The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

- Cena vs The Rock

- Punk vs Stone Cold Steve Austin

- Orton vs HHH

- Miz vs Undertaker

Why? Everybody here is already established. I would have had Punk on the fence before MITB, but that PPV established him as a top dog again. Miz could be an on the fence, but if he loses it doesn't help establish him. Orton has beat HHH before, this wouldn't do anything. Punk vs SCSA would be a dream match, but I feel it wouldn't meet expectations. Miz vs Undertaker I feel would be a good match but if Undertaker wins, whats the point? That being said, Miz winning would be the ultimate way for his character to stroke it's ego...but that's not happening. Cena vs Rock, I'd expect Cena to win, but beating someone 10 years past their wrestling prime when you're already the top draw doesn't really boost you.

Anyway, if we're all fantasy booking, I would love to see CM Punk stay away until the Rumble, and show up as a surprise entrant...and win before challenging John Cena who has somehow gotten the title back. Thus, somehow they can swing this in to John Cena vs. The Rock vs. CM Punk. It would tie in with Punk feeling like he is the best, and deserving to go to the Main Event of Wrestlemania, as well as letting him attempt to beat the top ass kissers, while still keeping the Cena/Rock feud alive as well.

We can all dream, right?

My fantasy booking/2 cents

Next week, they crown a new champ and HHH announces that since Cena can't have a rematch against Punk, he gets a shot at the title at Summerslam. A chance at redemption. If he loses, it's his last title shot this year and he'll have to work his way back up to the top, including losing his Main Event slot at WM. Cena loses and is now doing opening match duty on Raw. But this isn't pandering Super Cena, this is focused aggressive Cena, playing the underdog/me vs the world role he seems good at. He also changes his attire to something more "wrestler" to reflect his new nature and desire to be serious. No more 5 knuckle shuffle or you can't see me. Just Cena going out and blitzing the low ends of the Raw roster in sub 5 minute matches. Any interviews are him being focused on regaining the Main Event at WM and taking one more step up the ladder.He can still wear the shirts and hats. He gets to Royal Rumble and wins the Rumble. The Rumble stip being the winner can either challenge for the WWE/heavyweight title or face the Rock in the Main Event at WM. Cena makes it to WM and faces the Rock in the ME. The previous 9 months have rebuilt Cena as a focused individual who is driven to succeed. He can certainly take some losses during the time and use these "setbacks" as motivation.

Punk gets a few months off and uses social media to keep his name popping up with the title. Much like HBK/Razor, when he comes back, he's got a beef with whoever the WWE Champ is. If they could hold it off, a unification match at WM would be great.

The other thought I had would be a quadruple Main Event at WM

- Cena vs The Rock

- Punk vs Stone Cold Steve Austin

- Orton vs HHH

- Miz vs Undertaker

A true passing of the torch WM where the WWE Legends put over the next generation of talent (except for Undertaker who keeps his streak alive). All of them have fairly easy reasons for taking place. You then start building to Cena vs Punk II @ Summerslam as well as Orton vs Miz.

Thoughts? Too much long term thinking?

Not too much long term thinking, but maybe not thought out quite to perfection yet? Don't get me wrong, I like everything, except one part to be honest.

Cena has to go up against Rock, so adding that stipulation into the Rumble bassically tells everyone who will win the Rumble.

So Cena wins the belt another way (something else that must happen before Wrestlemania).

Punk on the other hand, I don't know yet... Seems to me the longer he stays away, the easier it will be to keep him as a Heel. However, if they bring him back sooner, at least in my opinion, he would definately have to be a Face. I wouldn't mind seeing Face Punk at this time, right now. Fact is, I think it's a very bad idea to let him stay gone for more then a couple of weeks (two maybe three weeks at the most). I just don't see it staying hot enough after that.... I would be thinking "They are going to blow it" if they do that.

Edit: Cena vs Rock has to happen, in any case.... No matter who win's, it will be a huge draw that just might be one of the biggest Wrestlemania's in the last decade (or at least what... 8 years?). It has that possibility, if they can get enough interest into it. I really can't see The Rock passing the torch to anyone else on the roster. Cena is the guy to pass it to, if it's passed, just like Rock was when Hogan passed it. Unless The Rock is actually thinking of coming back as a true member of the roster.... Never thought he would do another match, so I'm optimistic although skeptical at the same time about that.

Why? Everybody here is already established. I would have had Punk on the fence before MITB, but that PPV established him as a top dog again. Miz could be an on the fence, but if he loses it doesn't help establish him. Orton has beat HHH before, this wouldn't do anything. Punk vs SCSA would be a dream match, but I feel it wouldn't meet expectations. Miz vs Undertaker I feel would be a good match but if Undertaker wins, whats the point? That being said, Miz winning would be the ultimate way for his character to stroke it's ego...but that's not happening. Cena vs Rock, I'd expect Cena to win, but beating someone 10 years past their wrestling prime when you're already the top draw doesn't really boost you.

Anyway, if we're all fantasy booking, I would love to see CM Punk stay away until the Rumble, and show up as a surprise entrant...and win before challenging John Cena who has somehow gotten the title back. Thus, somehow they can swing this in to John Cena vs. The Rock vs. CM Punk. It would tie in with Punk feeling like he is the best, and deserving to go to the Main Event of Wrestlemania, as well as letting him attempt to beat the top @#!*% kissers, while still keeping the Cena/Rock feud alive as well.

We can all dream, right?

Guess I'm looking at it from a Jumbo/Misawa angle where the rising talents (in this case the current top guys) get a bump from beating the previous top guys (nay WWE Legends). A couple of dream matches, the renewal of an old rivalry (Orton/HHH) and a young trash talker looking to break the STREAK and cement his legacy.

A quadruple main-event takes a sliver of grandeur away from each of the matches simultaneously. Not to mention it's slightly(but not too much) farfetched that two people among Austin, Rock, Taker and Trips would challenge for a title at this point in their careers.. I would bet on one of them at the most but they all seem at "that" point.

Nevermind the fact that Cena "earning" his spot to have that choice seems weird already, but having Cena choose The Rock over a title match would have to mean he'd have to start painting himself in the same light legends do, with the whole "I've done everything there is to do" mentality. 'Till now he's still a hungry title rogue.

Unless Rocky screws him over in a title match, but then it becomes all redundant because the match-up makes [well, maintains] itself.

Guess I'm looking at it from a Jumbo/Misawa angle where the rising talents (in this case the current top guys) get a bump from beating the previous top guys (nay WWE Legends). A couple of dream matches, the renewal of an old rivalry (Orton/HHH) and a young trash talker looking to break the STREAK and cement his legacy.

Rising guys going over the old guard would establish them, yes, but in most of your cases you have established guys going over established vets, including some who hardly show up anymore.

Truthfully, The Rock and Stone Cold are legends, and more so in Stone Cold's case, we can't really be tricked to think he still has it in him to go out there and compete with the top dogs. It's not because of his age that I say that, but because he has been out of competition. It's hard for me to fathom that a guy who has now spent 8 years, (9 by the time WM rolls around) can still go out there and compete with a guy like Punk who just beat the best in the WWE right now. The Rock has made an appearance here and there, and at least still looks and acts the part. We know the Rock left wrestling to go to Hollywood. Austin left because his body doesn't hold up any more. Austin vs Punk would be a flop of a match IMO and establish nothing for Punk. Cena vs Rock would be an okay match, but after Cena would win, he would have gained nothing other than beating the guy who quit wrestling. Miz vs. Taker like I said could potentially be good at least and we've already seen HHH vs. Orton, hell, we've seen it at WM already! Granted, HHH won, but lets be honest, the guy is 41 years old. I don't think he is going to hang up the boots just yet.

No they are saying he is most likely done for good

Who is "they"? Some random internet news site? Everything I've read from WWE is that he's suspended for 30 days, not that he's done for good. And considering the push he was getting before the suspension and the contract he's signed, I would be stunned if they just cut him.

This is what will happen.

HHH opens next weeks show and say that he wants Punk to be there next week.

The next week HHH tells Punk that he will give him all the things he wants in his contract if Punk can beat him at Summerslam. Punk agrees

HHH beats Punk at Summerslam for the belt

There is a 0.0% chance of this happening. I'd be less surprised if Macho Man's corpse pins Bruno Sammartino to win the title. With Ultimate Warrior as the special guest referee.

I liked how the chants turned from the "na-na-na, hey hey, goodbye" to "Thank you Vince!".. Great moment I think. I lol'd at first to Triple H's last line but then it turned sadness. It felt real, Vince's tears.

Yeah, I totally agree. Triple H and Vince both did a great job. It was the difference between it feeling phony and the crowd being happy Vince is "fired" (which is how it started) to feeling real and the actually feeling that Vince is gone for good. Obviously he's still the Chairman off screen, but it really felt like that was the last time we're going to see him on TV.

I would love to see Vince vs. Punk at WrestleMania, they always have a grudge match on the show (Cole vs. Lawler), (Bret vs. Vince), (Vince vs. Shawn Micheals) & (Big Show vs. Moneyweather) etc.

Would love for that match to happen, I think Punk could carry him in a street fight. Then you could have Triple H vs. CM Punk at SummerSlam.

I would love to see Vince vs. Punk at WrestleMania, they always have a grudge match on the show (Cole vs. Lawler), (Bret vs. Vince), (Vince vs. Shawn Micheals) & (Big Show vs. Moneyweather) etc.

Yeah and how good do they usually turn out to be?

Granted, I haven't seen Big Show vs. Moneyweather or Vince vs. HBK... but the other two you mention are both among the worst matches I have ever seen, and both really dragged the card down. More of those? I'd prefer not.

Lawler/Cole was bad only because it went too long and was everything it shouldn't have been to begin with. Bret/Vince was bad because, well, we know why it was bad but why it was allowed to be so bad was a miscalculation that I don't see happening again.

Show/Mayweather was shockingly good. I was perfectly laid out and was probably as good as it could possible be, even if you didn't think it could be that good to begin with. Vince/HBK was very entertaining garbage brawl with lots of weapons and crazy spots to make up for the fact that you had a non-worker in the ring with a guy who was working on terrible knees.

I think Punk/Vince would be an amazing spectacle and would be incredibly entertaining because, were it to happen, both parties would put so much effort into making sure it was exactly what it needed to be that I think they'd easily avoid the mistakes that made previous spectacle matches so awful.

That said, I don't see Punk/Vince happening at Wrestlemania nor do I see Punk/Triple H at Summerslam this year, but it's not called Fantasy Booking for nothing.

Lawler/Cole was bad only because it went too long and was everything it shouldn't have been to begin with. Bret/Vince was bad because, well, we know why it was bad but why it was allowed to be so bad was a miscalculation that I don't see happening again.

Lawler vs. Cole was a catastrophe for the entire duration of the match, and not even Steve Austin managed to save it one bit. The match should have been Lawler beating up Cole for 2 min before pinning him and nothing else. When one part is a 61-year old has-been and the other part a non-wrestler who can't tell the difference between a Sharpshooter and a Texas Cloverleaf, you must be insane to let the match drag on for 15 min.

Bret vs. Vince was horrible because Bret is a physically crippled man who can't do anything but smash Vince with a chair and lock on the Sharpshooter. I bet Vince could actually have outwrestled Bret in that match had he wanted to, at least it looked that way... and that alone made the match terrible. And again, it was way too long given the physical performances of those involved. But at least it had some fun storytelling with the Hart family. But again: anything short of making it a 2-min squash was a mistake.

I think Punk/Vince would be an amazing spectacle and would be incredibly entertaining because, were it to happen, both parties would put so much effort into making sure it was exactly what it needed to be that I think they'd easily avoid the mistakes that made previous spectacle matches so awful.

Punk is a red-hot wrestler in his prime who recently defeated John 'Superman' Cena for the biggest title in wrestling at the moment. You want him in a match where a 66-year old man is suddenly his equal? A 66-year old man who got easily beaten by a crippled legend in 2010, no less? This is a man you want the audience to believe is the equal of Punk in his prime? Really?

What's your main event for 2013 then, Punk vs. David Arquette? :p

Punk is a red-hot wrestler in his prime who recently defeated John 'Superman' Cena for the biggest title in wrestling at the moment. You want him in a match where a 66-year old man is suddenly his equal? A 66-year old man who got easily beaten by a crippled legend in 2010, no less? This is a man you want the audience to believe is the equal of Punk in his prime? Really?

What's your main event for 2013 then, Punk vs. David Arquette? :p

Yes, because I was quite clear in stating that Vince would be portrayed as Punk's equal.

Yes, because I was quite clear in stating that Vince would be portrayed as Punk's equal.

But if he's not, then exactly how would it be interesting? You want another 15-minute disaster where Vince stomps on Punk in the corner?

Have Punk squash Vince in 2 min, fine... but that would be a huge waste of Punk's talent. But then again, any form of matchup with Punk against a 66-year old would be imo.

You keep talking about mistakes they did in previous matches and how you're certain that they wouldn't do them again, without mentioning neither the mistakes nor the solutions to avoid doing them again.

From PWInsider.com:

AFTER RAW WENT OFF THE AIR:

When the cameras stopped rolling, Vince McMahon went from sad to angry. He took off his hideous jacket and said he wanted a fight. John Cena came out and Vince told him to get bent. He slapped Cena's hat off.

Cena went to attack Vince when The Miz, R-Truth and Dolph Ziggler ran out and attacked him. This led to Zack Ryder, Evan Bourne and Santino Marella making the save. They tossed out the heels and Ziggler was the last man left. They all hit their finishers on him and then celebrated at ringside..

I could also see Punk carrying Undertaker in a match at Mania. I can't see too many people that would do well in ring with Taker. Saying that, Taker seemed to blow his knee out in like 5 minutes against Punk in Hell In a Cell iirc. But it could go 'X' amount of ways.

#1 Reason I want Punk back : A chance of having his Money In The Bank t-shirt being sold on WWE's shop.

Well not really the #1 reason, but I do want that shirt, and am not willing to pay the ridiculous ebay prices (and there are no mediums on there anyway).

B

Have Punk squash Vince in 2 min, fine... but that would be a huge waste of Punk's talent. But then again, any form of matchup with Punk against a 66-year old would be imo.

It would only be a waste of his talents if you have the idea that Punk HAS to have this five-star classic match at Wrestlemania. He doesn't.

Vince doesn't get in the ring with just anyone; Vince only gets in the ring with top-line talent or legends; Shawn Michaels, Triple H, Steve Austin, Bret Hart, etc. Just the fact that Vince would be willing to work a Wrestlemania match with Punk, even if, or especially if, it's Punk laying waste to Vince in five minutes, would give Punk the kind of credibility boost that he wouldn't get in any regular match, no matter how great it is.

The next few steps in the storyline are crucial, it might be sink or swim. The ending segment of RAW kinda felt flat in my opinion. Vince made a good effort to light some importance on his decision, Cena had a good promo, but the HHH/board part felt anti-climatic. I absolutely didn't feel the emotion of the moment regardless of both them trying to cry, sorry. What's up with Vince crying anyway ? Doesn't that prove the board is right ? Where's the fighter in Vince ? Why didn't he start yelling they can't do that, that he is still the man in charge ? Just staying there crying made him look even weaker than what the board said. I don't buy Vince McMahon, the character, just accepting the decision and moving on. If he doesn't try anything to reverse the decision, it will be very disappointing.

HHH character as an authority figure needs development and I'm okay with giving them time to do so. He can't just be the HHH we know as it won't work. Authority figures need some kind of weakness to appear beatable, even if it's just their ego they make them take silly decision, and I don't remember the last time HHH appeared beatable or vulnerable. At the sime time, they don't have the luxury of time. The storyline commands that the new authority makes a strong point of proving that the former authority made bad decision. It's a tricky balance to achieve. If the Anonymous GM is still there (I didn't see the podium this week), that could be one way of slowing down the storyline and adding some room to establish the HHH authority figure character.

Wow, what a PPV... This will go down in history as arguably the most memorable event in the history of sports entertainment.

I mean..... who kicks out of the World's Strongest Slam??

Honestly!!!!!

Mark Henry is an amazing performer, a great athlete, and I wish he has a lot of years left main eventing the WWE.

The rest of the PPV was... mediocre at best.

Wow, what a PPV... This will go down in history as arguably the most memorable event in the history of sports entertainment.

Honestly!!!!!

Mark Henry is an amazing performer, a great athlete, and I wish he has a lot of years left main eventing the WWE.

You've just won this thread. :p

Honestly!!!!!

That had me cracking up, well done dude. :D