The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

Nice RAW this week, but a couple of missed opportunities: Roman not capitalizing on the "believe that" instance. New Day blowing the trumpet during a Cesaro Swing.

It makes sense to opt for the Hitman given the parallel with Flair, but it would also have been nice to see Kidd (if he's ready for a role like that).

I always like it more with alive crowds like the past weeks.

With all this reuniting of the Bullet Club talk I was thinking of how I would book and was curious to find out what others thought.

This is howw I would do it

- Roman Reigns defeats. AJ Styles at Payback - Respectful hand shake

- Next raw AJ, Anderson & Gallows defeat Roman and The Usos

- Anderson & Gallows attack Roman & The Usos / AJ saves them

- Anderson & Gallows claim that AJ was never a true leader yadayada

- AJ Styles & Roman Reigns defeat. Gallows & Anderson via. DQ on Raw

- AJ Styles challenges Gallows and Anderson to a match at Extreme Rules

- Gallows and Anderson defeat. AJ Styles & Finn Balor (Mystery Partner)

- Finn Balor turns on AJ midmatch.

- Balor Club vs. AJ Styles Feud

(kinda predictable but a little better then AJ just being the leader of the crew again i feel.)

So this is kind of a spoiler, I guess, but it happened at a house show:

http://www.cagesideseats.com/2016/4/21/11485252/samoa-joe-defeats-finn-balor-to-become-new-nxt-champ-at-lowell-house

Strange way to end his reign.

That kind of annoys me because I am going to the show at URI. My buddy and I were mulling over which show to go to the one in Lowell or the one at URI and we chose the latter because it was closer.

http://www.cagesideseats.com/2016/4/21/11485252/samoa-joe-defeats-finn-balor-to-become-new-nxt-champ-at-lowell-house

I think that's about the 21st non-TV title change in WWF/WWE/ history. The last I remember is Primo & Epico. Vince's idea to boost house show ticket sales I guess.

With all this reuniting of the Bullet Club talk I was thinking of how I would book and was curious to find out what others thought.

This is howw I would do it

- Roman Reigns defeats. AJ Styles at Payback - Respectful hand shake

- Next raw AJ, Anderson & Gallows defeat Roman and The Usos

- Anderson & Gallows attack Roman & The Usos / AJ saves them

- Anderson & Gallows claim that AJ was never a true leader yadayada

- AJ Styles & Roman Reigns defeat. Gallows & Anderson via. DQ on Raw

- AJ Styles challenges Gallows and Anderson to a match at Extreme Rules

- Gallows and Anderson defeat. AJ Styles & Finn Balor (Mystery Partner)

- Finn Balor turns on AJ midmatch.

- Balor Club vs. AJ Styles Feud

(kinda predictable but a little better then AJ just being the leader of the crew again i feel.)

I get the feeling Finn won't be a heel for some time. Gotta milk the Babyface DemonFinn merch sales first.

If they call up Finn soon and take their time you could have the 4 of them as good friends. Put Finn on an undefeated streak heading for a WWE Title shot while AJ gets frustrated he can't beat Reigns without help, so he, Gallows and Anderson turn on Finn. Any combination of Joe, Zayn, Cesaro & Nakamura can join Balor Club to fight against Styles Club. Everyone gets over if it's done right.

I read reports he Finn appeared to injure his ankle/ leg, X up and trainers out, then wrestled another 60 seconds, and lost.

At first i thought maybe he knew he was severely injured and called a hot finish, but the same reports say he limped to the back without assistance, which would seem to indicate it wasn't like a neville situation where he knew he broke it and would be out for a good while immediately in the moment.

Also, anyone else notice that on Raw Reign's a few times once he got riled by the crowd, said "we" when referring to the Roman Empire? he since has swapped back to "I" or "my".

a small part of me wonders if rather than just including the fans in the "empire" or what have you, he had a brain fart and reveled that Roman's going to be the one pulling Doc and Karl's strings.

From what I understand Triple H slipped up when mentioning the participants. Zack Sabre was also mentioned and then put in a qualifier.

Yeah but Noam was then listed as an entrant in the Progress qualifiers announcement page alongside Swann, Gargano, Ciampa, Tozawa, Ho Ho Lun etc.

Is it safe to say he is Lance Storm in demon form????

I liked Lance Storm way more.

One of the things that really annoys me is how much play they give to his "demon" persona. They treat it like he's Keiji Mutoh turning into the Great Muta...except he wrestles the exact same way as usual from what I've seen. He's just a boring dude cosplaying.

Smackdown was good again. Miz was the MVP. YMMV with his gimmick but he's killing it right now. I hope they don't hot-shot the IC title to Cesaro too quickly.

I love Miz right now, but hate Maryse on the mic. Kinda wish she'd stayed away and just let Miz do his thing because he's been really solid.

I still think that Styles is turning Heel before his match with Reigns.

That's because I really can't see Reigns beating a face Styles.

I disagree. Styles is one of the most over babyfaces right now so I expect them to milk it with a slow-burn heel turn. They've also shifted Roman's character to work with the boos not against them and because he's the champ he can beat anyone without looking like an outright heel. I think they will have Gun & Gallows try to interfere but Styles gets distracted trying to stop them and eats a spear. But this is WWE we're talking about so however Vince wants to book it is what we'll get.