The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

Hahaha I love Punk, but he lied!

He GTS'd Chavo into the Gulf of Mexico!

I think that was the joke. Didn't he also leave someone else in a river? The Mississippi perhaps? Non WWE era though.

"You're not funny and nobody likes you" lol:D

Best line of the night!

The show was ok, the ending being the best. Does this mean Slater is in line for a title shot now?

Nexus goes over clean!!

wow. That was pretty cool to see. Also, I marked out pretty hard with Justin Gabriel (my favorite of the group) defeated John Cena. I know this won't really lead to a great singles push (just by beating Cena in this way) BUT it was cool to see.

Yes. This made the night almost worth it for me. Not only the clean win for Nexus, but it was GREAT to see Gabriel with a clean pin on Cena off the 450. The WWE likes this guy, and so do I (no homo).

Thoughts on the night:

• Loved the Taker/Kane/Nexus segment.
  • Alberto Del Rio was OK. Not "OMG AMAZING!!!", but enjoyable.
  • CM Punk cut the funniest promo I've seen in a while. LOVED the Katie Vick/Captain Insane-O references.
  • Glad I chose the Diva segments as the time to get a bowl of cereal.
  • Happy to see a lack of guest hosts and constant recaps... been a long complaint of mine, and their continued abscence in recent months has been great
  • WHERE ARE THE MATCHES?! Seriously!? I only tuned in at the start of the triple threat tag team match, and, well... after that, the only other matches were the Diva match, (which lasted, by my count, about two minutes... and sucked...), the Bourne/Swagger bout that paid more attention to Del Rio than the in-ring action, and then the 5 on "5" main event. Old episodes of WWF Superstars of Wrestling lasted an hour and had more in-ring time than tonight's episode of RAW. I know, it's the WWE, but still... angles should be used to build-up matches, not the other way around.

Overall, a solid show. Far from amazing, but the main event was enjoyable, all angles with the Nexus were golden (particularly the Kane/Undertaker one), and CM Punk stole the show with his promo. Downsides? Matches weren't event treated equally with angles, the thought of Chris Jericho maybe leaving makes me sad. But hey, maybe he actually WILL win the title... would be awesome. Show gets a C+ from me. Passable, but far from what the WWE has the talent to pull off.

Nexus goes over clean!!

wow. That was pretty cool to see. Also, I marked out pretty hard with Justin Gabriel (my favorite of the group) defeated John Cena. I know this won't really lead to a great singles push (just by beating Cena in this way) BUT it was cool to see.

That was good to see, sadly any good it did for his career was killed when he was eliminated by Randy Orton mere seconds later. Nor does this Nexus victory really help them that much, since they went in there with a five on three advantage and were still nearly defeated. Barrett looks good but Nexus is still a paper tiger.

Also the supernatural shenanigans in the Undertaker beatdown really hurt it in my opinion. What should have been an awesome moment for Nexus instead made it seem like they were merely playing second fiddle to the Kane/Undertaker feud.

I would have thought that this being the 900th show, they would have made it better. It was cool to see Wade get the big win at the end of the show.

The thing that annoyed me about the show is it is not the longest running episodic show in the history of television. There are plenty of soap operas that have far more episodes. Also depending on what one considers an episode, RAW would not even come close to shows like Meet the Press and The Today Show.

Stuff like The Daily Show/Oprah/most soap operas are different, in the sense they're on MULTIPLE times in a single week.

Of course, WWE RAW, unlike nearly every other show that's on only once a week, has no break. It's once a week, every week, all year long. THAT is why it's so easy for them to hit 900... hell, just two years away from 1000! And it'll probably be a huge letdown.

That's just using semantics to give themselves accolades they haven't actually earned.

That is what I am saying as well.

Sayso what does Raw fall under? It is comparing itself to sitcoms and dramas and it is neither. And it is not a sport, so it is well...heck if I know.

Sayso what does Raw fall under? It is comparing itself to sitcoms and dramas and it is neither. And it is not a sport, so it is well...heck if I know.

I don't know what it falls under. It's comparing itself with someone like Monday Night Football, which has 17 shows a year. We could compare it to Nitro but TNT buried them to WWE. Weekly episodic is the term they use. You don't hear TV shows that appear weekly because they only last 6-10 seasons with 20 shows each season. How many shows like Monday Night Raw that exist anyway that doesn't have off season besides a preemption (Dog show, US Open, etc.)? iMPACT? Yeah but they are approaching Nitro count in a year or two. SmackDown has 500 shows i believe (52 x 10).

Its comparing itself to tv shows that debut a new tv show once a week. e.g. The Simpsons premieres a new episode every Sunday(I think?) and it is second I think in episodes. Soap Operas aren't the same as they do 3/4 new shows each week.

Its comparing itself to tv shows that debut a new tv show once a week. e.g. The Simpsons premieres a new episode every Sunday(I think?) and it is second I think in episodes. Soap Operas aren't the same as they do 3/4 new shows each week.

I still think the old JCP/NWA/WCW Saturday Night show had more episodes but that's just me. At least WWE was modest about it being their 900th episode though, :p.

Surprised they didn't pull out the ol' "we're more popular than Jesus" line or whatever it was that John Lennon said that stirred up so much controversy way back when.

:eek:

That was good to see, sadly any good it did for his career was killed when he was eliminated by Randy Orton mere seconds later.

I disagree with that point. Sure, he lost to Orton a few seconds later but that doesn't hinder his victory over Cena in the slightest. Orton's finisher is known for being an 'out of nowhere' kind of manuever. So, others have fallen in the same manner. The fact that he pinned Cena cleanly gives him a strong rub even if Orton does put him down seconds later. Just my thought though.

I disagree with that point. Sure, he lost to Orton a few seconds later but that doesn't hinder his victory over Cena in the slightest. Orton's finisher is known for being an 'out of nowhere' kind of manuever. So, others have fallen in the same manner. The fact that he pinned Cena cleanly gives him a strong rub even if Orton does put him down seconds later. Just my thought though.

I politely disagree. It should have been a big moment sure, since he beat Cena and all but getting eliminated a few seconds later kind of spoils that effect in my opinion. If he and Barrett had still been standing at the end of the match, that would've given him a much stronger rub. Then again, I haven't liked how this angle has been booked since Summerslam so it's quite possible I could be biased.

Just to time in on the longest weekly show running.

They are talking prime time TV as well, and they aren't counting shows that started with a time frame around noon or 2am at night. Things like Gunsmoke, Cosby Show, etc... These are the types of programs (has been prime time before going into syndication) they are talking about. I tend to think of Prime time as in between the early evening news, and late night news (here it's like 7pm to 11pm). Oprah, Phil Donahue, Dr. Phil etc. are not prime time shows (for example). They are afternoon shows that target a female audience.

Riley seems the most WWE-ish, even though I don't like him. Not sure why... think it's his face that's the problem, kind of like Cody Rhodes. Hmm.

I'd like Kaval to win, because I dislike Riley, and the way "McGillicutty" moves gives me memories of Gillberg for some reason.