The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

The problem with Husky Harris... is well, it's that, in today's environment, and especially in the WWE, a guy like Dusty Rhode won't be able to get over because he's "fat".

However, watching over Dusty Rhodes matches, he was never in the most shape, but he certainly had good stamina despite how he looked, and was more athletic (though not the most athletic) than people give him credit for.

Husky Harris? That's the problem with him. He LOOKS terrible, even if he's not. It's hard to get him over when his name is HUSKY HARRIS. Talk about bad dog-whistling when calling him Husky Harris, not to mention the name is terrible.

Why can't they think up of awesome fake names like Ricky Steamboat or Evan Bourne? *sigh*

Husky Harris? That's the problem with him. He LOOKS terrible, even if he's not. It's hard to get him over when his name is HUSKY HARRIS. Talk about bad dog-whistling when calling him Husky Harris, not to mention the name is terrible.

True the name freaking sucks and he's fat. Fact is though, just because WWE doesn't know how to get people from outside the mould to get over doesn't mean we as fans have to ignore the obvious potential. Husky Harris can freaking go, he's every fat jerk school bully who wants to steal your lunch money so he can eat two lunches and be even fatter and meaner when he threatens you tomorrow. I'd take that over generic ****y guy #289 any day.

Plus, since WWE spent like a decade trying to get another fat guy, Mark Henry, over ... the least they can do is let Husky Harris use a better name and beat the crud out of a dozen or so plucky prettyboy whitemeat jobbers until people buy into what he is.

I think this NXT class of names shows that WWE is committed to going PG. These are names that will sell to kids.

You make a good point. I got that impression when their merch started filtering out. Kinda makes it easy to sell to the kiddies when you have the face of one of the prettiest/most attractive line of dogs on the planet front and center (the husky, for those not up on it).

Showtime, the Cottonwood is a tree and McGillicutty is funny, I suppose.

The rules of the Money In The Bank ladder match is the 1st person to climb the ladder and retrieve the briefcase is the winner and gets the title shot, right? What is to stop someone else from running in from the back and going after the title? I think that would make for something interesting and new for the new pay-per-view.

The rules of the Money In The Bank ladder match is the 1st person to climb the ladder and retrieve the briefcase is the winner and gets the title shot, right? What is to stop someone else from running in from the back and going after the title? I think that would make for something interesting and new for the new pay-per-view.

That would actually be Russo-riffic. It would be new, sure, but I think the point of the matches is to promote and push the people involved in the matches. Besides, who would run in and actually be a plausible choice to do that? All the people who might be options are already booked.....or are having visa problems. It shouldn't take three weeks to get a new visa though so I guess Barrett or McIntyre could be possibilities.

That would actually be Russo-riffic. It would be new, sure, but I think the point of the matches is to promote and push the people involved in the matches. Besides, who would run in and actually be a plausible choice to do that? All the people who might be options are already booked.....or are having visa problems. It shouldn't take three weeks to get a new visa though so I guess Barrett or McIntyre could be possibilities.

I can understand where you're coming from but what you mention there could definitely be interesting. I would love to see Wade Barrett and The Nexus come out toward the end of the match and just destroy the combatants that are still standing. Then have Wade Barrett take the briefcase down and hold it up surrounded by The Nexus. I think that would be a great way to further the angle.

I can understand where you're coming from but what you mention there could definitely be interesting. I would love to see Wade Barrett and The Nexus come out toward the end of the match and just destroy the combatants that are still standing. Then have Wade Barrett take the briefcase down and hold it up surrounded by The Nexus. I think that would be a great way to further the angle.

That would be a MIND BLOWING end to the PPV. If its the ladder match is the main event that is!

Now if this doesn't happen, the PPV is gonna be a letdown :p

Yes by the new GM so It really wouldnt make sense for them to do that with him.

I did not know that. I kinda zoned out due to an overdose of Michael Cole (who is like arsenic to me) and the abuse of the iPhone text message sound to denote incoming email messages every couple minutes.

Yer he does but he loses his title shot to Cena but then cashes the briefcase in on Rey for the World Title.

To do that, they'd have to interfere in the Smackdown MITB. Which if WWE is smart, they'll keep Nexus off Smackdown so that they can keep Nexus on the live show.

exactly

PG means keep it simple, no?

those just dont seem very marketable to me

Nothing ever seems marketable to you in the beginning. There's an uproar every time a former TNA/indy superstar is signed because they get given some Joe Blow American name that could pass as an accountant's name. But further in time, they build up the name. And then you forget about it.

Just like Evan Bourne and Jack Swagger, if McGillicutty manages to stay in the game, his name might catch on some way or another. He might be permanently dubbed "McGee" down the line with some city slick gimmick or something.

why not?

he can use the NXT title shot and get an instant DQ, Nexus beatdown. Use the MITB title and shot Win

it's rather smart when you think about it

Or what's saying it must be Wade Barrett that grabs the briefcase? How about Nexus runs down, destroys everyone in sight, after a short pause they send Justin Gabriel up the ladder to get the case. Then either after Sheamus/Cena (which will likely close the show) or next month either Barrett or Gabriel comes down cashes their shot in...Nexus beat down....DQ....the other cashes in as Nexus clears out and boom new champion.

Nothing ever seems marketable to you in the beginning. There's an uproar every time a former TNA/indy superstar is signed because they get given some Joe Blow American name that could pass as an accountant's name. But further in time, they build up the name. And then you forget about it.

Just like Evan Bourne and Jack Swagger, if McGillicutty manages to stay in the game, his name might catch on some way or another. He might be permanently dubbed "McGee" down the line with some city slick gimmick or something.

Bourne and Swagger are actually good though. Bourne took getting used to, but it wasn't that bad

but in the end, a name is what you make it