The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

It's well thought out to an extent but Taker in that match, and the buildup, would be hugely out of place with the deadman gimmick. Bret and Vince each in one's corner in a title match could however work...maybe.

Yeah who knows. I didnt think much of HBK/UT the rematch because I highly doubt the result would be any different. Throwing this type of swerve on it makes it interesting IMO.

I liked RAW. The DX/JeriShow match was good and I really liked the last three minutes or so. I haven't seen much of this Kofi/Orton feud or whatever because I just haven't tuned in but I thought Orton had a lot of good dynamics around him even though I still don't like him much. But the continuity with McMahon and Orton being acknowledged and the tension with DiBiase, Rhodes, and Orton made me happy. Bourne getting mic against the World Champion and hitting his finishing move on him....never thought I'd say that sentence but it happened. Then just seeing Bret was awesome. I didn't think he was shoved down our throats, just on screen three times and only once with Michaels and Vince each. Nothing was rushed...I don't know, I really don't have any complaints about what I saw. WWE didn't change it's plans because the internet was guessing what was going to happen like we think what happened with Christian...I don't know. It's early, but it was good, and I'm gonna watch next week...and I guess that's all that matters.

I'm assuming that the WM match is going to be Shawn w. Vince against Undertaker w. Bret.

Vince can play games with Shawn to get him to agree - the only way he can face Undertaker, etc. He can then spend weeks making Michaels back into the 'old' HBK, only at the end for it to turn out that it was all an act - Michaels never turned back to the old him, and he's still at peace with Bret.

Taker makes sense for Bret - the only other veteran around from that time (bar Kane). Also someone he respects a lot.

And at the end I wouldn't mind seeing a gesture of respect/forgiveness/whatever - no sharpshooter on Vince, just Bret extending the hand of friendship.

I'm assuming that the WM match is going to be Shawn w. Vince against Undertaker w. Bret.

Vince can play games with Shawn to get him to agree - the only way he can face Undertaker, etc. He can then spend weeks making Michaels back into the 'old' HBK, only at the end for it to turn out that it was all an act - Michaels never turned back to the old him, and he's still at peace with Bret.

Taker makes sense for Bret - the only other veteran around from that time (bar Kane). Also someone he respects a lot.

And at the end I wouldn't mind seeing a gesture of respect/forgiveness/whatever - no sharpshooter on Vince, just Bret extending the hand of friendship.

I could see this happening, if I remember at the time The Undertaker was one of the people who was a lockroom ally of Bret during the whole Montreal deal. So I think what you have said would make perfect sense.

I could see this happening, if I remember at the time The Undertaker was one of the people who was a lockroom ally of Bret during the whole Montreal deal. So I think what you have said would make perfect sense.

I've read reports that Undertaker was indirectly responsible for Vince taking a punch in the face from Bret. At Survivor Series he explained to Vince that the locker room was near the point of mutiny and that Vince should go confront Bret to try and make things right.

Yeah I don't see how Taker fits into that story. I think you guys are also writing off a Bret vs Vince match when it is pretty clear that is going to happen. If Steamboat could come back after his layoff and put on a good show, I'm not sure why Bret can't do a 10 minute street fight.

I think HBK is going to win the rumble in order to "make it happen himself" with regards to his match with The Undertaker. Probably by eliminating HHH or something to start a heel turn.

It very likely is heading towards Vince vs Bret. Which I would just honestly rather not see. I'm not convinced Hart back in the ring is a good thing, and I am tired of Vince wrestling.

I trust Bret Hart to know whether he will embarrass himself.

While I don't like Vince wrestling either, I think certain matches with him work. I think he had to fight Austin. I thought he and Hogan had to fight. I never understood why he and HBK fought personally and thought that was a dumb match to make.

Bret vs Vince is a match that makes total sense, and it will be one of the few matches that actually makes sense for Vince as well. He was obviously no real threat to Austin, but it was silly to book him as a threat to Hogan who was still an active wrestler at the time. Bret? Bret isn't an active wrestler and hasn't been in a decade. Vince can be booked as a real threat. That can be a match that is competitive.

Will it be good? Probably not. I trust Hart enough not to do it if it would be a trainwreck though.

Could they pull a swerve and have Edge return early like they did with Cena a few years back? That would be great. Three men remain, say Jericho, Big Show and HBK. Suddenly, Edge's music hits! The crowd go nuts. Big Show looks stunned. HBK gives Show some Sweet Chin Music and he falls out of the ring! Jericho looks even more stunned. Edge hits the ring and eliminates Jericho. Edge goes onto to eliminate HBK and win the Rumble. Sheamus is still champ and Edge decides he wants to fight him, making his jump to RAW!

Yeah, I can dream.

Could they pull a swerve and have Edge return early like they did with Cena a few years back? That would be great. Three men remain, say Jericho, Big Show and HBK. Suddenly, Edge's music hits! The crowd go nuts. Big Show looks stunned. HBK gives Show some Sweet Chin Music and he falls out of the ring! Jericho looks even more stunned. Edge hits the ring and eliminates Jericho. Edge goes onto to eliminate HBK and win the Rumble. Sheamus is still champ and Edge decides he wants to fight him, making his jump to RAW!

Yeah, I can dream.

Sheamus vs Edge? Meh.

My early guess for WM is:

HBK vs Undertaker (World Title)

Triple H vs Sheamus (World Title)

Jericho vs Edge (if Edge can't return, Big Show will take this spot)

Bret vs Vince

Cena vs The Rock (if they can't get The Rock to come back, I expect Cena to be involved in the Raw main event picture. Maybe even a four way with Orton/Trips/Cena/Sheamus)

I trust Bret Hart to know whether he will embarrass himself.

While I don't like Vince wrestling either, I think certain matches with him work. I think he had to fight Austin. I thought he and Hogan had to fight. I never understood why he and HBK fought personally and thought that was a dumb match to make.

Bret vs Vince is a match that makes total sense, and it will be one of the few matches that actually makes sense for Vince as well. He was obviously no real threat to Austin, but it was silly to book him as a threat to Hogan who was still an active wrestler at the time. Bret? Bret isn't an active wrestler and hasn't been in a decade. Vince can be booked as a real threat. That can be a match that is competitive.

Will it be good? Probably not. I trust Hart enough not to do it if it would be a trainwreck though.

I agree about Hart knowing whether or not he can actually go. Its not that aspect to much as that idea that if this is going to be Hart's final match, I would prefer to see him against a real opponent of quality, who can carry him if necessary and has a real possibility of being a very good match. The feud between Vince and Hart basically writes itself and I'm sure there would be a ton of heat for the match. I just don't see the match as being great. Then again, sometimes emotion is enough to make a match memorable...

I agree about Hart knowing whether or not he can actually go. Its not that aspect to much as that idea that if this is going to be Hart's final match, I would prefer to see him against a real opponent of quality, who can carry him if necessary and has a real possibility of being a very good match. The feud between Vince and Hart basically writes itself and I'm sure there would be a ton of heat for the match. I just don't see the match as being great. Then again, sometimes emotion is enough to make a match memorable...

Well we all wish Bret could come back and give us a farewell match that was epic, or hell, even HBK vs Flair. The problem is Bret is probably very limited in what he can do in the ring.

I may be in the minority here, but Roddy Piper's legacy is not tainted for me because of the terrible matches he's had over the past decade or so. No matter what happens between Bret and Vince, I won't remember Bret as an old man who beat up Vince, I'll remember him as a guy who tore down the house nightly with his great technical masterpieces.

Well we all wish Bret could come back and give us a farewell match that was epic, or hell, even HBK vs Flair. The problem is Bret is probably very limited in what he can do in the ring.

I may be in the minority here, but Roddy Piper's legacy is not tainted for me because of the terrible matches he's had over the past decade or so. No matter what happens between Bret and Vince, I won't remember Bret as an old man who beat up Vince, I'll remember him as a guy who tore down the house nightly with his great technical masterpieces.

No, I don't think it takes away from a wrestler's legacy. Very few wrestlers get to have the kind of final match that Flair did. Its a rarity, I think. But when that opportunity is there for that one last great match, I would like to see it happen.

Yeah I don't see how Taker fits into that story. I think you guys are also writing off a Bret vs Vince match when it is pretty clear that is going to happen. If Steamboat could come back after his layoff and put on a good show, I'm not sure why Bret can't do a 10 minute street fight.

I think HBK is going to win the rumble in order to "make it happen himself" with regards to his match with The Undertaker. Probably by eliminating HHH or something to start a heel turn.

I thought Vince declared 2-3 months ago that he was done wrestling. I cant see the Hitman wrestling again either the more I think about it. It would just take away from how people remember him. One of the top performers to ever step in the ring trying to come back after 10 years and a stroke could only leave himself a shadow of his former self.

I thought Vince declared 2-3 months ago that he was done wrestling. I cant see the Hitman wrestling again either the more I think about it. It would just take away from how people remember him. One of the top performers to ever step in the ring trying to come back after 10 years and a stroke could only leave himself a shadow of his former self.

By all accounts, Bret has contemplated returning to the E now at least one other time that would have involved him wrestling. And while Vince has said he's done wrestling, I just don't buy it.

It's obviously not guaranteed that the match will happen, but I see no reason to think it won't. And why would it take away from his legacy? People say this all the time about legendary figures in wrestling or sports, but the truth is it never does. Roddy Piper's legacy is in tact. Flair's legacy is in tact. Michael Jordan's legacy? In tact. Hogan's legacy? In tact. The only way he could really hurt his legacy is if he came back and continually embarrassed himself for a long period of time.

By all accounts, Bret has contemplated returning to the E now at least one other time that would have involved him wrestling. And while Vince has said he's done wrestling, I just don't buy it.

It's obviously not guaranteed that the match will happen, but I see no reason to think it won't. And why would it take away from his legacy? People say this all the time about legendary figures in wrestling or sports, but the truth is it never does. Roddy Piper's legacy is in tact. Flair's legacy is in tact. Michael Jordan's legacy? In tact. Hogan's legacy? In tact. The only way he could really hurt his legacy is if he came back and continually embarrassed himself for a long period of time.

He went out in his prime. I guess I dont understand why he'd wrestle another match. Let people remember you for the great performer you were not the final match which will likely be a huge disappointment. And yes I do feel it hurt Jordans legacy when he came back with the Wizards.

Piper and Hogan were brawlers so their wrestling was not a whole lot different into their late career.

Flair was still able to perform well and his skills slowly got worse. Its not like Flair retired after the Steamboat matches in 1989 and then came back for a match against Mick Foley(which was terrible) in 2005 and called it a career.

I think it depends on the person. if you expect a physical match, then you are going to get disappointed.

However, Ricky Steamboat came back, and he actually didn't have much ring or physical rust as I thought he would. That said, if there was one guy I could think that would probably keep himself in shape, and/or used little to no steroids and/or pain killers, it would be Ricky Steamboat. His "Peformance" skills were still high, and I wasn't surprised if he was a bit "gassed", considering he was in his late 40's or early 50's.

Has there been any talk of a HHH/Vince vs. Michaels/Hart match at WM? I wouldn't mind seeing Michaels stand up to Vince and side with Bret while HHH heel turns with Vince saying what he did was right for business and all that. Even if it's HHH vs. Michaels with Vince and Bret in opposite corners I'd be interested. I don't keep up much...but I think I'm missing why Michaels has to fight Taker again and HHH needs to get mixed up with Sheamus and the title which I see predicted a bunch.