The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

They're good. But I have a tough time seeing another comedy character making it...

If anything I can see THE USA GUY! becoming a firm midcarder. Batemann has already shown that he can do some funny stuff (Bryan and Batemann were the best thing about NXT4). Batemann could be like Angle was, a goofy patriotic face or heel. And it gives Cesaro a challenger for the US belt. Have Cesaro run down the USA and have Batemann protect it.

Has everyone else here been watching the promos for 'The USA Guy?' Hilarious! Here are a couple of them:

These are just great, IMHO!

If anything I can see THE USA GUY! becoming a firm midcarder. Batemann has already shown that he can do some funny stuff (Bryan and Batemann were the best thing about NXT4). Batemann could be like Angle was, a goofy patriotic face or heel. And it gives Cesaro a challenger for the US belt. Have Cesaro run down the USA and have Batemann protect it.

Bateman deserves a shot. They've already set up the Bateman vs Cesaro feud by having Cesaro anti-America and pro-Europe. Give Ryder a US title shot, show the USA Guy promos on SD then have Bateman run in to save Ryder from a Cesaro beatdown after losing. I think this is one over-the-top comedy gimmick that could work.

One of my favorite things that Bateman has done was when he was still wrestling around here in the indies. He was a heel, but he'd come to the ring with his ear buds and iPod going and he told us we weren't good enough to hear his entrance music. He strutted to the ring and danced to his music.

It was hilarious.

One of my favorite things that Bateman has done was when he was still wrestling around here in the indies. He was a heel, but he'd come to the ring with his ear buds and iPod going and he told us we weren't good enough to hear his entrance music. He strutted to the ring and danced to his music.

It was hilarious.

That sounds utterly brilliant. :D

Kane and Daniel Bryan are amazing

They really are. WWE has come a long way in 3 years since the whole Nexus angle. Lots of new top guys that I really like.

Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Wade Barrett (even though he is out), CM Punk, Alberto Del Rio, and Sheamus. Love the top half of the WWE right now.

WWE and TNA both have come a long way and I feel like wrestling is returning to where it needs to be again. Proud to be a wrestling fan.

Didn't watch the Kane/Bryan segments from last week, but I love it! And now I also see why people keep saying #Harold (didn't know it was Scorpio Sky at first). Daniel looks a little stiff--then again he's never been much of a skit guy but still this is great work!

BTW--I wanna see more of Mysterio and Sin Cara as a tag team. WWE could have Rey teach Sin how to work the WWE style as a luchador kinda like how in Tigerkinney's awesome DIASPORA diary he has Zodiac keeping Talisman in line with his attitude and also sharpening his skills.

Kane/Bryan skits are great. #AwkwardHug. I like the subtle changes to Bryan's shirt (No stickers over the top of the Yes's).

#1 burn - Aj to Matt Striker - "Who are you?"

#2 burn - Miz to Layla - "She's a 10, you're like a 2." (Layla & Miz drowning out Cole was also awesome!)

Sheamus winning with a Texas Cloverleaf was a nice surprise.

The seeds are being sown for Team AJ vs Team Vicki at Survivor Series.

Cena v Del Rio - Really good match.

Wth are you guys talking about? I mean, you're not talking about the ending? You're not talking about the guy who was driving the car to which CM Punk went into!?

Totally missed that. Had to google it to find out who it was. Not sure if I like it or not but 2 of the best mic workers in WWE joining forces could be dynamite.

Crazy Raw post show

http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6248&dateline=1346734262

BTW--I wanna see more of Mysterio and Sin Cara as a tag team. WWE could have Rey teach Sin how to work the WWE style as a luchador kinda like how in Tigerkinney's awesome DIASPORA diary he has Zodiac keeping Talisman in line with his attitude and also sharpening his skills.

It seems like a logical fit to me. Can't believe they haven't gone with it. Maybe one (or both) don't like the idea.

It seems like a logical fit to me. Can't believe they haven't gone with it. Maybe one (or both) don't like the idea.

I think you might have it there, my sense is Rey thinks he's a little beyond the tag division.

I'd love to see the DB/Kane team. mabey that could convince Rey, if they rebuilt the tag division a bit.

Well, Meltzer's been talking about how they want to do the classic WWE "make a tag-team to split them" feud. I think the reason it's taken so long is because I'm not sure either want to turn heel.

Rumor is that it's Mask vs. Mask at Wrestlemania... but I can't see it happening.

Well, Meltzer's been talking about how they want to do the classic WWE "make a tag-team to split them" feud. I think the reason it's taken so long is because I'm not sure either want to turn heel.

Rumor is that it's Mask vs. Mask at Wrestlemania... but I can't see it happening.

It should logically happen at some point imo. The classic feud works everytime. Mask vs Mask could become huge one day, but I think Sin Cara is indeed a little too new for it to happen now. Did we even have a mask vs mask lucha match in WWE for the past decade? I can't remember tbh.

But like you say, Rey's not meant to be heel. Not sure if anybody would buy it... ever. Sin Cara might still have potential as a heel, but I base that on nothing as I've yet to see a third match from him. :p

Gotta say I was more than a little disappointed with Raw this week. I think I enjoyed 2 matches and 1 promo during the whole 3 hours (well 2 hours 5 minutes if you take out ad breaks). It was obvious to me that they couldn't fill those hours because there were too many "tension building" stall moments, and that hug it out crap lasted way too long! I don't want to see 2 men hug, it's a career killer. Luckily they both managed to get a measure of their self respect back with the assault afterwards but still. AJ building up to her apologies to Vicky lasted too long, in fact that entire segment was too long. The Diva match was absolutely dire. Can't stand Eve, fugly as hell - Miz saying she's a 10 was like telling Sloth from Goonies he's gonna marry Mila Kunis one day. Miz on commentary was "cringe-worthy" and his back and forth with Layla, jeez these 2 need to get a room and hump it out - would have garnered more interest than hug it out!

So this weeks...

Top 3 MUST WATCH RAW MOMENTS

#1 - Orton vs. Dolph Ziggler [The match was one of the shining moments]

#2 - CM Punk... it's all I need to say.

#3 - John Cena vs. Alberto Del Rio [i think Del Rio is amazing and it's nice to see WWE finally tap into his MMA past and give him that mean streak he was lacking before.]

TOP 3 TURN OFF RAW MOMENTS

#1 - Hug it out with Daniel Bryan and Kane [i ended up using this as a toilet break, thankfully when I cam back, Kane looked like he was going to break Bryans neck!

#2 - Jack Swagger losing to Sheamus and then walking out, I mean who the hell cares? He's boring, annoying and has been used as fodder.

#3 - Everything else that happened on Raw! It was a 3 star (out of 10) show IMO and that is me being overly generous.

Having seen Smackdowns! Results.... I'm steering clear of that show for... well forever!