The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

Alberto Del Rio vs Batista

When I was at RAW on Feb 3rd, I tried starting a "SI!" chant for Alberto, it didn't catch on but I enjoyed hearing it a bit tonight, gave me a good chuckle. The ending of the match though...what is with WWE booking EVERYBODY to look like jobbers? I've seen a lot of matches lately end after someone hits just a couple moves. I mean you're a wrestler! I don't care if its his finisher, unless its a super complete surprise (Sheamus vs Daniel Bryan at WM) you should have some more fight! Be tough! Eva Marie might actually get a pop from the crowd if the put her against Batista at this point...

Fans like you are what killed the Piledriver and DDT from generating any pop from the crowd. A finisher is a finisher for a reason, it finishes the match. Remember when Kane took 3 Tombstone Piledrivers from the Undertaker to get pinned at Wrestlemania 14? Had anyone kicked out of the Tombstone prior to that match? Why do you think Kane remained over as a motherf'r after that match? Would it had been the same if Shawn Michaels kicked out of 2 tombstones prior to Wrestlemania 14 just a month and a half earlier? Kane got up right after being pinned like a champ too, completely no sold one of the most brutal looking finishers and went on being relativity over until X-Pac beat him with a single X-Factor. Yeah you read that right, 3 tombstones and no sells it only to be pinned by an X-Factor. Really did wonders for both wrestlers right?

How about now a days when everyone kicks out of the Attitude Adjustment or the RKO? Really takes the momentum out of a TV match when you know that your favorite midcarder should be kicking out of the Attitude Adjustment or RKO if he was really over.

Was live at WWE Elimination Chamber last night and I really enjoyed myself. This was the second Elimination Chamber Event I went to live (first was 2012) and while I thought 2012's event was really good I thought that this years event blew 2012's out of the water (from a live fans perspective) It was awesome to be live in the crowd for the Wyatt Family vs. The Shield match and it more than exceeded my expectations. Really enjoyed the Elimination Chamber match as well one of the best Elimination Chamber matches I have seen in quite some time. Money well spent for those two matches alone!

P.S. Even I wasn't expecting the chants that the Batista vs. Del Rio match got so it made it really entertaining. The match wasn't good but I wrote it off as being bad when the match was announced on TV so maybe that's why I hated it which I normally don't like to make up my mind before hand. However If I would have went into that event thinking Del Rio vs. Batista was going to be great and it wasn't then I would have been highly disappointed.

<p><strong>Elimination Chamber Review:</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Rhodes Bros vs Rybaxel</strong> - Solid match. Would have been nice for Rybaxel to win.</p><p>

<strong>Bad News Barrett</strong> - BNB marathon. He's doing a good job with a stilly gimmick.</p><p>

<strong>Swagger vs Big E (IC Title)</strong> - Good long match that both guys really needed to help them get over.</p><p>

<strong>NAO vs The Usos (Tag Titles)</strong> - Fun match. Road Dogg arm-dragging Jey into the turnbuckle was a cool heel move. Should have at least been a DQ finish to set up a WM30 win for the Usos.</p><p>

<strong>Young vs Titus</strong> - OK match but too sloppy. Glad Titus went over.</p><p>

<strong>The Shield vs The Wyatt Family</strong> - Awesome MOTY Contender. I marked out for so many spots and I didn't mind either team winning! Everyone bought their A game but Rollins and Harper really stepped up. Even Rowan was better than usual. The crowd were electric and were rewarded for their enthusiasm.</p><p>

<strong>AJ vs Cameron</strong> - Love AJ's outfit. Watchable for the eye candy, AJ's trolling and Tamina superkicking AJ. But Cameron was sloppy.</p><p>

<strong>Batista vs Del Rio</strong> - Nice troll-job from Del Rio that got him some cheers. Match was OK. Batista sold well enough for Del Rio. I know people are unhappy but the negative crowds are making Batista's return </p><p>

even worse. Batista may suck on the mic but it's not like Rock was any better in the ring and Rock also got hotshotted into the main event (just not as quickly) and didn't get crapped on for it.</p><p>

<strong>Chamber Match (WWE Title)</strong> - Great match even with a predictable result and overbooked ending.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Verdict:</span></strong> One of the better PPVs in the last year. 3 quality matches, including an all-time classic between the Shield and the Wyatts. The rest was average. Batista vs Orton is going to crapped on if Bryan isn't inserted in the match and WWE know it. But if they don't think it'll tank the Network Subscriptions and buyrates they probably won't change their plans.</p><p> </p><p>

<span>http://i.imgur.com/7CJwMj7.gif</span></p>

<p>its working on my phone. Laptop was working but its down and xbox never would work because it wouldn't accept my wwe info.</p><p> </p><p>

JBL was blabbing on twitter about how he'll be on tv hyping this today. I suggested instead of Hogan they have Obama host WM30 since wwe apparently hired his company to host the network.</p><p> </p><p>

From what I saw, it was very cool but this shit shouldn't have happened launch or no launch. If people are flooding them to watch a world class show from 1982 (its actually available) what gonna happen on WM Sunday?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Consrvtve" data-cite="Consrvtve" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>its working on my phone. Laptop was working but its down and xbox never would work because it wouldn't accept my wwe info.<p> </p><p> JBL was blabbing on twitter about how he'll be on tv hyping this today. I suggested instead of Hogan they have Obama host WM30 since wwe apparently hired his company to host the network.</p><p> </p><p> From what I saw, it was very cool but this shit shouldn't have happened launch or no launch. If people are flooding them to watch a world class show from 1982 (its actually available) what gonna happen on WM Sunday?</p></div></blockquote><p> Being in the UK I don't have access to the WWE Network at the moment, but I will say that with any launch of something like this there will always be hiccups. Do you think online services like Netflix and Spotify started out amazing, with no issues? I've been with Spotify a long time, and it still has issues. It's day one, people are flooding it to see what is available, even those that know they won't be getting it are looking just so they can certify to themselves that it isn't for them. Come WrestleMania all the kinks will be ironed out, and it'll be running smooth. You could do the best possible polls and survey's to get an idea of the amount of traffic you'll receive on launch day, but you'll never be fully prepared.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Consrvtve" data-cite="Consrvtve" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>xbox never would work because it wouldn't accept my wwe info.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Xbox 360 isn't working for me either! I put in my email and password and it's saying it's the wrong email/password. Even though it's not! So I sign off my laptop thinking "maybe it's conflicting accounts that's causing the problem". Same "username/password not recognized" error pops up! </p><p> </p><p> No big deal, I'll just sign back in on my laptop. NOPE! Frozen and won't let me sign back in due to high demand! Argh!!</p><p> </p><p> ::bites fist::</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Smasher1311" data-cite="Smasher1311" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>OMG...i can't get WWE Network...it's taking a lifetime to load the page and when it does, it takes a lifetime to get to the next section too...WTF?</div></blockquote><p> Isn't it only in the US right now?</p><p> </p><p> Either way, not loading for me either. I just get a blank page with some gibberish characters. No surprise really; demand has to be sky high right now.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="The Final Countdown" data-cite="The Final Countdown" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Isn't it only in the US right now?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It's meant to be, but people are signing up using a fake address and paying with paypal (including me once the initial surge dies down). Don't know if they will try to stop this in the future though.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="The Final Countdown" data-cite="The Final Countdown" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Isn't it only in the US right now?<p> </p><p> Either way, not loading for me either. I just get a blank page with some gibberish characters. No surprise really; demand has to be sky high right now.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yeah, but i'm using a fake address.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="mitsukaikira" data-cite="mitsukaikira" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Because everyone in the world is using a fake address and clogging the servers.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> LOL, yeah. My friends here in Brazil are doing it too.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="mitsukaikira" data-cite="mitsukaikira" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Because everyone in the world is using a fake address and clogging the servers.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Damn foreigners <em>sneaking</em> across internet borders taking our bandwidth.</p><p> </p><p> <span>http://i.snag.gy/E0NG7.jpg</span></p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Smasher1311" data-cite="Smasher1311" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>LOL, dude's upset</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Heh, must be. I haven't even tried to access the site yet because I know it's going to be impossible for a week or so. =)</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Smasher1311" data-cite="Smasher1311" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>LOL, yeah. My friends here in Brazil are doing it too.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Were they successful?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jaysin" data-cite="Jaysin" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Didn't they advertise that the Monday Night Wars show was supposed to be on here? Can't find it anywhere.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Hasn't started yet, the only new shows that have anything is Countdown and Wrestlemania Rewind (each has one episode). I looked at the schedule for this week and haven't seen the Monday Night Wars show listed.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="mitsukaikira" data-cite="mitsukaikira" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Because everyone in the world is using a fake address and clogging the servers.</div></blockquote><p> If they didn't anticipate and plan for that, it's their own fault.</p>

So, answering my own question, I've seen some successfull cases of people ordering outside of the U.S. but still I'm not gonna order it now. Probably going to wait and see the initial reaction. Besides, if they don't improve their product until WM, there's really no point in me supporting their wallets when WM (at least right now) is not something I'm craving to see. They need to get their shit together before I can even think about buying.