they're asses kicked on a daily basis". LOL. I'd buy it if it had Terry Gibbs and the other names mentioned in this thread. Thanks for reminding me of these guys. Most of them I had forgoten about. Wasn't Al Snow used as kind of a jobber for a while?

The J.O.B. Squad! Al Snow and Scorpio and Blue Meanie and Gillberg and Bob Holly!

lol kind of off topic but I remember awhile back when wrestling was on saturdays. One morning I was watching the 123 Kid fight someone I can't remember exactly and there was a commercial break. As soon as the commercial ended whoever was broadcasting at the time came on and said 123 Kid had won the match during commercial break lol.

Archived