The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

It was a New York paper. But yes, you're right. You've seen the truth the rest of us were too blind to see. They made up quotes from Sting and Brock Lesnar for the lamest April Fools joke of all time. Boy, they almost pulled it off until you came along.

So I mistakingly thought it was an April Fool's joke when it apparantly wasn't. I was wrong, I'll happily admit that. But there's really no reason to be a douchebag about it.

So I mistakingly thought it was an April Fool's joke when it apparantly wasn't. I was wrong, I'll happily admit that. But there's really no reason to be a douchebag about it.

Fantabulous is pretty much always opinionated and comes across that way.

It must grind Vince McMahon's gears when people call his company wrestling. LOL

Such a slap to the face of all those guys who paved the roads though. I wonder what guys like Funk, Lawler, Race, Flair, etc. think about the fact that Vince McMahon hates the word "wrestling" being associated with his company.

It must grind Vince McMahon's gears when people call his company wrestling. LOL

Such a slap to the face of all those guys who paved the roads though. I wonder what guys like Funk, Lawler, Race, Flair, etc. think about the fact that Vince McMahon hates the word "wrestling" being associated with his company.

Well in Vince's defense, when Ted Turner called him up and said he was gettin into the wrasslin business, Vince said "well that's good for you, I'm in the sports entertainment business".

I can't believe I just defended Vince :p

The name change doesn’t bother me at all. It seems kind of logical. As a company they are expanding from just wrestling to more general entertainment. It started with wrestlers writing books and staring in movies and is now shifting to them producing works (at least movies) under WWE Films that has no wrestler involvement. It would be like if a company existed that made just TV shows under the name General TV decided to start making movies too and changed it’s name to General Entertainment it just adds up. What will be interesting to see is if we end up with something like World Wrestling Entertainment a subdivision of WWE.

I think a lot of people don't realize this, but there's actually a reason the WWE has made all these changes to disassociate themselves from wrestling. And it's not just Vince doesn't want to be a wrestling promoter or anything like that.

The reason is the WWE doesn't want to be considered a sport. There are a lot of rules and regulations that apply to sports that don't apply to entertainment companies. It all started when the WWE was having issues with the Georgia Boxing Commission a couple years ago(shortly after the Benoit incident). The WWE realized they wouldn't have to deal with boxing commissions if they weren't a sport.

That's why they call their workers Superstars and Divas and not wrestlers. That's why they don't call their championships "belts" anymore. That's why they dropped the word Sports from Sports Entertainment. It makes their lives easier.

Here's the list of matches for this year's WrestleMania pay-per-view event. This is for those of you who enjoy making predictions for the results of the card.

Rey Mysterio vs. Cody Rhodes

United States Title Match: Sheamus defends vs. Daniel Bryan

The Corre (Wade Barrett, Ezekiel Jackson, Heath Slater and Justin Gabriel) vs. Big Show, Kane, Vladimir Kozlov and Santino Marella

Randy Orton vs. CM Punk

John Morrison, Trish Stratus and Snooki vs. Dolph Ziggler and Lay-Cool

Special Guest Referee: Steve Austin: Jerry Lawler vs. Michael Cole

World Heavyweight Title Match: Edge vs. Alberto Del Rio

No Holds Barred Match: The Undertaker vs. Triple H

WWE Title Match: The Miz vs. John Cena

Personally, I'll be back tomorrow with my picks before the show begins.

I think a lot of people don't realize this, but there's actually a reason the WWE has made all these changes to disassociate themselves from wrestling. And it's not just Vince doesn't want to be a wrestling promoter or anything like that.

The reason is the WWE doesn't want to be considered a sport. There are a lot of rules and regulations that apply to sports that don't apply to entertainment companies. It all started when the WWE was having issues with the Georgia Boxing Commission a couple years ago(shortly after the Benoit incident). The WWE realized they wouldn't have to deal with boxing commissions if they weren't a sport.

That's why they call their workers Superstars and Divas and not wrestlers. That's why they don't call their championships "belts" anymore. That's why they dropped the word Sports from Sports Entertainment. It makes their lives easier.

This sounds like a reasonable enough explanation but doesn't the entertainment industry itself come with it's own set of rules and regulations?

Also, does anyone remember when I think it was Raven was trying to take WWE to court over the status of it's wrestlers being deemed "contractors" rather than employees. Does anyone know what happened with that if anything? Because it all just seems like the further WWE tries to move away from being a wrestling company and legitimize themselves within the entertainment industry the more likely it is the way they deal with talent will have to change.

That would have been good reason.... in the 1980's. These days? Please. If the government wants to regulate them, they'll find a way. That's the bottomline. Moving away from wrestling to "Entertainment" doesn't really stop the law from forcibly recgonizing AS wrestling. Changing names, titles, and positions won't change that.

Besides, anyone that thinks pro-wrestling isn't scripted these days must be literally ignorant (without knowledge), naive (children), or just plain stupid.

Like I said earlier... that's good answer... in the 1980's. Not today. It wouldn't stop laws that apply to wrestling to apply to them if the government if they wanted to do so, and it doesn't really fool anyone except themselves.

This sounds like a reasonable enough explanation but doesn't the entertainment industry itself come with it's own set of rules and regulations?

Also, does anyone remember when I think it was Raven was trying to take WWE to court over the status of it's wrestlers being deemed "contractors" rather than employees. Does anyone know what happened with that if anything? Because it all just seems like the further WWE tries to move away from being a wrestling company and legitimize themselves within the entertainment industry the more likely it is the way they deal with talent will have to change.

From what I've heard, the case was dismissed due to the statute of limitations having run out. In other words, they waited too long to sue them...

They seem to be teasing that Kozlov may be replaced after he was attacked by The Corre at Axxess - one picture on their site shows a rather bad looking bruise on his shoulder. If that is indeed the case, I'm thinking it'll probably be Kofi they put in there.

From what I've heard, the case was dismissed due to the statute of limitations having run out. In other words, they waited too long to sue them...

They seem to be teasing that Kozlov may be replaced after he was attacked by The Corre at Axxess - one picture on their site shows a rather bad looking bruise on his shoulder. If that is indeed the case, I'm thinking it'll probably be Kofi they put in there.

It was dismissed back in Feb of 09 and from what most internet sources are saying Kofi will replace Kozlov.

One site had it being that leaving Kofi off the card was dumb due to the fact he is considered a bigger name in the company than Kozlov and had something to due with the Corre storyline.

Quick question which match do you really looking forward too besides Cena/Miz.?

For me it's Punk/Orton and Rhodes/Mysterio

I'm interested for Daniel Bryan on WM, Punk / Orton, Trips vs. Taker just for something crazy to happen, on til 4 over here, but I'm not in college tomorrow :D

I reckon Michaels will make an appearance, but not a decisive one. Maybe give Taker a Superkick to help HHH, then realise that the streak doesn't deserve to be killed like that and Superkick HHH as well, leaving both men down.

My most anticipated match is that and also Punk/Orton, just because they're two of my favourite guys on the roster right now.

The Corre (Wade Barrett, Ezekiel Jackson, Heath Slater and Justin Gabriel) vs. Big Show, Kane, Vladimir Kozlov and Santino Marella

Randy Orton vs. CM Punk- hey a guy can dream can't he?

No Holds Barred Match: The Undertaker vs. Triple H - HBK superkicks both

Randy Orton vs. CM Punk

United States Title Match: Sheamus vs. Daniel Bryan

Randy Orton vs. CM Punk

I reckon Michaels will make an appearance, but not a decisive one. Maybe give Taker a Superkick to help HHH, then realise that the streak doesn't deserve to be killed like that and Superkick HHH as well, leaving both men down.

By the same token, I also see Rock laying a Rock Bottom on both Cena and The Miz. (ofc I don't see both of the aforementioned scenarios happening on the same night)

I will be watching this on the big screen, at the movie theater. after experiencing the Rumble like that I can't wait to do it again. It's so fun being in a crowd of your own, having our own chants & reactions, room's gonna be packed.

United States Title Match: Sheamus vs. Daniel Bryan

Randy Orton vs. CM Punk

Randy Orton vs. CM Punk