TEW2010 Developer's Journal Discussion

I myself had this weird, wild feeling that something like this would be announced today. Even as I was watching the ball drop on the new year, (and wondering what would happen if it bounced), I just had that feeling...

Now all I have to do is come up with the money. Can't wait to get started editing. Been itching for that for a while.

:)

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
#4: National Trends

I have a question: do the "Fan Types" setting of Venues exist or matter anymore now with the introduction of the National Trends? If I set "Comedy" to be very popular in the US, does it mean I can't have certain areas and regions where southern rassling still draws crowds? If, not the feature should be changed to "Regional Trends" in my eyes. Back in the 80s and early 90s, Comedy and cartoony characters drew in New York, but old school traditional rassling was white hot in the southern regions and the mid-atlantic area and drew huge crowds.

Am I misunderstanding the feature?

Now that we know the release date, important questions need to be asked. derek_b, how's 1997 coming along? :)

It'll be a while after release date before it's out, but it's still doing rather nicely. You'll definitely have some time to play what I'm sure will be an awesome Cornellverse before you get to go historic on it again. :)

I have a question: do the "Fan Types" setting of Venues exist or matter anymore now with the introduction of the National Trends? If I set "Comedy" to be very popular in the US, does it mean I can't have certain areas and regions where southern rassling still draws crowds? If, not the feature should be changed to "Regional Trends" in my eyes. Back in the 80s and early 90s, Comedy and cartoony characters drew in New York, but old school traditional rassling was white hot in the southern regions and the mid-atlantic area and drew huge crowds.

Am I misunderstanding the feature?

You're misunderstanding the feature. It's not zero sum. Just because a trend is sweeping the nation, doesn't mean everything else suffers as a result.

Wow, that's sooner than I expected.

Just after I return to work and just before I start exams, so I don't think I'll buy it straight away, but I suspect I will get it at some point.

Just on the last feature to be announced, I hope there's some sort of mutual release for unhappy workers. It would be frustrating if you had an unhappy worker upsetting your locker room, and had to pay them out to get rid of them.

Wow! I didn't really expect TEW10 to be released so soon. I was at least expecting to reach a whole year with my '91 WWF game before it came out. I'll look into the editor and see how easy it would be to convert the '91 game and start over with it from '08 to '10. Awesome news though.

Whoah, so soon! Now I really wish I hadn't have signed on for summer school dammit

Still, if I play my cards right I may get a couple of weeks in before everything hits the fan with a new semester.

Not many more days for features to be announced though.. I can only cross my fingers that at least one of the remaining "OMG" features that Remienan alludes to is one of the major ones on my wish-list :)

Archived