The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

I think they were cheering the potential of an unexpected title change more so than cheering Miz.

Honestly, I thought that went without saying. There is no reason the crowd would actually get behind Miz for real, unless they hate Sheamus more. But it was definitely the possibility of a title change that had the crowd on the edge of their seat.

So Edge's heel run lasted what 3 months? Judging by who's on Cena's team it looks like the Nexus is going to be getting the win at Summer Slam. But you never know.

If that's true then Jericho must be a face now too, huh? Pretty sure those heels will continue to be heels, but all the WWE guys realize they need to get rid of these punks once and for all. And the only way to do that is to unite - even if they hate each other. Seeing Edge and Cena side-by-side blew my mind though. They had so many matches tearing each other apart. It really set the tone for what they're trying to do.

Yeah, it's similar to Alliance storyline when WWE heels at the time became faces really because they had to join forces to take on the Alliance. Once the story ended it was back to hating on the heels. At least this time Nexus seems to be easier on the stomach than Alliance, and not nearly as annoying as the other 'big heel stable' that was Spirit Squad.

Yeah, it's similar to Alliance storyline when WWE heels at the time became faces really because they had to join forces to take on the Alliance. Once the story ended it was back to hating on the heels. At least this time Nexus seems to be easier on the stomach than Alliance, and not nearly as annoying as the other 'big heel stable' that was Spirit Squad.

I don't think Nexus is like the Spirit Squad at all. I've seen a few others make the comparison (you didn't though) and I don't really understand it. The only person in the spirit squad who (I thought) had any talent was Kenny, but I'm pretty sure he was an arrogant prick backstage. I think Nexus is packed full of potential talent that could go anywhere. When I look at Nexus I see a bunch of guys who could potentially be in PPV matches. When I saw Spirit Squad I saw a bunch of glorified jobbers.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Hive" data-cite="Hive" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>They'll probably to do a "Bash of the Beach 1996" with Triple H instead of Hogan.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Cena turns on his team joing nxtus thats why he picked up the arm band at the end of MITB. I'm calling it:)</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="MasterJ" data-cite="MasterJ" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Cena turns on his team joing nxtus thats why he picked up the arm band at the end of MITB. I'm calling it:)</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> But why not just have him join them at last RAW? It really makes no storyline sense to have him bother gathering a team to betray first. I really can't see in any way how it would fit Cena's character to do so, either.</p><p> </p><p> Besides, the storyline needs to have revealed some kind of mastermind behind it all. And that cannot logically be Cena, since he kept being a target of theirs.</p>

Well... Cena is one of the few guys these days that wears Armbands (I'm pretty sure Bourne does too?). Maybe it'll be like the classic "I'll take off my regular shirt to reveal this other shirt" (see: Tyson vs DX, Big Show joins ECW). Cena will peel off one of his CeNation armbands to reveal the N!

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Moe Hunter" data-cite="Moe Hunter" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Well... Cena is one of the few guys these days that wears Armbands (I'm pretty sure Bourne does too?). Maybe it'll be like the classic "I'll take off my regular shirt to reveal this other shirt" (see: Tyson vs DX, Big Show joins ECW). Cena will peel off one of his CeNation armbands to reveal the N!</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yeah, a guy in the diaries forum did this as his opener lately, turned the armband inside out to reveal the treacherous colours, really nice touch.</p><p> </p><p> It would be a good moment, but I dunno...guess I'm just waiting to see where it all goes long-term. And waiting for Daniel Bryan.</p><p> </p><p> Just checked if bragging rights is scheduled for this year on the basis that they surely wouldn't do a 7 vs. 7 on a different show, but apparently it's in October so guess they had to do this now. Still, the post-SS ppv outlook is typically bleak...</p>

<span style="font-family:Tahoma;">I just don't see them turning John Cena heel for this scenario in the slightest. There really would be no gain, and if anything, it would hurt Cena's brand; something the WWE doesn't want for business. To me, Cena is much like Hogan before his nWo run: A guy who always wrestles as a babyface. </span>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Eisen-verse" data-cite="Eisen-verse" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><span style="font-family:Tahoma;">I just don't see them turning John Cena heel for this scenario in the slightest. There really would be no gain, and if anything, it would hurt Cena's brand; something the WWE doesn't want for business. To me, Cena is much like Hogan before his nWo run: A guy who always wrestles as a babyface. </span></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I don't necessarily think Cena is going to turn, but if you take your Hogan comparison, then Cena would be the PERFECT guy to turn.</p><p> </p><p> Uber face who's character may no longer be as popular as he once was. A turn would be relatively unexpected. And if a Cena turn was even a tenth as successful as Hogan joining the nWo, then the WWE would make waaaaay more money turning him.</p><p> </p><p> But as has been mentioned, it doesn't make storyline sense. Cena's brand is still really strong. They will probably tease a turn, and then reveal Trips or something.</p>

<p>I was about to make a post saying I would prefer it if Trips was nowhere near this, how I'd like him to come back and get some revenge on Sheamus...but then I actually thought about it. </p><p> </p><p>

Trips can't have long left in him in the ring, and leading this group might be his best shot at putting newer guys over, both on team NXT and on the opposing side looking to fight back. There'd be a lot of logic behind it; he's been out injured, an injury inflicted by a much younger guy, he's realised what needs to be done. The attacks on other main event figures, the beatdowns on authorities...especially Vince. Vince, too, is winding down his days as an on-screen figure, and I've always thought they'd have to do some kind of conflict between him and Trips for him to bow out.</p><p> </p><p>

With Orton's turn, WWE has its two top babyfaces cemented in their positions, and on the heel side you've got Edge and Jericho but they can easily drop down the card moreso than Trips. This would actually make HHH vs. Cena a relevant match again, which is something that has to appeal to them.</p>

<p>KANE!!</p><p> </p><p>

BUH GAWD FINALLY!</p><p> </p><p>

So so awesome. Kane is the most deserving guy on the roster to carry World championship and for years I said over and over again how he should be the champ at some point in his long career.. So freaking awesome I can't describe it. Finally!</p>

But why not just have him join them at last RAW? It really makes no storyline sense to have him bother gathering a team to betray first. I really can't see in any way how it would fit Cena's character to do so, either.

Besides, the storyline needs to have revealed some kind of mastermind behind it all. And that cannot logically be Cena, since he kept being a target of theirs.

Yeah it does. The point of the Nexus is too destroy the established hierarchy of the WWE. If Cena were to join, I'd assume that would be his goal too. What better way to do it than lead a bunch of those guys into a match then turn on them.

Its hard to believe its been over 4 years since Trips was a heel. He turned face in 06 I think it was to do the DX thing and hasn't been heel since I don't think.

Yep, he started his fued with Vince right after WM 22. Been a face ever since. Personally, I'm ready for him to be a heel again. DX is gone, so they're not going to have the comedy angles they provided, and I just don't think he's an effective face without that. IMO, he's a much better heel. Plus Raw has Cena and Orton already. Cena and Triple H still haven't had a full fledged, drawn out fued(just two one-off matches) and I think that could be a great one.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="TheEdgeOfReason" data-cite="TheEdgeOfReason" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Me too. He's an extremely repetitive heel imo.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Repetitive? Well, I could understand 'drawn out', but it should be admitted Trips went to good lengths to keep his heel heat alive during his run by going in different directions. Many of the angles he was involved in induced genuine heel material. Simple problem was that while his run was good, indeed, we had enough and a change was needed. Fans wanted so much to cheer him but they never really could either. Then, DX happened and...</p><p> </p><p> let's face it, he hasn't done wonders as a face. Only times he's been remotely interesting is when he entered Comeback God Mode and returned to hand a walloping to Orton with his Zeus sledgehammer. He is a much much better heel and I think it'd be cool if he came back to his roots.</p><p> </p><p> The only thing here is should he return heel, he should stay astray from the 2003-04 formula(and he probably would); being the center of attention #1 heel that represents the apex of the brand itself. Because Triple H knows how it's time for the other heels to shine. Miz and Sheamus most namely.</p>

<p>How is team Cena really a threat to such a dominant group as Nexus? Edge and Jericho are going to turn on each other obviously, no one has ever taken The Great Khali seriously in any role, The Miz just recently put R-Truth out of action on his own so what can Nexus do to him, John Morrison is never going to be as big as they think he is, Bret Hart hasn't been an active competitor in over a decade.</p><p> </p><p>

The only way anything good will come from the match is if Jericho and Edge were to brawl with each other leaving team Cena down two, then Miz runs out attacking R-Truth leaving just Cena, Bret, Morrison, and Khali. Bret goes to tag out to Cena who jumps off the apron and Nexus jumps in the ring 7 on 3 against Bret, Khali, and Morrison with Cena yelling orders from ringside before coming in and putting Bret in the STF as the PPV goes off the air.</p>