The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

Sorry to disappoint you guys, it's not Sting. It's...

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/475/635/se7en0_display_image.jpg

Se7en

You almost gave me a heart attack with this one, I forgot that whole akward moment in WCW history (speaking of which TNA had their equally akward moment with some guy named titan or trytan or something like that. What ever hapened to that guy?). Especially when I realized that 2/21/11 breaks down to 2 2 1 1 1, the sum of which is 7 and he did where western boots if I recall correctly.

And why does everyone think Sting is washed up? His actual wrestling doesn't look that much different to me and I think the last 2 yrs have been among the best on the mic in his career. He's not in as good of shape, but he's 51 and has other priorities and it's not like he's in bad shape.

And if it is sting, do you think he, booker and deisel returning at the same time is part of a storyline?

also JR's blog shot down the idea of it being sting, so who knows, maybe it is 7. Or maybe Moredcai is back to end the streak as Taker's polar opposite.

No, Peter's right. IMO, you can't promise fans something without having Sting on TV. They won't know they'll see him just because his logo showed up on the ring. The scenario you laid out would be fantastic for any other PPV, but Wrestlemania is the exception. It's the one PPV the whole year where you can't rely on fans to decide to buy to see IF something happens. They have to know it WILL happen. Sting absolutely should not wrestle. But he needs to be on TV.

You can still make it clear, and pretty obvious, that Sting will show up without having him on TV. Heck, why not really rub it in TNA's face and redo the angle from when Sting returned in 2006; have the lights go off when Undertaker's talking and when they go back on, a black coat and black baseball bat are in the ring at Undertaker's feet. If Sting were to come in and the idea is to keep him off of TV and he first shows himself at Wrestlemania, there are tons of angles they can do where it's pretty damn obvious Sting will be there without him having to show up. Make the hints a little more obvious each week so it builds up that way.

Like I've already said, I can see the merit in having Sting show up before Wrestlemania, it's just not something I'd go with.

Of course, this is dependant on Sting signing (possible but gets less likely with each year) and Undertaker being physically up to working a singles match at Wrestlemania, which still might not be the case.

Speaking of Undertaker-related vignettes, does anyone else remember this one:

The only few Taker matches at Wrestlemania I want to see are:

Taker vs Sting (because its one of the only WWF/WCW fueds i wanted to see)

Taker vs Goldberg (mania streak vs one of the longest streaks)

Taker vs Cena (just because its one where you couldnt call it)

Taker vs Lesnar (they had some brutal matches but i want to see what they would do on the biggest stage of them all - would we see another SSP attempt).

Cant really think of any others, as far as breaking the streak im not sure i want it broken :(

You know, guys, if I hadn't seen all this talk about it before watching the promo on Youtube last night, I don't think I'd even be trying to guess who it was at all. I'd be totally lost as to what it was even about. All I could tell about the scene was the cabin and the storm. The only way I even saw the human figure was because I was conditioned to look for it from all this chatter. In a way, I consider this a botched segment. It was so rainy and whomever was so obscured it would have been easy to miss the point entirely.

You know, guys, if I hadn't seen all this talk about it before watching the promo on Youtube last night, I don't think I'd even be trying to guess who it was at all. I'd be totally lost as to what it was even about. All I could tell about the scene was the cabin and the storm. The only way I even saw the human figure was because I was conditioned to look for it from all this chatter. In a way, I consider this a botched segment. It was so rainy and whomever was so obscured it would have been easy to miss the point entirely.

The beauty about speculation is that we don't know what is to come - perhaps the point was that the segment was supposed to be totally ambiguous so that we all miss the point. We'll find out when we're supposed to find out!

The beauty about speculation is that we don't know what is to come - perhaps the point was that the segment was supposed to be totally ambiguous so that we all miss the point. We'll find out when we're supposed to find out!

Right..just like the 'SAVE_US" stuff..the specualation will play into the hype.

also JR's blog shot down the idea of it being sting, so who knows, maybe it is 7. Or maybe Moredcai is back to end the streak as Taker's polar opposite.

(cut for emphasis)

JR is almost certainly under an NDA, so if Sting had signed a contract he would not be able to take that into account in his blog—come to think of it, if he brought up the rumor that would probably be seen as disclosure as well—and to the best of my knowledge the fact that he's no longer under contract at TNA is essentially speculation.

Now, on the other hand, as a viewer, I can take both those rumors into account.

it will be hard for a Sting/Taker match to be better than Orton's with Taker.

WM21 was UTs best Mania match since x7 against HHH and it may be better than that one.

One of my all time favorite WM matches for sure

I would argue that the Undertaker's matches against Michaels, Edge and Batista were better than his mania encounter with Orton.