The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

11 hours ago, PaperMachete said:

dethrone Roman at Wrestlemania 40.

You want Roman to retain for HOW LONG!?  It's already the most stale storyline I've ever seen in wrestling and yet everyone here is still content to just let it drag out instead of doing literally anything else.  This is why I don't watch WWE anymore, I just check the results, see Roman has retained again for some ungodly reason, and complain online.  Turning Roman heel didn't fix anything, the problem was him being overpushed and this current run has seen it fit to push him even harder than he was ever pushed as a face.

I don't want to watch a product where Roman is the centre of the universe at the expense of every other wrestler on the roster.  I wanted to start watching again this year when they finally found a guy to win the belt off of him but that never happened.  Besides, saying that Cody will just win at WM40 is making a huge assumption that the WWE will even let an ex-AEW guy win their main belt.  The WWE I know would be petty enough to job him out again.

Edited by overthetop2

37 minutes ago, Jaysin said:

You're not even watching the product? Then stop complaining and move on with your life. 

I missed the part where I'm forced to do that.  I'm calling out the WWE on terrible booking because I'm still interested in wrestling and want them to offer something different that might actually sway me to come back.  Meanwhile I see the fanbase becoming increasingly unwilling to call out the product for long standing problems like not pushing new stars, boring heel stables that get dragged out over years (before the bloodline it was the authority), and part time champions with excessively long reigns.  If no-one else is bringing up these issues, I have to instead.

Improve the product and I'll stop "trolling" the thread.

2 minutes ago, overthetop2 said:

I missed the part where I'm forced to do that.  I'm calling out the WWE on terrible booking because I'm still interested in wrestling and want them to offer something different that might actually sway me to come back.  Meanwhile I see the fanbase becoming increasingly unwilling to call out the product for long standing problems like not pushing new stars, boring heel stables that get dragged out over years (before the bloodline it was the authority), and part time champions with excessively long reigns.  If no-one else is bringing up these issues, I have to instead.

Improve the product and I'll stop "trolling" the thread.

You're not watching the product. You're reading someone else's results and opinions. Roman is a top five merch seller and the Bloodline isn't far behind. You don't get to judge something you're ignorant of. And yes, you are ignorant of the current product. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Jaysin said:

And yes, you are ignorant of the current product. 

I don't care.  WWE should give me a reason to want to watch again, and "Roman destroys everyone for 3 years" is not that because I've seen that already when he was a face and even what I'm doing here is more entertaining than watching a rerun.

At that point this is just entitlement, man...there is MUCH to complain about WWE (and reasons to criticize pretty much any other current or past wrestling promotion) but no company has to cater to a specific person's taste. Companies have their own identity/product and whoever likes them or hates them can pretty much immediately identify which side they'll be on based off of that. Believe it or not much like Jaysin pointed out WWE is doing just fine, great, even.

I assume you watch alternatives to WWE, correct? Please go enjoy them and make better usage of your time and energy as such. You will find it a much healthier endeavor than going ape over Roman Reigns. Seems like you need to accept WWE and their figurehead system (& heel stable dominance that's ALWAYS been a part of their identity since the 1980's) just isn't for you. 

Edited by Dawn

4 hours ago, overthetop2 said:

This is why I don't watch WWE anymore, I just check the results, see Roman has retained again for some ungodly reason, and complain online.  

I have no problem with you complaining about Roman being champion.

I do have a problem with you saying people are being buried, when you're not watching the product and have no idea if someone's being buried or not.

You were wrong about Cody being buried. You've defended your stance without acknowledging that you were wrong about that particular comment which you got called out on.

A simple "Yeah, I was wrong about Cody being buried, but I'm still not watching until Roman isn't champion any more" will perfectly suffice. Just try not to add moments about how stale the Bloodline storyline is when you're not actually watching it develop. Storylines are a lot different when you're watching to if you read a summary (go read a summary of your favourite TV show, and see how different that is to actually watching).

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, eayragt said:

A simple "Yeah, I was wrong about Cody being buried, but I'm still not watching until Roman isn't champion any more" will perfectly suffice.

You do not get to project your personal opinions onto my own.  I believe Cody was buried because if the plan actually was to develop his character for another year before winning, he should never have been hotshotted into the Wrestlemania program in the first place.  And once again that's assuming the WWE will even accept an ex-AEW guy as their top champion.

3 hours ago, overthetop2 said:

You do not get to project your personal opinions onto my own.  I believe Cody was buried because if the plan actually was to develop his character for another year before winning, he should never have been hotshotted into the Wrestlemania program in the first place.  And once again that's assuming the WWE will even accept an ex-AEW guy as their top champion.

Cody wasn't buried. He's their top face and a proven ratings and live event draw at a time when they're doing their best business in years. 

Jey hasn't been buried. He's a pretty good tag team wrestler who has been dragged into main event contention due to the heat of the very storyline you're insisting is so stale and boring, despite the fact it's still pulling in their biggest business in years.

WWE is not going to do something different just because you're very upset about it. The simple fact is wrestling fans in general are loving this story and that's being proved by the success they're seeing on the back of this booking you hate so much. If you don't like it, that's cool! Just stop watching! I don't endlessly cry and complain about Marvel movies just because I don't like them when the rest of the world disagrees with me, it's very weird behaviour.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, overthetop2 said:

You want Roman to retain for HOW LONG!?

This is why I don't watch WWE anymore, I just check the results, see Roman has retained again for some ungodly reason, and complain online. 

It's not about what I want, I have no say in the booking of WWE. It's reasonable to expect that Cody will finish his story at Wrestlemania 40, and finishing his story means winning the title off Roman most likely.

As for the second part of the quote, that sounds horrible. You have strong opinions about stuff you haven't even watched. But you do you. You're clearly in the wrong about people getting buried, so I'm gonna stop here because I don't think there's more to gain by discussing this.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, overthetop2 said:

Oh, okay. You don't know what being buried means, even though it's been explained to you. That explains a lot.

• Like 2

What happens when it's Seth Rollins challenging Roman Reigns at WrestleMania for the WWE World Universal Undisputed Global Championship whilst Cody tries to convince us all that fighting Damien Priest for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship is the real main event?

• Like 1

On 8/8/2023 at 10:30 AM, eayragt said:

Meanwhile Jey, essentially a charismatic tag wrestler, has had three world title shots. Also impressive. Doesn't sound like someone who's being buried at all. Even if he never wins a World Title he's been elevated.

You know, people said something similar after Cesaro faced Roman at Backlash. What happened? He got bounced down the card, even losing a handicap match where he was on the side with the numbers advantage.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Matt_Black said:

You know, people said something similar after Cesaro faced Roman at Backlash. What happened? He got bounced down the card, even losing a handicap match where he was on the side with the numbers advantage.

Jey's been up the card a lot longer than Cesaro ever was allowed to be in WWE. That is really not a fair comparison to make.