The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Hive" data-cite="Hive" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Really? It's not like he was mistreated or anything; he walked out because he didn't feel a match against the guy running the company was a big enough match for him for WrestleMania, and insisted on being in the main event. That's not "standing up for yourself", that's being a little spoiled princess. And he completely screwed all his fans while doing so. Walking out <em>right</em> before a show you are scheduled to appear on, where your fans have paid to see you wrestle, is so absurdly unprofessional that, from the top of my head, I can only think of one guy who did it before at this level: The Ultimate Warrior. And I'm not sure that's the type of guy Punk would want to be associated with...</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Stone Cold Steve Austin did the same thing as well. I love Steve Austin he's my favorite wrestler of all time and his reasoning behind his walking out actually makes a lot of sense but I still don't agree with it.</p><p> </p><p> CM Punk on the other hand walked out because he's a stubborn jerk plain and simple.</p>

<p>The HoF was a mixed bag. Lita went on way too long. The hornswoggle/el torito bit was awkward. and mr T's speech was just boring.</p><p> </p><p>

But Warrior's speech was very good and surprisingly straight forward haha. The speech that stole the show had to be Jake's. WOW. The stuff that guy has been through... to see him just baring his soul like that. Really deeply moving, and in a dark way extremely inspirational. Really powerful stuff.</p>

<p>Jake absolutely stole the show. I think most people expected his speech to be one of the best though.</p><p> </p><p>

Mr T was bizarre, shame Scott Hall got such little time but I guess Triple H asked his buddy to help make up for everyone else running on. Not surprising to see Carlito still being a whiny so-and-so, if he's so sick of performing in bingo halls maybe don't take shots at a company that might've brought you back as part of "Operation Charm The WWC Library Out Of Carlos Colon" during their HOF show.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Hive" data-cite="Hive" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Really? It's not like he was mistreated or anything; he walked out because he didn't feel a match against the guy running the company was a big enough match for him for WrestleMania, and insisted on being in the main event. That's not "standing up for yourself", that's being a little spoiled princess. And he completely screwed all his fans while doing so. Walking out <em>right</em> before a show you are scheduled to appear on, where your fans have paid to see you wrestle, is so absurdly unprofessional that, from the top of my head, I can only think of one guy who did it before at this level: The Ultimate Warrior. And I'm not sure that's the type of guy Punk would want to be associated with...</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> OR, maybe that was the cherry on top of everything visibly (and behind the scenes) going wrong with the direction of the company</p><p> </p><p> Let's face it, Punk vs HHH meant that Bryan would neither be in the title match or facing HHH.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Teh_Showtime" data-cite="Teh_Showtime" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Let's face it, Punk vs HHH meant that Bryan would neither be in the title match or facing HHH.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Oh come on, do you for a second think that Punk cared about where on the card Bryan was placed? He was whiny because *he*, the "best in the world", almighty CM Punk, wasn't in the main event. He was poised to face Triple H, which for pretty much everyone but Punk would have been a prestigeous match. Heck, most wrestlers would be happy to just <em>be on the card</em> at WrestleMania. Only the biggest Punk fans can see that as being "mistreated".</p>

<p>I'm not saying that he left because Bryan was (very obviously) getting the shaft but let's not act like it was one decision that forced him to leave. The end result is still saving the card from having a disastrous main event so I couldn't care less.</p><p> </p><p>

He's the bad guy either way because he walks out and he's an asshole or if he stays he's just one to talk a big game and do nothing about it</p><p> </p><p>

And on another note:

</p><div class="ipsEmbeddedVideo"><div><iframe width="200" height="113" src="https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/dY5Bpf15Ee8?feature=oembed" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="" title="BRING UP THE MOM-A-METER!"></iframe></div></div>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Hive" data-cite="Hive" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Oh come on, do you for a second think that Punk cared about where on the card Bryan was placed? He was whiny because *he*, the "best in the world", almighty CM Punk, wasn't in the main event. He was poised to face Triple H, which for pretty much everyone but Punk would have been a prestigeous match. Heck, most wrestlers would be happy to just <em>be on the card</em> at WrestleMania. Only the biggest Punk fans can see that as being "mistreated".</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Why should Punk care about Bryan? In the wrestling business you have toonly worry about you. Punk doesn't care about Bryan because if it came to it Bryan would run over Punk if he needed too.</p><p> </p><p> But people who are WWE marks turn against Punk but it's not him to blame it's WWE.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="jwt13" data-cite="jwt13" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Why should Punk care about Bryan? In the wrestling business you have toonly worry about you. Punk doesn't care about Bryan because if it came to it Bryan would run over Punk if he needed too.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I'm not saying he should, I'm saying that the Punk fanboys who <em>do</em> entertain that Punk's reason for quitting was him believing Bryan deserved the main event spot at WrestleMania are delusional.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>But people who are WWE marks turn against Punk but it's not him to blame it's WWE.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I disagree. Punk is apparantly one of those wrestlers who forgets that it is the fans who made him a big name and the fans that ultimately makes his bank account swell; leaving a tv taping where the fans has paid to see him in action is absurdly disrespectful towards them and extremely unprofessional, and cannot be attributed to anyone but Punk himself.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="jwt13" data-cite="jwt13" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Why should Punk care about Bryan? In the wrestling business you have toonly worry about you. Punk doesn't care about Bryan because if it came to it Bryan would run over Punk if he needed too.<p> </p><p> But people who are WWE marks turn against Punk but it's not him to blame it's WWE.</p></div></blockquote><p> Punk is to blame. Being a wrestler is like being employed anywhere else, you do as your told to do by your boss. If he's told he isn't main eventing Mania, well, tough. Suck it up and continue to do as your paid to do.</p><p> </p><p> Some guys take themselves too seriously. He's paid to pretend to fight, that is all.</p>

Wait, did he leave because he was tired/worn out or because he wanted to main event Wrestlemania? It couldn't possibly be both because unfortunately, if you're "the guy" who is wrestling in the main event of Wrestlemania and/or winning the WWE World Championship, you're naturally going to have the most hectic schedule.

Anyone else watching on WWE Network via PS3 having issues? It keeps doing this thing where it jumps back a few seconds. I've tried restarting the app numerous times, but it's been doing it a lot throughout the whole show.

Other than that, I can't really complain about the Network's first big stream.

The show itself has been good. Didn't think Cena should have won, but hopefully the feud isn't over.

Anyone else watching on WWE Network via PS3 having issues? It keeps doing this thing where it jumps back a few seconds. I've tried restarting the app numerous times, but it's been doing it a lot throughout the whole show.

Other than that, I can't really complain about the Network's first big stream.

The show itself has been good. Didn't think Cena should have won, but hopefully the feud isn't over.

Yeah. We've had a few hiccups and one freeze during the battle royal. Nothing in the last two matches though.

I thought the Cena/Wyatt match was actually a really good psychological match. Sure, there weren't really any spots and nothing memorable in terms of action, but they told the story well. I don't think any match so far has been particularly memorable in the action stakes though; really disappointed The Shield match was just a squash.

By the way, Cesaro getting his Wrestlemania moment made me literally jump up from my seat in elation. I actually had a feeling there would be a slam on the giant (Big Show) in recognition of Andre the Giant (since it was his memorial trophy and all that) but as I said in the prediction contest thingy, I thought it would be Sheamus. Really disappointed with the "mystery" three though, why didn't they just announce them? Oh, and where was Christian?

I honestly can't decide if they're using the shoulder injury to Daniel Bryan as further fuel for the underdog status for ultimate payoff or if they're doing it so when he loses, it allows them to continue The Authority feud and continue Daniel in the 'can't quite get over the line' role. -.-

<p>You gotta admit, </p><p>

this wrestlemania is memorable. I mean I knew the streak was going to be broken, but to LESNAR? I mean hes a part time wrestler. I mean... I cant literally believe this just happened.....</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

You have my UNDYING Respect Taker</p>