The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

Really random, but are their any wrestlers you didn't like/appreciate as a kid/younger viewer?

I never got into Big Boss Man/Big Bubba Rogers/Guardian Angel/Ray Traylor when I was a kid, but I've been watching a lot of classic WWF and WCW and holy crap he was great. Now, whenever I see a match involving him, I go out of my way to make sure I watch it.

Didn't think this would warrant it's own thread since he was a WWF/WCW guy.

Really random, but are their any wrestlers you didn't like/appreciate as a kid/younger viewer?

I never got into Big Boss Man/Big Bubba Rogers/Guardian Angel/Ray Traylor when I was a kid, but I've been watching a lot of classic WWF and WCW and holy crap he was great. Now, whenever I see a match involving him, I go out of my way to make sure I watch it.

Yeah there were a couple, I used to not like Adrian Adonis, Dino Bravo, The Fabulous Rougeaus, Ronnie Garvin, Koko B. Ware, Johnny V., and the Brooklyn Brawler. Looking at the list, it seems like as a kid I did not like Franco-Canadian wrestlers but I assure you I have nothing against my neighbors to the North. It is just for some reason I never liked the ones I listed.

Ah how could you not like Ray Traylor!!!??

I never got why his popularity waned so badly at the end of his WCW run. Guy was a big body who could wrestle and looked like a legit tough guy.

Nasty Boys for me. I went from being mildly entertained by them as a kid to outright hating them on my television. Now I really appreciate how good they were.

Has anyone seen the viral video WWE's doing?

The "A New Revolution is Coming" with the big red x?

Ideas? Hopes?

One dude with an X-name in FCW, Xavier Woods. So, that would be my first guess. Maybe they have a new Mayan calender Y2J gimmick for him?

Dean Ambrose, the guy who has been taunting Mick Foley on twitter the past couple of months.

I love Abrose. I'd be ok with that.

I never got why his popularity waned so badly at the end of his WCW run. Guy was a big body who could wrestle and looked like a legit tough guy.

Nasty Boys for me. I went from being mildly entertained by them as a kid to outright hating them on my television. Now I really appreciate how good they were.

I'm not sure, now I can see how much of a talented guy he is. I was a Nasty Boys fan too and then got super sick of them. I can watch them now though, well, their stuff from the 90s.

One dude with an X-name in FCW, Xavier Woods. So, that would be my first guess. Maybe they have a new Mayan calender Y2J gimmick for him?

I've always been a fan of his, so if he's coming in with some sort of hype, I'd be a fan from the get go.

Guest codey
If it's not Ambrose, I'd really like to see it be a new face. There's a big influx of heel talent right now, with the only face being Brodus Clay. Maybe a new high flyer since Evan Bourne seems to be in the doghouse.

Yeah, Ray Traylor was so awesome.

Mine is kind of embarrassing, I never used to like Rick Rude as a kid since I found his somewhat sexual gimmick kind of embarrassing and fruity. I'd be sitting around wanting to watch some ... I dunno, Hogan or Jake the Snake or something and then this guy would be all oiled up and gyrating to stripper music and my mother would walk in and be like "WTF are you watching?"

Yeah, Ray Traylor was so awesome.

Mine is kind of embarrassing, I never used to like Rick Rude as a kid since I found his somewhat sexual gimmick kind of embarrassing and fruity. I'd be sitting around wanting to watch some ... I dunno, Hogan or Jake the Snake or something and then this guy would be all oiled up and gyrating to stripper music and my mother would walk in and be like "WTF are you watching?"

Rick Rude was fun... Val Venis though... OMG, I think my mom had an aneurysm when she saw his titantron intro.

It's probably Batista judging by Punk's hype.

Did anyone watch Raw? In terms of corny Cena promos that was one of the worst :p.

"....Puck off"

Oh my god, seriously? What made it even worse was Lawler's fake laugh and Cole saying before that "Gotta admit, this is pretty funny" or something along those lines.

Heyman was great as usual and they're actually doing a decent job of building the fatal four way aswell. Bryan - Punk build has been average but it is Bryan - Punk, it doesn't need a build.

There were some good moments on Raw this week:

HHH putting his hands on Heyman, Santino's comedy spots in the tag match with Punk, Big Show (who's one of the best actors in WWE) grovelling to Johnny only to be fired, the Punk/AJ segment, Cena acting like an idiot (even if his material was weak) and Johnny slapping the smile off his face.

It's probably Batista judging by Punk's hype.

Did anyone watch Raw? In terms of corny Cena promos that was one of the worst :p.

"....Puck off"

Oh my god, seriously? What made it even worse was Lawler's fake laugh and Cole saying before that "Gotta admit, this is pretty funny" or something along those lines.

Heyman was great as usual and they're actually doing a decent job of building the fatal four way aswell. Bryan - Punk build has been average but it is Bryan - Punk, it doesn't need a build.

I think the WWE are setting it up to fail. Punk-Bryan will be great, but it won't sell without a hard push. This is setting up the, "look nerds, Punk isn't a draw" push down the card. The sell on this Cena match with a non-wrestler is pretty dumb. Like... who cares? It's going to suck. At best it'll be Team Teddy vs. Team Laurinitus from WM... which bombed. Shemus and Randy Orton... Yawn. Also the way they put that Raw together was like watching a carwreck... Big Show canned, everybody stunned. Cole somber.... HERE COMES A BRODUS CLAY SQUASH GUYS! GET FUNKY! This seems sloppy on every level, definitively a transitional PPV here.

I think the WWE are setting it up to fail. Punk-Bryan will be great, but it won't sell without a hard push. This is setting up the, "look nerds, Punk isn't a draw" push down the card. The sell on this Cena match with a non-wrestler is pretty dumb. Like... who cares? It's going to suck. At best it'll be Team Teddy vs. Team Laurinitus from WM... which bombed. Shemus and Randy Orton... Yawn. Also the way they put that Raw together was like watching a carwreck... Big Show canned, everybody stunned. Cole somber.... HERE COMES A BRODUS CLAY SQUASH GUYS! GET FUNKY! This seems sloppy on every level, definitively a transitional PPV here.

Soooo you think that the WWE is going to intentionally screw over thier number 1 (by some counts) or at worse 2nd merch draw to "send a message" to nerds?

Real talk for a minute. All WWE cares about is money. They don't care who's it is, as long as it's green.

Both Bryan and Punk, but especially punk, are making them a buttload right now in merch. why would they risk that to prove some point to the internet?

This is a match they hope will help a weak, throw away PPV that they shouldn't even have in the first place not a message to the IWC. if anything it's an olive branch "please buy our ppv!!! we put your favorites on it!!"

Soooo you think that the WWE is going to intentionally screw over thier number 1 (by some counts) or at worse 2nd merch draw to "send a message" to nerds?

Real talk for a minute. All WWE cares about is money. They don't care who's it is, as long as it's green.

Both Bryan and Punk, but especially punk, are making them a buttload right now in merch. why would they risk that to prove some point to the internet?

This is a match they hope will help a weak, throw away PPV that they shouldn't even have in the first place not a message to the IWC. if anything it's an olive branch "please buy our ppv!!! we put your favorites on it!!"

You see, there are people who really do think that their antagonistic relationship with pro wrestling is legitimate. In turn, they convince themselves that WWE is antagonistic with THEM, which fuels and justifies their hostility.

You see, there are people who really do think that their antagonistic relationship with pro wrestling is legitimate. In turn, they convince themselves that WWE is antagonistic with THEM, which fuels and justifies their hostility.

I wouldn't put myself in that category. I've never seen a ROH show before. I'm a casual, if you're going to typecast me.