The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

Super Smackdown was really good. Better than Raw this week.

That's par for the course. Even Superstars has, in many ways, been better than Raw lately. This week Superstars had Air Boom vs. JTG & Primo, Eve & Kelly Kelly vs. The Bella Twins, and Cody Rhodes vs. Ted DiBiase, with all the matches getting some decent time. Cody Rhodes even busted out a slick top-rope moonsault to a standing DiBiase.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Rocland" data-cite="Rocland" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>They fired Maryse?!? Damn....</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I'm pretty sure Maryse asked for her release. She would rather model then wrestle. I'm going to miss her though. She was my favorite Diva.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="sebsy" data-cite="sebsy" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Evan Bourne suspended for a violation of the wellness policy.<p> </p><p> Bit of a surprise that one. Quite a few of them at it atm.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Guess that means Rhodes and Barrett will be taking the tag titles on Smackdown or Raw next week.</p>

Evan Bourne suspended for a violation of the wellness policy.

Bit of a surprise that one. Quite a few of them at it atm.

*facepalm* Wow, I have a bad feeling that this will be the end of Evan Bourne's tenure with the WWE. He had worked himself out a good midcard position too. The thing that I don't understand is that he is a cruiserweight, why would he take anything that violates the wellness policy?

*facepalm* Wow, I have a bad feeling that this will be the end of Evan Bourne's tenure with the WWE. He had worked himself out a good midcard position too. The thing that I don't understand is that he is a cruiserweight, why would he take anything that violates the wellness policy?

The #1 use of steroids is recovering from injury quicker. Steroids put your body in hyperdrive when trying to recover from injury. So it isn't always to get bigger and stronger. Maybe Evan was trying to recover from injuries or maybe he wanted to get bigger.

<p>I've followed Evan Bourne since his ROH days. He's been outspoken towards (what he feels) are positive effects of psychotropics and marijuana. I'm pretty sure he got in some trouble a few years ago, early in his WWE career, over some tweets when he defended marijuana usage.</p><p> </p><p>

If I were a betting man, I'd say it was recreational use.</p><p> </p><p>

Ultimately it's his business I dont care what a man does in his personal life as long as he takes responsibility for his actions.</p>

This is kind of just a random thought, but is anyone else really hoping CM Punk doesn't go back to the shoulder length hair? He looks like such a badass now, whereas the long hair on him just screams midcarder. Some guys can pull it off, but he just looks dirty when he's rocking it.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="codey" data-cite="codey" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>This is kind of just a random thought, but is anyone else really hoping CM Punk doesn't go back to the shoulder length hair? He looks like such a badass now, whereas the long hair on him just screams midcarder. Some guys can pull it off, but he just looks dirty when he's rocking it.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I agree. Problem is... he's thinning a little bit haha.</p>

Not too related to WWE but is anyone going to Mick Foley's Comedy tour in the UK?

My friend went to one of his gigs last year (could have been the year before). He said it was not really that funny if you were not a wrestling fan (which obviously all of us are in this thread). It wasn't so much of a stand-up routine as it was him telling funny stories about his time in wrestling. I guess if you have either one of his books, he probably covers that stuff in his act.

I've seen Foley recently and I saw him a year ago. I can safely tell you his comedy has improved greatly. He's learned to use the economy of words necessary to hit punchlines and keep the audience's attention. When i saw him the first time he'd ramble and go very long without getting to the damn joke. Which is fine. Kevin Smith successfully does this at his live Q and As but he doesn't do it in a comedy club either.

I think if you are a wrestling fan you'll like the act much more, but he's a decent comedy act in his own right. Let me be clear here, the big names in stand up have nothing to worry about. I don't think he's the next Dane Cook. But he made me laugh and I enjoyed his set.