The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

Maybe mistake, for sure. But I'm not talking about Mistico. I'm talking about Lucha Libre. Fititng Sports Entertainment within Lucha Libre is not easy task, yes. But the reverse... isn't so true. Sports Entertainment is a pretty flexible product. If Vince can add "ECW" and "Attitude" into his squeaky clean "Sports Entertainment", he can certainly add some Lucha Libre into it... I argue that he already has, if not at a huge amount.

I think you're right that he could add some lucha stars to the product..probably even create a division on SD

But what parts of lucha do you think he's added? Out of curiosity...

So apparently Mistico's WWE name is going to be Sin Cara, which roughly translates into English as 'Faceless Heart'. If accurate, it would indicate he keeping a mask but we'll see.

Actually it translates into "Without Face" or "Faceless"

'Faceless Heart' would be Corazon Sin Cara

EDIT: you changed it. :p

I think you're right that he could add some lucha stars to the product..probably even create a division on SD

But what parts of lucha do you think he's added? Out of curiosity...

To easily explain think of it in TEW terms...

Key Feature: Mainstream

Heavy: Traditional, Comedy

Medium: None

Low: None

Very Low: Lucha Libre, Modern, Cult, Daredevil, Risque, Hardcore

None: Realism, Pure, Hyper-Realism

To explain that.. it's easy. Alberto Del Rio, and Rey Mysterio. Not much, just a teensy amount, but it's there. If you don't think Rey isn't an an attempt to appeal to the Lucha Libre market, even just a tiny bit...

To explain that.. it's easy. Alberto Del Rio, and Rey Mysterio. Not much, just a teensy amount, but it's there. If you don't think Rey isn't an an attempt to appeal to the Lucha Libre market, even just a tiny bit...

A Mexican guy in a mask is does not = lucha libre.

And Del Rio is nothing - NOTHING - like his Dos Caras persona

Lucha is about the in-ring style and the presentation, as well as the masks. I would say that Rey hasn't worked a true lucha style match since his WCW days.

If you're saying that Vince and the WWE would add more hispanic workers and stars from Mexico to appeal to hispanic viewers, then I agree.

But that doesn't mean he's adding (or has added) any aspects of lucha other than whatever similaritiesthe two styles may have in general.

A Mexican guy in a mask is does not = lucha libre.

And Del Rio is nothing - NOTHING - like his Dos Caras persona

Lucha is about the in-ring style and the presentation, as well as the masks. I would say that Rey hasn't worked a true lucha style match since his WCW days.

If you're saying that Vince and the WWE would add more hispanic workers and stars from Mexico to appeal to hispanic viewers, then I agree.

But that doesn't mean he's adding (or has added) any aspects of lucha other than whatever similaritiesthe two styles may have in general.

I repeat... just a TINY bit. Maybe not much, but he's adding it. He smells the money, and that's what matters to him.

:rolleyes:

I don't think it's the same think but I'm not going to pick nits.

For the record, I agree with Mr. Hilton. I really don't see any lucha influence in the WWE, Del Rio is pretty much working a regular US entertainment style, Rey hasn't been a lucha style worker in forever and the overall style, atmosphere, presentation etc of the WWE is pretty far removed from Lucha in my opinion.

For the record, I agree with Mr. Hilton. I really don't see any lucha influence in the WWE, Del Rio is pretty much working a regular US entertainment style, Rey hasn't been a lucha style worker in forever and the overall style, atmosphere, presentation etc of the WWE is pretty far removed from Lucha in my opinion.

I don't disagree with you either of you, you just happen to simply not agree with me.

Yeah... when was the last time they did this???

I believe it was Taka Michinoku, And the highlight of his run was a 6-minute Raw match with Triple H where people actually bought that he might win. Oh, and separating his shoulder off a bump in the Rumble earlier that year which they replayed multiple times that night and Lawler kept making fun of.

I believe it was Taka Michinoku, And the highlight of his run was a 6-minute Raw match with Triple H where people actually bought that he might win. Oh, and separating his shoulder off a bump in the Rumble earlier that year which they replayed multiple times that night and Lawler kept making fun of.

I'm talking just ANY wrestler with NO stop in the Developmentals... not necessarily foreign wrestlers.

http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/sincarajoinswwe

I hope that's his new mask and ring gear because it looks cool.

The hype is amazing on the WWE site. Absoulutely shocked its happening though. Hyping and accepting someones past is a big deal in the WWE, and I just hope it pays off.

Not sure about the name Sin Cara, but I guess it will grow on me. I remember hating Daniel Bryan & Evan Bourne :p

To be fair... that was hilarious.