The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

The fans in around said tonight if the Rumble comes here or close we ARE going.

I have been to three of them 1994, 2003, 2008. At one point it was my favorite WWE PPV. However, I did not see it this year, or last year for that matter, mainly due to the fact that it just did not seem like it was going to be that good. From what I read about it, it would seem my assumption was right.

I honestly would rather have had Jericho eliminate himself when he entered than actually look like he wanted to win and end up losing. I know people will say WWE can still build a good feud out of this, but they could have had something alot bigger, all the hype and excitement around Jericho that they spent 3 months on is now gone amongst casual fans.

Sheamus winning is still cool though. :p.

Loved the Sexual Chocolate chants for Henry, they're never going to let him forget that lol.

The Royal Rumble is one of my favoreite WWE events and one of my favorite individual matches each year. I ended up buying the event. I didn't dislike it badly but I also enjoyed it only moderately. I ended up feeling like I didn't get my money's worth.

The problem is that there was simply too much filler. I get the reasons why, but that doesn't change what it was.

The opener was good but short (I know why, but still...). The Diva's match wsa a waste of time. The Cena and Rock promo videos were well done but unneeded filler. The Funkosaurus match was filler. Cena-Kane wasn't that bad but the end was predictable and the post-match stuff felt like filler - yeah, he went after an injured Ryder but its just more of the same after he was already the one who "broke Ryder's back". Since it added nothing new to the feud, it felt like more of the same. Punk-Ziggler was really good.

As for the Rumble match itself, I may come to regard it differently down the road, but on first viewing, it felt very mediocre. They relied very heavily on fun moments - all the commentators coming in, Ricardo Rodriguez, Foley and Santino, etc. Individually, none of those moments bothered me and are typical of the Rumble. Yet it felt like they relied more on those this year than most. So after a lot of the main card felt like filler, so did a lot of the stuff in the Rumble. I don't have too much of a problem with them having to use a lot of midcarders in the match, but that seems wasteful if they don't use it as an opportunity to build any of them up... and I don't really see how they did here.

Not really what I'm looking for when I put down $50. So yeah, pretty disappointed in the 2012 Rumble.

The Royal Rumble is one of my favoreite WWE events and one of my favorite individual matches each year. I ended up buying the event. I didn't dislike it badly but I also enjoyed it only moderately. I ended up feeling like I didn't get my money's worth.

The problem is that there was simply too much filler. I get the reasons why, but that doesn't change what it was.

The opener was good but short (I know why, but still...). The Diva's match wsa a waste of time. The Cena and Rock promo videos were well done but unneeded filler. The Funkosaurus match was filler. Cena-Kane wasn't that bad but the end was predictable and the post-match stuff felt like filler - yeah, he went after an injured Ryder but its just more of the same after he was already the one who "broke Ryder's back". Since it added nothing new to the feud, it felt like more of the same. Punk-Ziggler was really good.

As for the Rumble match itself, I may come to regard it differently down the road, but on first viewing, it felt very mediocre. They relied very heavily on fun moments - all the commentators coming in, Ricardo Rodriguez, Foley and Santino, etc. Individually, none of those moments bothered me and are typical of the Rumble. Yet it felt like they relied more on those this year than most. So after a lot of the main card felt like filler, so did a lot of the stuff in the Rumble. I don't have too much of a problem with them having to use a lot of midcarders in the match, but that seems wasteful if they don't use it as an opportunity to build any of them up... and I don't really see how they did here.

Not really what I'm looking for when I put down $50. So yeah, pretty disappointed in the 2012 Rumble.

I was too on a storyline-wise/action-wise way. But for nostalgia it was awesome! Just the reaction for Duggan made my night!

I honestly would rather have had Jericho eliminate himself when he entered than actually look like he wanted to win and end up losing.

Completely agree with this. As soon as he actually attacked someone, I said to myself 'he has to win now, or else what has all this buildup been for?' And as soon as he knocked Orton out, I was sure he was going to win.

I enjoyed certain parts of the Rumble match but as it came down to the last four entrants, I was thinking, "OK, Jericho and Orton need to come in so we still have two spots...................27# David Otunga............really?.......Orton, Jericho as expected............hmm wonder who 30 is going to be, must be worth the wait..............Big Show..............WOW, what a crap ending to the Rumble."

Last year's Rumble was so much better it bummed me out how dissapointing this year's match was.

My favourite moment was Kharma kicking ass, but aside from that, I can't really remember a lot else. Actually I did enjoy Ricardo as well. That was fantastic. Michael Cole is making me want to stop watching WWE entirely now.

Yup only 1 month left of this and then full Wrestlemania mode!

Could Punk and Bryan retain their titles at Mania??? I am thinking it's possible if they are still champions going into Mania.

My projected Mania card for now (it's never too early)

John Cena vs The Rock

CM Punk vs Chris Jericho for the WWE Title

Daniel Bryan vs Sheamus for the Heavyweight Title

Cody Rhodes vs Goldust for the IC Title

Undertaker vs Kane

Alberto Del Rio, Miz, Dolph Ziggler, Jack Swagger vs Brodus Clay, R-Truth, Zack Ryder, and Kofi Kingston

Wade Barrett vs Big Show vs Mark Henry vs ??? vs ??? vs ??? SD! MITB

That is roughly what I think they MIGHT do for Wrestlemania.

Hmmm I was thinking more along the lines of..

Cena vs Rock

Daniel Bryan vs Sheamus

Punk vs Jericho

Undertaker vs Triple H

Orton vs Barrett

Ryder vs Kane

Rhodes vs Goldust

Big Show vs Shaq

Beth Phoenix vs Kharma

MITB with Miz, Ziggler, Swagger, ADR, R-Truth, Kofi Kingston, Brodus Clay, and going to guess and say Rey Mysterio. Could also split out to have Rey in 1 on 1 with any of the heels.

Hmmm I was thinking more along the lines of..

Cena vs Rock

Daniel Bryan vs Sheamus

Punk vs Jericho

Undertaker vs Triple H

Orton vs Barrett

Ryder vs Kane

Rhodes vs Goldust

Big Show vs Shaq

Beth Phoenix vs Kharma

MITB with Miz, Ziggler, Swagger, ADR, R-Truth, Kofi Kingston, Brodus Clay, and going to guess and say Rey Mysterio. Could also split out to have Rey in 1 on 1 with any of the heels.

The only reason I don't see this many 1v1 matches is I can't remember the last Rumble to have more than a few 1v1 matches. Last year it had what 4 1v1 matches?

Edge vs ADR

Cena vs Miz

Punk vs Rey

HHH vs Taker

Was that it? I can't remember...

Disappointed with the Rumble match. Partly because I loved last years, so my expectations were super-high. I had no one to root for. Lots of bland entrants I have no reason to care about. Not enough storylines. While I loved watched Miz & Cody be bump machines for everyone (also; Ziggler) they didn't have the presence to anchor the match. Then they were tossed like dorks by Show.

Jericho is just another guy now. Quality match with Sheamus at the end, but character-wise a big nothin'.

I was MASSIVELY gutted when Funkasaurus had a squash match. I was looking forward to him entering the Rumble. Not necessarily to go on a spree, but just to entertain. I guess they were saving him from being beat, but... Bummed me out.

Undertaker vs Kane

Undertaker vs. Triple H has pretty much been confirmed for Mania 28, they don't need to do Undertaker vs. Kane for a third time because it would be overkill in my opinion although I can see why you would say that I would say It will be Taker vs. Triple H 3 before Taker vs. Kane 3.

Confirmed by who? If Kane/Taker is considered overkill, then HHH/Taker must be slaughterhouse status cause I still don't see the point in that rematch other than this "can't face anyone bigger" mentality which came out of nowhere. That match-up was mostly fabricated by the IWC's consensus since Mania 27 ended, I'd hate to think they actually gave into the idea.

A theory I read about Jericho not winning(was suggested elsewhere).. that his End of the World hype was intentionally supposed to be a bust to liken it to the false end-of-world theories, ala Y2K & 2012. That would somehow be plausible, though I guess it depends on what he says tonight.

Confirmed by who? If Kane/Taker is considered overkill, then HHH/Taker must be slaughterhouse status cause I still don't see the point in that rematch other than this "can't face anyone bigger" mentality which came out of nowhere. That match-up was mostly fabricated by the IWC's consensus since Mania 27 ended, I'd hate to think they actually gave into the idea.

A theory I read about Jericho not winning(was suggested elsewhere).. that his End of the World hype was intentionally supposed to be a bust to liken it to the false end-of-world theories, ala Y2K & 2012. That would somehow be plausible, though I guess it depends on what he says tonight.

Well it was on the tenative WM 28 card on Gerweck that I read and its the only match that makes sense at this point for Taker. Taker has wrestled Kane numerous times twice at Mania and a lot over the years. Taker and Trips haven't wrestled that much outside of their two matches at WM 17 and 27.

What The Funk?.. I'm enjoying Brodus' gimmick, but does anyone else find it odd that Michael Cole, the " Heel " announcer who dislikes anything to do with any Face characters, and he likes the whole Funk thing? He also still seems to be calling Daniel Bryan a dork, despite the obvious heel turning thing.

The best way i can describe this storyline with Cena and Kane, is like Anakin getting turned to the Darkside by Emperor Palpaltine....

Am I exactly wrong...and WHAT THE HELL, I am not going to watch Trips vs Taker part 2...

CAN SOMEONE ELSE try and END THE STREAK PLEASE???

Well it was on the tenative WM 28 card on Gerweck that I read and its the only match that makes sense at this point for Taker. Taker has wrestled Kane numerous times twice at Mania and a lot over the years. Taker and Trips haven't wrestled that much outside of their two matches at WM 17 and 27.

Yeah the matchup is relatively fresher but on paper, how predictable would it look.. unless Trips went a step further and put his career on the line... oh wait. K, maybe if Trips turns heel then it's all good.

Besides, with the heap ton of momentum Kane has built up this year, it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world to go down that road one last time. Not that I'm expecting it to be Kane though.

What The Funk?.. I'm enjoying Brodus' gimmick, but does anyone else find it odd that Michael Cole, the " Heel " announcer who dislikes anything to do with any Face characters, and he likes the whole Funk thing? He also still seems to be calling Daniel Bryan a dork, despite the obvious heel turning thing.

Funk = goofy. Cole likes goofy. :p