The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

5 minutes ago, Jaysin said:

I disagree. Should they create a new gimmick match just for women? Seems like that's more division than anything. 

I start from the assumption that having two identical special matches on the same show is itself illogical as a thing. The Rumble, the Elimination Chamber, and the MITB Ladder match are such unique annual events that they should not be "watered down" by a second identical match. It makes them lose their aura. Same thing with King and Queen of the Ring going on same time.

So yeah, they could create new gimmick matches for men or women, and leave others exclusive matches for men or women. Also, don't understand why men and women should have no division inside a wrestling company, when they obviously have different "specific weights" within the business and biological differences.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Wrestling Machine said:

I start from the assumption that having two identical special matches on the same show is itself illogical as a thing. The Rumble, the Elimination Chamber, and the MITB Ladder match are such unique annual events that they should not be "watered down" by a second identical match. It makes them lose their aura. Same thing with King and Queen of the Ring going on same time.

So yeah, they could create new gimmick matches for men or women, and leave others exclusive matches for men or women. Also, don't understand why men and women should have no division inside a wrestling company, when they obviously have different "specific weights" within the business and biological differences.

I didn't mean division in the pro wrestling sense, I meant division as driving a divide that's unneeded. Doing women's versions of the matches elevates women's wrestling in the company in my opinion. I don't think it's remotely watering down. Now if this was like when Raw and Smackdown EACH had their own MITB match at the ppv, that was overkill. There is still a long way for women's wrestling to go and I don't think it hurts the men or the women by having them have their own versions of the various accolades. Does it water down the World Heavyweight Title by having a Women's World title? No.

1 hour ago, Jaysin said:

I didn't mean division in the pro wrestling sense, I meant division as driving a divide that's unneeded. Doing women's versions of the matches elevates women's wrestling in the company in my opinion. I don't think it's remotely watering down. Now if this was like when Raw and Smackdown EACH had their own MITB match at the ppv, that was overkill. There is still a long way for women's wrestling to go and I don't think it hurts the men or the women by having them have their own versions of the various accolades. Does it water down the World Heavyweight Title by having a Women's World title? No.

It has been a fantastic move to have the women compete in the big attraction matches that were originally just for men. It has legitimized them... but it's been a few years now and I personally do find it boring to watch. Same match same spots. I'd love to see them experiment. Space things out (King of the Ring in Summer, Queen of the Ring in Winter. Elimination Chamber with men in odd numbered years, women in even numbered) and try to come up with some new gimmick matches to fill the gaps. Women have gone from nothing to sideshows to equal.... Now let's see them be trendsetters. Create some annual traditions of their own. Something that the men will someday be asking to have a turn at. 

• Like 4

I will agree on particularly MitB needing to alternate between years. With other match types at least the outcome isn't the same, while with MitB they end up with 2 briefcases they have to deal with.

Probably the big issue with alternating years or switching times in the year runs the risk of having one ignored. You can't easily have Elimination Chamber & Queen of the Ring as a PPV.

The right alternates for Money in the Bank and probably Elimination Chamber would be awesome. Survivor Series should be 1 classic, 1 War Games. Just to give something different.

No issue personally with King/Queen of the Ring and Royal Rumble as the tournament format is a solid excuse for matches, while the Rumble is pretty irreplaceable.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Jaysin said:

Does it water down the World Heavyweight Title by having a Women's World title? No.

If we want to have this "watered down" conversation to translate into championship, imo the right questione should be:
Does it water down the Secondary Title by having another (or more) Secondary title(s)? I think yes.

13 hours ago, Jaysin said:

I don't think it hurts the men or the women by having them have their own versions of the various accolades

Agree! It doesn't hurt the competitors, it hurts the PLE and accolade itself. But again, just mho ;) 

Watching NXT Heatwave since I have the time for once and having a ball! I can't believe they still find a way to make Chase U work. It's such a cheeseball gimmick and they absolutely kill it. The sky is the limit for Duke Hudson. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dawn said:

It's nuts just how over Joe Hendry is right now.

I haven't watched a crowd get this excited in a long, long time. It's like I went through a time portal and was watching wrestling in the 80s. 

Hendry absolutely is a future world champion in WWE. He's electric in the way a Hogan or a Dusty was -- it's something that can't really be taught. 

The guy is absolutely money and we haven't even seen him bust out the guitar yet -- Hendry actually is a professional musician, something WWE really only has pretended to have. 

Imagine the reaction when Hendry channels his inner Rock and does an in-ring concert on RAW. The internet will implode from the pressure.

• Like 2

According to Record, Stephanie Vaquer is going to WWE. If true, a massive get for them. Selfishly glad she is going to the company I watch more out of the big two, but I also think WWE offers a higher ceiling for her at the moment.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, ColdBloodedSausageMaker said:

I haven't watched a crowd get this excited in a long, long time. It's like I went through a time portal and was watching wrestling in the 80s. 

Hendry absolutely is a future world champion in WWE. He's electric in the way a Hogan or a Dusty was -- it's something that can't really be taught. 

The guy is absolutely money and we haven't even seen him bust out the guitar yet -- Hendry actually is a professional musician, something WWE really only has pretended to have. 

Imagine the reaction when Hendry channels his inner Rock and does an in-ring concert on RAW. The internet will implode from the pressure.

Not the the roof wouldn’t blow off a big building, but the smaller crowd really helps the atmosphere.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wrestling Machine said:

Do y'all think we're heading to a three-way between Sami, Bron and Ilja at SummerSlam?
God I hope not, I saw enough WWE triple threat match recently lol

This would be the perfect opportunity to introduce the Iron Survivor to the main roster by adding Sheamus and Ludwig Kaiser to the mix.

• Like 2

Sigh. What now? It was clearly established that the Bloodline wants all the titles back, DIY will want retribution against them which will likely lead to Jacob Fatu and Tama Tonga feuding with them...DIY is on a winning streak outside of this ONE attack. Theory and Waller are going to breakup, Waller ran away and Theory has been suffering as a result for weeks now. Exactly who was buried here?

• Like 2

What DinoKea said. He took Theory by surprise from behind, and the other two fought but were exhausted. Those other two again, have been on a roll recently. I don't think you know what a burial means.

• Like 1

And he's Jacob Fatu ffs 😂 a modern day Umaga typa monster heel. How should they book him in a surprise post-match attack angle against Theory, Gargano and Ciampa? As if we were talking about Austin, Undertaker and Lesnar lol. I swear this is like Booking 101 level

Can't wait to finally see LA Knight winning a singles championship at SummerSlam, he's still soooo over with the crowd man. Also, let's hope Andrade goes over Melo next week.

Edited by Wrestling Machine
  • Like 4

I'm a big believer that people can take what they want out of wrestling, but despite that I think it's well established that there are some people on this forum who have no idea what the word "buried" means.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Fun little Raw. Maybe a bit too much Judgment Day focused for my taste, but I love how Liv vs. Rhea is being set up (eons better than any Bianca feud which keeps making me worried for that future feud between her and Rhea) and Carlito has suddenly become the funniest guy in wrestling so I'll give them a pass.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dawn said:

Fun little Raw. Maybe a bit too much Judgment Day focused for my taste, but I love how Liv vs. Rhea is being set up (eons better than any Bianca feud which keeps making me worried for that future feud between her and Rhea) and Carlito has suddenly become the funniest guy in wrestling so I'll give them a pass.

WWE's usage of R-Truth and Carlito this year has been perfect.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Wrestling Machine said:

Poor Gable went from being one step away from becoming the new Kurt Angle ECW Wrestling Machine, to a sort of comedy detective caricature in this Wyatt6 feud.

I originally thought The Bloodline story should have ended at WM39 and they gave it legs. This is one beat in a much longer story especially since he just re-signed.