The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

Cena will NEVER be turned until they can replace him in merch sales. If they push Punk properly... they may have that situation. I was at smackdown two weeks ago and I saw a TON of CM Punk shirts being sold, but he still has a long way to go before he outsells Cena.

HOWEVER... if WWE books this fued properly... CM Punk could be the number one guy for a litte while... long enough to turn Cena heel and face the Rock as such. We'll see what happens.

Either way... it's some of the best stuff WWE has done in many years.

I really dont see how Cena loses unless their is a rematch...

Cena is going to get booed like crazy as it is, something they're probably not happy with having to put up with. But Cena winning? I don't think they're keen on having the face of the company being treated like the second coming of Hitler and Satan combined on their biggest show of the year. Logically, if it is a one-off match, then Cena should win. But the negative reaction that would generate towards Cena, on the one wrestling show of the year that gets any kind of decent press coverage, is something they'll want to avoid at all costs. Which is why I think that Rock being part of future PPV's is probably going to include a rematch with Cena down the road, so they can avoid having to beat Rock in Miami and Cena can get out of the building in one piece. Cena will be the de-facto heel for this one, which has been obvious from the beginning, but he's not turning proper heel and he won't for a long time.

Where Punk fits in is way too early to tell at this stage, but from Raw, they're clearly building towards Punk/HHH at some point, and it was strange how they did more to make you want to see that match than the actual Punk/Cena main event on PPV in two weeks.

Do new Cena shirts completely sell out from day 1 pre-orders? Because CM Punk's shirt did. I ordered mine within hours of it going up and now that it's actually been released, it's already on back order and my order has not shipped.

uggggh I knew I shouldn't have waited... it better be available by next month, a live Raw show's coming to town.

Cena's probably aren't selling that fast, but just at a high consistent rate. Punk was sort of an overnight phenomenon or something. Yeah, maybe months down the line they'll have a slight window open to barely consider to do something with Cena. I remember in 08 when Jeff Hardy was pushed as the new top face, I was getting hopeful. And then...

So, WWE cut a few workers I see.

I understand why they cut DH Smith and Kozlov but for some reason I am surprised about Masters and Melina. I know Melina is said to have a pretty rancid attitude but she was one of the better divas on the roster. Having said that she wasn't used that often as of late. Any thoughts or have I already missed the boat?

EDIT: Ah, already missed the convo, nevermind.

That hotdog/buns part was pretty funny...CONSPIRACY

That IS pretty strange... it's as though they WANT you to get two sets of buns... but then once you're out of hot dogs, that leaves you with six buns! You can't just HAVE those! So you buy more hotdogs!!! It's an endless cycle!!!

CONSPIRACY!