The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

If Nash is talking about movies, then why would he say "Stan Lee" and "started Marvel"? If you discount Wolverine for being not created by Stan Lee, you can't use the movie version of Wolverine to further your point.

First, it's not my point, it's Kevin Nash's. Second,

There’s a reason why in all these Marvel movies if [the guys] don’t have gigantic muscles and aren’t oversized, they’re CGIs.

That's why the movie versions are brought up. Because that's what he's talking about. You know, Captain America, Thor, the Hulk, etc.? They were in some movie this year?

And I was really just pointing out how the Wolverine example doesn't particularly work since in the movies they made him look like a stereotypical action hero bad-ass, and he's not who Nash was talking about.

Well before the movies, Wolverine was easily by leaps and bounds the most poprular X-Man, to a sickening degree. I say him being a 5'3" undeniable badass, hugely popular and "believable" (within context) is a fine dismantling of Nash's point.

Nash's point is that Thor, Hulk, Captain America, etc. (you know, the characters created by Stan Lee who were in the biggest movie of the year?) are "larger than life." A character not created by Stan Lee who was portrayed as 11 inches bigger than his apparent height (although no one draws him that short any more) in a movie isn't really a "fine dismantling" of anything. If anything, it shows that Hollywood didn't trust audiences to accept him being that short and still be the male lead in their X-franchise movies.

How tall is Thomas Jane? I seem to recall him beating Kevin Nash in a little movie called The Punisher.

Yes, because Nash was the heavy? Jane is listed at 5'11", but he's not really supposed to be the larger than life figure Nash was talking about when he was mentioning Stan Lee characters turned into movies, since Punisher was another one that wasn't Stan Lee's (Gerry Conway and Ross Andru created him) and doesn't have big flashy super-powers.

Also, Nash mentioned "guys the same height as the refs"... No one seems to have a problem with that in the UFC, where real people really fight each other. Could Nash beat Herb Dean or John McCarthy?

Because real fighting doesn't have to work as hard to create the illusion of somebody being tough? Does this really have to be explained? That fake fighting has to be more theatrical than real fighting?

His joke shouldn't have gotten him fired. But it was probably the straw that broke the camel's back. He was absolutely TERRIBLE in my opinion. He was a manager that couldn't talk. He was awkward. And the only thing he ever did with that "live mic at ringside" that was remotely entertaining was a bad rape joke that wasn't well constructed or well delivered. Something tells me if the dude had this irresistible talent he'd still have a job there.

Well, he was a manager in 2012, so even if he was great, he'd still be in danger of being put on the shelf and never used (Armando Estrada). Not being talented just sped up the process.

This is the most idiotic statement I've heard in a while

Considering he tweeted himself that he was the sole reason for the joke

Now he shouldn't have been released, but he did do it himself

Az_kLM4CMAIxuS-.jpg

Idiotic? Don't be a preposterous arrogant snob. Idiotic is you saying he revived the tag team division on his own. That's idiotic, or at least i could be like you and say that, because i think it's totally wrong. Was there a need to insult? Jesus Christ. I find it amazing how some people respond to simple opinions with such a snob attitude, like they were the owners of truth. Wrong or not, it's an opinion. Do you really need to come with that attitud? Some people probably don't sleep just, lurking around these boards, waiting to insult other users who voice different opinions. The term idiotic ins an insult and there was no need for it. It was uncalled for.

It was idiotic in the sense that he confirmed MULTIPLE times that he made the joke himself. It wasn't meant as an insult honestly but I probably chose the wrong words.

And he did revive the tag division considering that 3 of the 5 teams in the company have direct beef with him.

True, they do have a beef with him, but it doesn't mean he did enough to revive a sole division by himself. I think i'll give more credit to the teams itself then him. I really don't like him that much, but i'm actually trying to call it unbiased here. I think he did help the PTP to gain heat and overness, but that's about it.

Edit: As for the idiotic, now that i see your second post, i can probably understant it wasn't to offend. So no worries.

Yes, but the new news is that they can use the WWF acronym now, not just the logo.

Which they won't do since Vince has reportedly wanted to take wrestling out of their name entirely. I don't believe anywhere on their website, including the corporate site, you will ever see the company referred to as "World Wrestling Entertainment." They rebranded to just be "WWE." I remember reading that they don't want it said on tv either. In their recent investors call both Vince and the other guy on the call dismissed the idea that they were a wrestling company, calling them a variety show.

They only want the logo and acronym to make money on archive footage.

WWE is in a seriously strange position right now. There's supposedly a good bit of the mid and undercard that is pushing for a union. Now with Linda's campaign, WWE might not want some fired talent screaming about them to anyone who would listen. Will the workers use the leverage of the campaign to get things like a union done? We'll see.

For a company that don't want to use the term "Wrestling", seems like it gets used on every show multiple times.

Compare the number of times "Wrestling" is said on an average WWE show to the number of times "Twitter" or "Trending" is said. WWE is pretty much just one big social media advertising company these days, kinda like how the NBA are just shoe salesmen. :p

Compare the number of times "Wrestling" is said on an average WWE show to the number of times "Twitter" or "Trending" is said. WWE is pretty much just one big social media advertising company these days, kinda like how the NBA are just shoe salesmen. :p

I'd watch more shoe commercials if dudes got powerbombed. Just sayin'.

The crowd was really into Ryback. I knew JTG was going to get crushed. Wonder how long until he is future endeavered.

I hope it's soon. One of my favorite matches of JTG's was against Shad in a Strap match (can't remember what event) and the crowd was really into him then. JTG needs to go somewhere else and capitalize on his WWE exposure.

I hope it's soon. One of my favorite matches of JTG's was against Shad in a Strap match (can't remember what event) and the crowd was really into him then. JTG needs to go somewhere else and capitalize on his WWE exposure.

That was Extreme Rules in DC with Batista vs Cena last man standing as the main event. Shads last WWE match. I was there and don't remember the crowd being behind JTG much, but it might have come off better on tv. Only thing I remember is being angry that Batista lost via duct tape. -_-

That was Extreme Rules in DC with Batista vs Cena last man standing as the main event. Shads last WWE match. I was there and don't remember the crowd being behind JTG much, but it might have come off better on tv. Only thing I remember is being angry that Batista lost via duct tape. -_-

Yeah--that ending still makes me scratch my head. But in a way it makes sense now as the rules say you must beat a 10-count LOL. And yeah, on TV it looked like the crowd was digging JTG a lot more than usual.

Love seeing the live crowd get behind Ryback!

On a scale of 1-10 the amount I doubt the validity of that crowd noise is 106.... 15 seconds before that they had a "Goldberg" chant going.

Maybe they were just that happy to see JTG get smashed.

I miss Cryme Tyme :(

Possibly the most racist gimmicks in wrestling history(and that's saying something).... I can't get behind this.

I miss Cryme Tyme :(

Same here, Loved them! One of the better gimmicks, tongue and cheek comedy teams in the spirit of Bernie Mac, Chris Tucker, David Chapelle etc. Reminded me of old Robert Townsend and Keenen Ivory Wayans type characters in Hollywood Shuffle (Classic Movie if you knew movies back then). Just fun characters, that were good guys out cheating the bad guys... Nothing to dis-like.

Thought you might like this Hart shoot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GXoBSHpX2M

Lol Hart calling Bishoff a idiot.

I never new Sandow took his gimmick from Lanny Poffo

Poffo was better in it too. I've been going back and watching older events, watch his match at the 1990 Rumble with Brutus Beefcake, he did the cartwheel and everything. No idea why he got the boot.