The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

<p><a href="http://www.24wrestling.com/victim-of-cm-punk-attack-not-pressing-charges/" rel="external nofollow">http://www.24wrestling.com/victim-of-cm-punk-attack-not-pressing-charges/</a></p><p> </p><p>

Good news, looks like this guy has enough class and compassion to know it was all a misunderstanding and not press charges, unlike most people in this country. Gotta feel bad for him though, being struck by your idol, all because some asshole was trying to push him down the steps and Punk mistook the innocent guy closest behind him for it.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="infinitywpi" data-cite="infinitywpi" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>What I think WWE needs to do:<p> </p><p> Treat Raw like three different shows.</p><p> </p><p> First hour: Raw Family. Short matches, lots of comedy. Brodus, Santino, the Divas (to provide female role models), etc will go here. Cartoonish heels, fun faces, shorter matches, more segments.</p><p> </p><p> Second hour: Raw Action. Segment, 15-20 minute match, segment, segment, 15-20 minute match, segment. Longer matches to show off the tag teams, the midcarders, the ones who can actually go for more than five minutes. The IC and US titles tend to stay here, and the Tag Titles as well. Sometimes they'll show up on Raw Family for short squashes.</p><p> </p><p> Third Hour: Raw Extreme. It's late. The kids are asleep. Let Punk and Cena call each other assholes. Let the Divas show a bit more skin. Let there be some blood from time to time. Let it loose. Let the big titles be determined here. Let wild and crazy stuff happen.</p><p> </p><p> And here's the kicker: Stuff from the first and last shows? Never get replayed on each other. Raw Family will never recap last week's Raw Extreme. Raw Extreme will never replay someone throwing water on Brodus while he's dancing to start a feud. They stuff can overlap with Raw Action -- but not to the other end of the show.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> People are already throwing in the towel at 10PM, this would almost guarantee that continues. The 11PM hr just needs to go. If the rating continue to trend, they'll be 2.0 before the end of football season and USA will cancel them. I'm actually kind of rooting for this to happen. The US wrestling scene needs to be burned to the ground, so it can be rebuilt from the ground up.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Killagy" data-cite="Killagy" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><a href="http://www.24wrestling.com/victim-of-cm-punk-attack-not-pressing-charges/" rel="external nofollow">http://www.24wrestling.com/victim-of-cm-punk-attack-not-pressing-charges/</a><p> </p><p> Good news, looks like this guy has enough class and compassion to know it was all a misunderstanding and not press charges, unlike most people in this country. Gotta feel bad for him though, being struck by your idol, all because some asshole was trying to push him down the steps and Punk mistook the innocent guy closest behind him for it.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> If the kid really is a huge CM Punk fan I bet Punk and WWE can make his world an awesome place. </p><p> </p><p> I wish it would happen to me. I wouldn't want a dime from them but I'd ask to let me access their picture vault and have digitals of classic photos from the WWF, WCW and ECW in the late 90s! I'd sign something never to resell the images just want them for TEW!</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="bigtplaystew" data-cite="bigtplaystew" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I respect the hell out of that dude for not being a litigious crybaby. He was at a wrestling show, crap got crazy he's fine. That's the kind of stuff we don't see too often.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><p> Well, as glad as I am he isn't pressing his valid assualt and battery claim, he goes on to say that he is strongly considering suing civially. </p><p> </p><p> And I can't say I blame him on that one, he'll get paid off if he does, to keep it out of court. Realisticly he probley doesn't have much in the way of damages to claim, since it appears he wasen't really injured, but Vince will be anxious not to have the WWE exposed in a civil lawsuit.</p><p> </p><p> Plus i mean, the guy did get punched in the face (twice) for no reason on national television so Its not like he's lawsuit trolling. </p><p> </p><p> Heck, if the photographer Rodman kicked got 250K in 1990 for a settlement, this dud will probley get at least that to keep his mouth shut and sign off on never mentioning it to anyone again, ever.</p>

Well, as glad as I am he isn't pressing his valid assualt and battery claim, he goes on to say that he is strongly considering suing civially.

And I can't say I blame him on that one, he'll get paid off if he does, to keep it out of court. Realisticly he probley doesn't have much in the way of damages to claim, since it appears he wasen't really injured, but Vince will be anxious not to have the WWE exposed in a civil lawsuit.

Plus i mean, the guy did get punched in the face (twice) for no reason on national television so Its not like he's lawsuit trolling.

Heck, if the photographer Rodman kicked got 250K in 1990 for a settlement, this dud will probley get at least that to keep his mouth shut and sign off on never mentioning it to anyone again, ever.

Yeah I don't think it makes him a crybaby to want compensation of some sort for getting punched twice by a professional wrestler for doing nothing on national television.

Eh, I think this is basically the WWE's fault for not having security there to prevent it. Punk was standing there for thrity seconds getting smacked in the back until he lost it and retaliated; admittedly at the wrong person.

It's never good for a wrestler to hit a fan, but they put Punk in a bad position having to stand there and watch Vince cut a promo while being surrounded by a mob of fans with security no where to be seen.

The only thing I would want if I was the guy that got smacked is an apology from Punk. Not much to ask for.

yea, thats real easy to say before it happens to you. I mean, we'd all like to think that we'd be some saint and say "well all i need is an autographed T-shirt, and I won't sue and get a pretty much automatic settlement from a company with unlimited ability to settle."

But If I went to a celtics game, for example, and all of the sudden one of the athletes punched me square in the mug 2 times for no reason, I think it might be awfully tempting to look at it and say "ok, that's worth a little from wyc grossback to keep my mouth shut. He can buy my good PR"

not saying I would, but it might be tempting with 100K of grad school loans left to pay off ;)

EDIT: and tibs, I agree to a large extent. I think at some level punk shares blame for losing his cool (just move from that section, ya know?) but overall bad move on WWE not to have security in the proper area for a crowd skit.

yea, thats real easy to say before it happens to you. I mean, we'd all like to think that we'd be some saint and say "well all i need is an autographed T-shirt, and I won't sue and get a pretty much automatic settlement from a company with unlimited ability to settle."

But If I went to a celtics game, for example, and all of the sudden one of the athletes punched me square in the mug 2 times for no reason, I think it might be awfully tempting to look at it and say "ok, that's worth a little from wyc grossback to keep my mouth shut. He can buy my good PR"

not saying I would, but it might be tempting with 100K of grad school loans left to pay off ;)

EDIT: and tibs, I agree to a large extent. I think at some level punk shares blame for losing his cool (just move from that section, ya know?) but overall bad move on WWE not to have security in the proper area for a crowd skit.

I think you misunderstand the point I was making. Maybe I didn't explain as well as I should have.

If WWE asked me what I wanted after the incident, I would find it hard to say "financial compensation". I might ask for some free merch and an apology from Punk, but I don't think I would have the stones to say I want lots of money or something of that order.

I think you misunderstand the point I was making. Maybe I didn't explain as well as I should have.

If WWE asked me what I wanted after the incident, I would find it hard to say "financial compensation". I might ask for some free merch and an apology from Punk, but I don't think I would have the stones to say I want lots of money or something of that order.

Well, in essence that's not what he's planning on doing (lawyer dork moment)

He's going to sue, one would assume, for the tort of assualt and battery. Now, take all this with a grain of salt on the specifics, because I'm only familiar with Massachussets law (hard enough to keep one state stright for the bar) but that tort does not allow for punitive damages, so he'll only be able to get his medicals, lost wages, ect.

Now, its (unfortunatly) become commonplace here in Mass to tack on the tort of intentional infliction of emotional distress, since you can then get the allmighty pain and suffering damages which can be huge.

So if he sues, it wouldn't be him ASKING for a large some of money unrelated to what happened to him. However, we can make the logical assumption that to Vince, not having to defend in open court (and thus on the recored) for months might be worth a premium. Thats WWE's preogative.

I mean yes, if the fan decides to sue, it will be to attempt to pry a settlement out of WWE, so it's all dumb semantics on my part. At some level he kinda is asking the WWE for money. but the WWE could say "no, you have no/ marginal medical bills. we're going to fight you on this."

On a side note, how bout the moron who is actually hitting punk in this video going on Twitter and saying how big a man he is for kidney shotting punk and what a tough guy he is for making this happen.

Ummm bro, you just see that kid get 3 years for sexual assualt because he thought it was hillarious to post that video of himself t-bagging a rival college football fan? Facebook & twitter are public statements against intrest, law enforcement is all over that now.

Certainly no threat of a huge sentance here, but How funny and fitting would it be if they go after that D.B for assualt and battery? ;)

Really off-topic but I just have to say this:

Money In The Bank 2011 John Cena Vs CM Punk. That's the pinnacle, the highest peak of WWE in my eyes for past.. 7-8 years or so. Easily in my Top 5 best matches of all time. I just watched it again and it brought me back to that day. It was like 6AM, sun was rising. It was one of my first PPV's I've bought from WWE online. I was so hyped. So so hyped. Troughout that match I laughed, cried, jumped up on my chair.. Everything. Last five minutes I had my headphones on almost max volume as I kept staring at the screen. Every twist and turn filled with emotions. I so so wanted Punk to win.

1.. 2.. 3! .. I think the whole building heard me shout and jump in joy. It was the single best thing in wrestling in years. I couldn't believe it, I just couldn't. I couldn't get barely any sleep that night.

Fast forward to this day: Meh. Nothing really changed, did it? I was so filled with hope. Hope for a better WWE. Hope for change. -.- But for that one evening. For that one match. I was the wrestling fan, the kid I used to when I was, what, 10-14.. And it was a great feeling. :)

So I had an hour to kill and I decided to watch Smackdown, which I hardly ever watch. I was enjoying it until "The Band" made its way onto the show. Holy crap talk about three guys who I could care less about and now they are in some crappy stable where they play air guitar. Who in the blue bloody hell thought up this crap?:eek:

Then to top it off they have them taking on two other people that are channel changers for me. I mean I like comedy characters in wrestling, Sharkboy as Stone Cold, Eric Yong doing his thing in TNA, Jim Duggan in WCW. However, I just can't with Santino. To me he is just not funny at all and I do not care about Ryder one way or the other.

Well I ended up changing the channel right away because I was not about to sit through that crap.

So I had an hour to kill and I decided to watch Smackdown, which I hardly ever watch. I was enjoying it until "The Band" made its way onto the show. Holy crap talk about three guys who I could care less about and now they are in some crappy stable where they play air guitar. Who in the blue bloody hell thought up this crap?:eek:

Then to top it off they have them taking on two other people that are channel changers for me. I mean I like comedy characters in wrestling, Sharkboy as Stone Cold, Eric Yong doing his thing in TNA, Jim Duggan in WCW. However, I just can't with Santino. To me he is just not funny at all and I do not care about Ryder one way or the other.

Well I ended up changing the channel right away because I was not about to sit through that crap.

Im with you on that one, I don't mind Santino every once in a while but I absolutely HATE and I Mean HATE Zack Ryder.

SD was pretty average but worth it for JBL/Matthews on commentary. I'm glad they're freshening things up.

JBL was on fire:

"Cinch it in! I've never liked Matt Striker."

"That's not an announcer, that's Matt Striker."

As for the Midcard Mafia, I prefer them as solo wrestlers. Maybe they will be part a Survivor Series tag match full of midcarders.

At the end of RAW there was a contract signing. Cena, Punk and Vince promoed a little while until Cena started saying the line 'Feed, me, more!" over and over again, jumping out of the ring, letting Ryback sign the contract for the match. Huge "Feed Me More" chants on Ryback's match earlier and at the end of the show. Ryback slammed Punk's head to the table then did his finisher.

At the end of RAW there was a contract signing. Cena, Punk and Vince promoed a little while until Cena started saying the line 'Feed, me, more!" over and over again, jumping out of the ring, letting Ryback sign the contract for the match. Huge "Feed Me More" chants on Ryback's match earlier and at the end of the show. Ryback slammed Punk's head to the table then did his finisher.

Took me by suprise but I figure it will turn into a triple threat match (if Cena is cleared to compete) and Punk will retain. Lesnar interference would be nice to set up Team Heyman vs Team McMahon for Survivor Series but I'm not holding my breath.

I'll say this... Ryback has grown on me, and part of it is the subtle things.

He's been going around, saying 'Feed Me More', and us internet guys are like, hurr hurr, they're feeding him jobbers, so feed him more jobbers... then he slowly moves up the ladder... and then, last night, three words.

Feed. Me. Punk.

The guy views the WWE champion, not as a threat, not as competition, but as just someone else to be fed to him. To him, Punk is just another one-night jobber.

That speaks a hell of a lot to his character, really. I like it. And I look forward to Ryback/Lesnar at Wrestlemania... provided, of course, Ryback doesn't mess up at Hall in a Cell. If he gets blown up after four minutes and Punk has to carry him for another fifteen, then he's not seeing a main event for a long time...

I'll say this... Ryback has grown on me, and part of it is the subtle things.

He's been going around, saying 'Feed Me More', and us internet guys are like, hurr hurr, they're feeding him jobbers, so feed him more jobbers... then he slowly moves up the ladder... and then, last night, three words.

Feed. Me. Punk.

The guy views the WWE champion, not as a threat, not as competition, but as just someone else to be fed to him. To him, Punk is just another one-night jobber.

That speaks a hell of a lot to his character, really. I like it. And I look forward to Ryback/Lesnar at Wrestlemania... provided, of course, Ryback doesn't mess up at Hall in a Cell. If he gets blown up after four minutes and Punk has to carry him for another fifteen, then he's not seeing a main event for a long time...

I feel exactly the same way. I've actually grown to like Ryback's bit, it's been awhile since we had a face who just legitimately looks like a monster and has that... i dunno, raw intensity type charisma that Ryback has.

I thought the slam punk's head on the table bit was awesome last night as well.

But, if he gets blown up in 5 minutes....then it doesn't matter how much of a Badass they can convince me he is, he's not going to be able to put on consistently impactful matches.

Hell in a Cell should be interesting, I hope they keep it 1 v 1 and they just know Ryback can actually hang from in company knowledge. (hell mabey he's put on great long form matches in developmental and thier just keeping it back as a surprise.)

Hell in a Cell should be interesting, I hope they keep it 1 v 1 and they just know Ryback can actually hang from in company knowledge. (hell mabey he's put on great long form matches in developmental and thier just keeping it back as a surprise.)

He's been going long on house shows and most reports have the matches as not being very good. Besides, a character like that doesn't really suit long matches, which is where the WWE mentality may come back to haunt them. WWE like long main events in the 15-20 minute range and a guy like Ryback, who isn't the most polished of workers nor does he need to be, is more likely to sink than swim if they insist he goes that long.