Some questions about the Xbox 360...

wrestlingfan1

1) I have a question for those 360 owners here, I've read that you can take music off of your pc, put it on a disc and then put that music onto your 360. I tried that but to no avail. I want to take some of the entrance music for old school wrestlers (I've had on my pc since RAW came out for the original Xbox) so i can create them and have them be as accurate as possible. I made one cd already and it played with no problem but the " rip cd" option wasn't even selectable.

2) Can I access live through a wireless adapter I one that plugs into any USB port?

1) I have a question for those 360 owners here, I've read that you can take music off of your pc, put it on a disc and then put that music onto your 360. I tried that but to no avail. I want to take some of the entrance music for old school wrestlers (I've had on my pc since RAW came out for the original Xbox) so i can create them and have them be as accurate as possible. I made one cd already and it played with no problem but the " rip cd" option wasn't even selectable.

2) Can I access live through a wireless adapter I one that plugs into any USB port?

1. If you got live set up on a network sharing everything... you can do this without the CD even... The key is to make each song an individual playlist.

2. No clue.

The best thing about 360 is if you have a portable usb drive or memory stick you can plug it into the usb ports on the 360 and watch movies and listen to music from it. It plays mp4, wmv and avi video files. It's great cause if you dl a video or movie you don't have to burn it to a disc to watch it on your tv.

It doesn't have to be an official xbox wifi adapter at all. There are many adapters you can use to get wifi.

You should be able to just stick the cd and rip it. Does the CD work? Like when you put it in the 360 does it start playing music?

If so then the option to copy it should be close by. I just did the other day for NHL 10, I wanted the music that plays after away goals at Dallas Stars games and it worked fine.

I've only ever been able to rip actual factual official bought-in-stores music CD's. Any bootlegs I ripped were utterly unrippable by my X-Box. That's why my SvR09 CAW has a U2 track as his music.

... Please don't ask why I have a U2 CD.

1 > As above, it has to be on a "network" with your PC

2 > No, it HAS to be the official Xbox wi-fi adapter. OR what you could do, and gets around both questions, is connect your Xbox to your PC via ethernet, and use your PC's wireless

1. If you got live set up on a network sharing everything... you can do this without the CD even... The key is to make each song an individual playlist.

2. No clue.

1 > As above, it has to be on a "network" with your PC

2 > No, it HAS to be the official Xbox wi-fi adapter. OR what you could do, and gets around both questions, is connect your Xbox to your PC via ethernet, and use your PC's wireless

You can use CD's to put music onto an Xbox 360. I've done it. I have my stuff stream now, so I don't remember how. It's possible though. Google it!

Also, IDK if you're trying to use songs in a specific game, but in general, to play music, you don't need every song to be a playlist. I know NCAA requires songs to be their own playlist to use them in-game.

As for a network adapter so of thing, I recommend a wireless bridge. I currently have a cable going from my modem downstairs to a wired switch in my room that branches to my 360 and my computer. Before that, I had a wireless bridge. it needs it's own power, but it can be used for more than the 360. It connects to the 360, or whatever you use it for, via ethernet cable.

thanks for the replies, will any ethernet cable work or is there an " official Xbox ethernet cable"?

No, there might be ethernet cables hanging in the gaming section of the store, but any CAT-5/6 ethernet cable will do.

Also check the web for compatible Wifi cards, as my friend uses one that is not an "official" Xbox wifi card, but darn thing works fine. Keep in mind though that wired connection is preferable, as humming along at 100/1000Mbps is much preferable to 54Mbps via wifi, especially if you plan to use the media center option with Windows (allows you to view video/media via the Xbox stored on your PC). Great for sharing photos/videos when friends/family are over....

Good luck :D

I have wireless internet on my laptop if I plug an ethernet into my latptop and then into my x box can I run x box live that way?

Never tried it, but don't see why not. Should be a simple network configuration on your hard NIC. Might not be the best way to connect, especially if you need to move the laptop.... :rolleyes:

Also might need a crossover cable vs straight patch cable. I didn't read the article but here's a few starting links (via Google):

http://www.instructables.com/id/Use-your-laptop-as-an-XboxXbox-360-wireless-adap/

http://www.techsupportforum.com/gaming-forum/console-gaming-support/239702-can-xbox-360-connect-laptop-xbox-live.html

Archived