TEW2010 Developer's Journal Discussion

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Read an article?

This is really starting to make me feel old. People are now finding out from articles about things that I experienced first-hand?

I would assume most people on this board remember that night pretty specifically? I want to say January 4, 1999... right?

January 4, 1999 indeed. It was the first RAW of 1999. It's the famous "Foley put my butt in this seat" incident. Schiavone gave away the results, saying that Mick Foley, who wrestled in WCW as Cactus Jack, will win the the WWF tite and sarcastically added "Yeah, that'll put some butts in the seats." Then, almost simultaneously, some 400,000 homes tune into RAW to see Foley win the WWF title and for months, there were signs brought to RAW, saying "Foley put my butt in this seat." :)

Read an article?

This is really starting to make me feel old. People are now finding out from articles about things that I experienced first-hand?

I would assume most people on this board remember that night pretty specifically? I want to say January 4, 1999... right?

I don't remember the date, but I also remember the event vividly. PP gave me the same "Am I old?" feeling just the other day in the suggestions thread, saying "Didn't Mike Tyson show up in WWF or something?". That was a HUGE deal back in the day. Massive, massive deal. That anyone wouldn't know that as absolute fact boggles my mind.

Read an article?

I never, ever watched Nitro so I never even knew about it. None of my friends were big WCW fans either so something like that never really came up.

Reading it I just thought back to an earlier arguement where someone thought that Dirty Deeds were too extreme... but spoiling your rivals show seems pretty extreme to me :D

I never, ever watched Nitro so I never even knew about it. None of my friends were big WCW fans either so something like that never really came up.

Reading it I just thought back to an earlier arguement where someone thought that Dirty Deeds were too extreme... but spoiling your rivals show seems pretty extreme to me :D

You NEVER watched Nitro? Man, you missed some great stuff. Especially during 1996-1998. If there's anyway you can, I suggest you check that stuff out and not believe the WWE's "WCW was always crap and only got lucky" propaganda.

Although, the propaganda hasn't been that bad as of late.

I don't remember the date, but I also remember the event vividly. PP gave me the same "Am I old?" feeling just the other day in the suggestions thread, saying "Didn't Mike Tyson show up in WWF or something?". That was a HUGE deal back in the day. Massive, massive deal. That anyone wouldn't know that as absolute fact boggles my mind.

I'm not that young, I was just only into wrestling for about 2 years (1999-2000).

As soon as I read the Eras thing, my mind immediately jumped to Foley winning the title. I was on the phone with my future wife, sitting in my garage apartment, flipping between the two shows. Tony said that Foley was going to win the title and I flipped to the Fed and never flipped back. That is one of the few wrestling events I will never forget.

The new era feature will be really useful for organic mods and it'll also help a lot for mods like Bobinc's mod which features only women (it was the only thing missing to play this mod in longer games correctly).

I really can't wait to try it.

I think Era's has the potential to make DOTT, 75 and 97 C Verse's absolutely awesome.

Again though it seems like a lot of these editions are great but won't pertain too much to the default data.

The other problem is those that want to do historical mods I just see this much like trends being a great addition but it seems like if you do these things wrong they can screw up an entire mod.

Great additions as long as people don't get too narrow when describing these eras and trends. You have to keep in mind not only the current time but the future as well. It'll be great to map out historical mods if used correnctly.

Great add excited to see guys like Derek, Mr. T and Boon (hopefully) use this to make their mods even better.

Unless, of course, '97 and/or '75 are secretly going to be made canon and a part of the default database.

So instead of loading different mods you'd just say "i'm going to start in 1975" and be able to play through :D

I know, it's a dream....

Anyway, I concur. A lot of work so far has been put into what I percieve as a way to make historical mods much more fun. Being able to fine tune hiring, eras, events, national trends...

This is all leading up to something. My gut is saying NWA but I'll wait back and see.

Unless, of course, '97 and/or '75 are secretly going to be made canon and a part of the default database.

So instead of loading different mods you'd just say "i'm going to start in 1975" and be able to play through :D

I know, it's a dream....

THIS IS THE DREAM !!!

Id mark harder for them historical mods been default canon than i would for Austin showing up on iMPACT! ... i kid you not.

I was wondering, does the game itself create eras or are can they only be done from the editor before the start of a game?

Almost certain that it can only be done through the editor (So no, the game does not create eras). I think this because of the way he mentioned what would happen if there are no eras.

Archived