The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

TK will never learn man, he just unintentionally push Jinder Mahal to the moon lol someone take his phone away

And speaking about the maharaja, I personally enjoyed his two promos so far! Wouldn't mind seeing him consistently in the uppercard on Raw when there's a lot of white hot babyfaces and not so many heels atm

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Watching Raw finally and Truth is such a gem. His career has been such a roller coaster. It's a shame that it's unlikely he'll ever get a main event run in WWE at this point, but he's still amazingly entertaining. If I remember right, a wellness policy violation or injury derailed his only real main event push in WWE. His NWA title win felt so good back in the day and it would have been great seeing that on the biggest stage. 

• Like 3

A couple of thoughts, regardless of the fact that WWE is pretty entertaining atm ...

In the last month (month and a half?) both Charlotte Flair and Austin Theory injured themselves after botched ropes-related high-flying maneuvers that IMO could very well have been avoided. Some risks are not worth the reward.

Is it so necessary to spam suicide dives every show? Like 2-3 times every show lol and obviously the move itself loses value and meaning. I guess it is not possible to be a pro wrestler in 2023 if you don't do superkicks and suicide dives. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Wrestling Machine said:

A couple of thoughts, regardless of the fact that WWE is pretty entertaining atm ...

In the last month (month and a half?) both Charlotte Flair and Austin Theory injured themselves after botched ropes-related high-flying maneuvers that IMO could very well have been avoided. Some risks are not worth the reward.

Is it so necessary to spam suicide dives every show? Like 2-3 times every show lol and obviously the move itself loses value and meaning. I guess it is not possible to be a pro wrestler in 2023 if you don't do superkicks and suicide dives. 

Stevie Richards mentioned on his channel that the WWE ropes are ropes and not cables (unlike the AEW - and I want to say WCW ropes) so you don't get the same amount of resistance. I really wouldn't mind seeing the styles toned down and saving those types of moves for special moments. Imagine a PLE with 1 suicide dive, preferably higher up on the card.

• Like 2

On 1/15/2024 at 12:45 PM, Wrestling Machine said:

So apparently Rollins got injured last night - my guess is during his mutiple "ropes-related" dives. Let's hope is nothing too serious, but jeez. 

2 hours ago, Wrestling Machine said:

So apparently Rollins got injured last night - my guess is during his mutiple "ropes-related" dives. Let's hope is nothing too serious, but jeez. 

I think it was due to the springboard moonsault.

1 hour ago, Dawn said:

I think it was due to the springboard moonsault.

Yeah I can see that ... It sucks man, the Rumble PLE would be fine even if he's not going to compete, let's hope it's not something too serious that could compromise his Road to WrestleMania.

I wouldn't have minded the match even if he had spared himself that one-two springboard combo and sold his back injury more. It already sucks when wrestlers got injured, at least I think it would be wiser to avoid unnecessary risks on weekly shows. Like CQI said yesterday: use your best spots in special moments and take some more risk on important matches.

More emphasis needs to be placed on The personalities of wrestlers. If fans care about the person they can do a duplex and people will go ape shit. WWE has been doing well with this recently. On a related note I enjoye how they’ve been hyping the rumble. Feels 1992 ish to me with so many possible winners.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Wrestling Machine said:

mmm don't know about that lol it seemed to me like Rollins' classic match

To be fair, Rollins is ALMOST as immature as TK. He's a corporate boot licker who tows the company line no matter what. Trying to make Jinder look credible to stick it to TK is certainly in line with his projected personality. Immature is probably the wrong word to describe what I'm referring to, but it's the only one coming to mind. 

I like Rollins as a performer, but his out of character stuff drives me nuts.

On 1/18/2024 at 2:49 PM, The Blonde Bomber said:

Rollins as a character is awful too. His matches are usually well done. But everything else has been subpar. He works best as a Weasley heel to me.

Seth Rollins cuts promos with all the intensity of a guy named Chad complaining about his order at Starbucks.

As far as last night...

CM Punk: "I can separate business from personal...."

Me: *spit take*

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Mootinie said:

What was Cody on about when he said he picked up the torch that CM Punk dropped after leaving? 

How did he do that? By becoming Stardust, jobbing out to everybody and then asking for his release? 

I would assume by grabbing the brass ring and becoming the face of the company, doing the things Punk complained about (''I'm not on the collector cups, cover of the program, barely promoted, not on the poster of Mania, not on the signature etc) but that's me seeking the explanation rather than fact.

Edited by Dawn
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Dawn said:

I would assume by grabbing the brass ring and becoming the face of the company, doing the things Punk complained about (''I'm not on the collector cups, cover of the program, barely promoted, not on the poster of Mania, not on the signature etc) but that's me seeking the explanation rather than fact.

They put several people in that position on the card whilst Cody was off solving racism, slathering heat proof gel all over his back and trying to help make QT Marshall a thing. That torch had been passed around a lot of people before they finally handed it to Cody. And it wasn't really Punk's torch anyway, it was John Cena's and then it was Roman's.

I thought maybe he was referring towards the growth of alternative wrestling companies and the general pro-wrestling anti-WWE revolution in the mid 2010's. But, even then, that wasn't a revolution started by Punk. He re-signed with WWE after the pipe bomb and then laid down for Triple H, that's hardly the Che Guevara of wrestling haha. He then refused to wrestle anywhere else after walking out until he found a suitable bandwagon to jump on. What a revolutionary haha.

I thought it was a pretty crap promo all things considered. 

21 minutes ago, Mootinie said:

They put several people in that position on the card whilst Cody was off solving racism, slathering heat proof gel all over his back and trying to help make QT Marshall a thing. That torch had been passed around a lot of people before they finally handed it to Cody. And it wasn't really Punk's torch anyway, it was John Cena's and then it was Roman's.

I thought maybe he was referring towards the growth of alternative wrestling companies and the general pro-wrestling anti-WWE revolution in the mid 2010's. But, even then, that wasn't a revolution started by Punk. He re-signed with WWE after the pipe bomb and then laid down for Triple H, that's hardly the Che Guevara of wrestling haha. He then refused to wrestle anywhere else after walking out until he found a suitable bandwagon to jump on. What a revolutionary haha.

I thought it was a pretty crap promo all things considered. 

You mean he was fired for taking time off to recover from nagging injuries, as several wrestlers have been permitted to do before and since.  

• Like 1

I enjoyed the promos sorta. Felt they were bland overall but had some good lines and the tenacity overall got me excited for the two locking up in the rumble. Babyface on babyface promo battle can be a difficult line to walk cause it forces fans to choose. Unless you have two ungodly over forces like a Rock and Austin it should be avoided. Punk came off as a heel to me in this, trying to get at Cody while Cody came off stoic and bored until Punk being the American Dream came up. This also gave me flashbacks to Cody’s last AEW promo about the Pipe Bomb. 

4 hours ago, The Blonde Bomber said:

I enjoyed the promos sorta. Felt they were bland overall but had some good lines and the tenacity overall got me excited for the two locking up in the rumble. Babyface on babyface promo battle can be a difficult line to walk cause it forces fans to choose. Unless you have two ungodly over forces like a Rock and Austin it should be avoided. Punk came off as a heel to me in this, trying to get at Cody while Cody came off stoic and bored until Punk being the American Dream came up. This also gave me flashbacks to Cody’s last AEW promo about the Pipe Bomb. 

Punk is a natural heel, to me. Even some of his other promos since he’s been back have had some heelish moments. Will work out well for his eventual turn.