The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

I think the problem was he said specifically Wrestlemania PPV's, which have for the most part, been bigger then the UFC average PPV's.

If you just want to use Brock's two PPV's as an example, then I believe it rolls more towards his UFC stuff... We don't know what Wrestlemania would do with Brock in it, hopefully we will find out. But I believe the UFC PPV (his last and best numbers for PPV) did 1.6, and Wrestlemania did 1.3 (the one that broke records)... however, they have gone over a million more then a few times. The rest of their PPV's aren't keeping up though.

IF he would have just said "They're trying to tap into the UFC audience, where he pulled bigger PPV #s than WWE PPV's average." it would have been a much better comparison... However, he specifically said "They're trying to tap into the UFC audience, where he pulled bigger PPV #s than the WWE ever has for any Wrestlemania." Which isn't true. Everything else, far as his opinion is IMO spot on.... I believe that's exactly what they were trying to do, and the reason they kept calling it a fight (to the point I was getting irritated with it).

Getting REAL buy rates for both companies isn't a mystery and anyone can find the numbers out of they put in a little effort. For UFC, you have to know where to look, and have your eyes open when you do so, but they're findable. And WWE buy rates can be found out when they publish their financial reports.

Getting REAL buy rates for both companies isn't a mystery and anyone can find the numbers out of they put in a little effort. For UFC, you have to know where to look, and have your eyes open when you do so, but they're findable. And WWE buy rates can be found out when they publish their financial reports.

So when you say "you have to know where to look", this would imply that it might not be readily available, publicized, and in a word (like the one I used) "mysterious"? I mean I never said "unattainable"

But still, we're back to that whole "semantics" point from before. Probably didn't read that part though.

haha

love you, bro

PWI 500 list

1 - CM Punk

2 - Bobby Roode

3 - John Cena

4 - Daniel Bryan

5 - Sheamus

6 - Jun Akiyama

7 - Davey Richards

8 - Kurt Angle

9 - Mark Henry

10 - Alberto Del Rio

11 - Hiroyoshi Tenzan

12 - James Storm

13 - Austin Aries

14 - Randy Orton

15 - Christian

16 - Dolph Ziggler

17 - Big Show

18 - Eddie Edwards

19 - L.A. Park

20 - Kevin Steen

21 - Jeff Hardy

22 - Kane

23 - Cody Rhodes

24 - Takashi Sugiura

25 - Devon

26 - Dr. Wagner Jr.

27 - Mr. Anderson

28 - AJ Styles

29 - Chris Jericho

30 - Bully Ray

top 30 so far. Not much comes at a shock, top 5 are pretty deserving.

Wait, how does Devon beat out Bully Ray?

Devon is a midcard champion while Bully Ray has been in the UpperMid/Main Event scene all year.

Devon has been in a storylines with Garrett Bischoff and the often absent Pope while Bully Ray has feuded with people like Mr. Anderson, Jeff Hardy, and Abyss.

Probably because Devon's been a midcard champion. For the meteoric rise Ray's had as Bully Ray, he's lost virtually every feud he's had.

Not the best SD this year but it had its moments:

Cole trying to be a tweener announcer with guest announcers every match (inlcuding the entertaining PTP).

Rhodes turning Sin Cara's mask around, handing Slater a rare win.

Face v face tag team match followed by a tag team locker room brawl.

Ziggler trying to cash in twice and eating an RKO. Sheamus being assaulted by both Ziggler and ADR.

Orton v ADR (#1 Contender match) - Orton looked really sharp. I thought ADR would win but didn't expect Orton to tap out!

They do that with just about every re-package of an angle or what have you, even when everyone seen it on Raw totally differently. No big surprise at all... They even did it with CM Punk on his return a year ago. When I watched the show, there wasn't half as much cheers as there is in every re-packaging of that moment.

http://www.cagesideseats.com/2012/8/26/3268976/video-john-cena-upstages-cm-punk-at-nxt-taping#storyjump

And people thought Ryback was getting over... :rolleyes: I'm questioning every single pop that happens at a WWE event from here on out.

wait wait wait...are you telling me WWE does post production work on it's content? that they play with audio to make things seem more impressive than they actually are? That they change reality around for the sake of their entertainment product?

Whats next! will matches have pre-determined outcomes? Will fans be planted in the crowd to react a certain way to events? will good guys and bad guys hang out behind the scenes?!!?! Are kane and the undertaker not brothers????

my whole world has been flipped upside down, If you can't trust professional wrestling to be on the up and up, what other athletic events might be affected?

THE WORLD MADE SENSE AN HOUR AGO!!!

http://www.cagesideseats.com/2012/8/26/3268976/video-john-cena-upstages-cm-punk-at-nxt-taping#storyjump

And people thought Ryback was getting over... :rolleyes: I'm questioning every single pop that happens at a WWE event from here on out.

If it was that serious they would have been editing out Cena's boos for the last half decade :rolleyes:

Just let them tell the story

With a taped wrestling show the company has the benefit of editing the situation if they feel they can boost what's happening on screen. This includes crowd noise. They've been doing it since the first wrestling shows hit the airwaves in the 1950s.

Wrestling companies lie to us?

::sadface::

No arguments from me. Although in the early days of Cable and Syndication most of it was a lack of proper audio capture equipment and is forgivable in a lot of circumstances. As it was fairly transparent that it was generic crowd noise to simulate a wrestling show, rather than legit crowd noise.

But I've seen more than a few on this board, and otherwise, buy into the questionable pop. It's 2012. This inexcusable at any level.

Sunlight, it disinfects. And they wouldn't do it if it didn't work.

I had to mark out a little for Punk singing Andy Kaufman's old song out there!

"I'm the king! I'm the king! I'm the king of Memphis, Tennessee!!!!""

T'was the greatness!

:cool::eek::):eek::cool:

"I want complete silence!" Maybe if Drew McIntyre or Jinder Mahal yelled that, they might *not* get silence for once.

There was a bunch of sloppy botches. Meffew will have a field day with yesterday's Raw.

I don't care for Punk going after King but I guess they wanna go full heel turn by the winter's main PPVs so he can (presumably) fight The Rock at Wrestlemania. Easiest way to go full heel? Beat up Jerry Lawler.

Its a little disappointing that WWE cant seem to write an interesting heel turn that doesn't involve a guy becoming little more than a school yard bully.