The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

God damn Randy Orton is cool, one of WWE's biggest wins in recent memory is how they handled this turn. His mannerisms in that match with Swagger, top notch.

Chris Ben-who?

And Danielson needs to become The Dolphin Master again. Even if that's not going to happen, and even if he's not the type of wrestler that WWE pushes, does that mean I don't think he should get a push? No. I think he could go far, given the chance. I just hope he is given the chance.

Is pushing Bryan Danielson that much more ridiculous than pushing Chris Benoit?

Benoit was 510, 230ish who had a resume that was unbeatable. Trained by the Harts, prospect for Stampede, Top star in NJPW, top star in Mexico, worked in ECW, worked in WCW, and then came to the WWE after he had been pushed as a world class talent on national television for almost a decade.

Danielson was trained by Shawn Michaels in name only. He worked out with Regal and had his respect and sure he toured with other promotions but has spent most of his time in ROH. He's not built near like Benoit was and he was just twittering how he's down to a 170 pounds or so. He's 5'10 and roughly 50 pounds lighter than Benoit.

He doesn't have the world class resume and respect that Benoit had. Is he as good as Benoit? I don't think so, he's good technically but I've not seen Danielson do half the things Benoit did. On top of not looking anything like a star. The guy looks like he has no idea what the gym or a beach look like. He's 170 pounds, no definition, no tan, very little charisma, etc.

I like Bryan and I hope he proves me wrong but being a really good wrestler in ROH where he was given a half hour or more a night to wrestle a match and was pushed as the star is a lot different than wrestling 6 minute matches against whatever monster heel their pushing this week.

CM Punk is 4 inches taller, 50 pounds heavier, bucket loads more charisma and 10 x a better look and it took Punk a while to get a solid, consistant, respectable push. If Punk struggled catching on and getting a solid, credible push then I can't see it happening for Bryan.

I hope he does well and again short term I think he'll get a push out of the gate but he won't be wrestling at Wrestlemania next year. Not the main event but he won't be on the card period unless he grabs a spot in MITB.

#1: I live in a neighborhood that is very much 'the hood'. Most of my neighbors make in the range of 30-50k a year (one's a garbage man. He made 77.3k last year) with often a third of that going to rent (650-1200 a month). So yeah, I get how 100k could seem like a fortune when you're making less than half of that. But that doesn't make it some insanely high number. As chris pointed out, there are DJs who make more than that (I know Skribble did, but he's "famous" and has the car business) and heck, there are STRIPPERS who made more than that. I'd wager an average WWE in-ring performer will tend to make more than the average stripper.

#2: I wonder how they plan to get the title off Bret though.

#1: It's even more money to someone in the South where the pay scale and the cost of living in some areas is half of what people in the North are used to. For example: My brother and I pay the same amount of rent. I live in a 3-bedroom townhouse with 2 1/2 baths in North Carolina. He lives on the top floor of an old rundown building with one bedroom in Pennsylvania.

#2: No telling. They may just let him go out with it and hold a tournament later. Put it up as part of a tag match. He could also drop it next Monday. I've heard Miz was going to feud with Bryan Danielson over it.

Funny thing is Bryan was predicted to win NXT all the way up till he was cut.

Danielson would do better with a mask.

Yes Benoit had a great resume. But that's an apples and oranges comparison. The industry is not in the same state now it was when Benoit was coming up. There is no ECW, TNA is no substitute for WCW and the independent scene is suffering the same audience fragmentation the rest of the business (and media in general) is. How could Danielson put together a more impressive resume today than he already has?

If Benoit were coming up today would WWE allow him to do half the things he used to? WWE could use a new, credible, technical wrestler. Technical wrestling is, after all, low impact and safe.

Our opinions differ on Daniels' charisma. I think he has a fair bit that could fuel a number of solid characters. Not sure how he would work as a heel. Benoit had far more menace than Danielson by far, but more charisma? I still wear my Benoit t-shirt and I'm not sure of that.

Yes, it would be out of character for WWE to push him and I too will be surprised if it happens. But WWE still surprises me fairly often, even today.

I like Bryan but I'd be shocked if he won any championships in the WWE. Like we were talking about earlier he was already charging a lot on the indy scene, make some money, buy a house and a brand new car when you are released you can charge even more on the indy scene but I think thats about all Bryan has to look forward to.

An indy promoter here in NC was planning to book the former Kevin Thorn but changed his mind when the guy wanted $700 just for an autograph session.

Yeah he's at 170 now but OWW has him listed at 190 which I'm guessing is his average weight. The only guy in recent memory to have any real success in the WWE that was under 200 pounds was Rey Mysterio Jr. And like I talked about before Rey has a look that is a ton better than Bryan's as well as a better build as well as bringing a style to the table that can allow him to wrestle big men. Bryan does as well but I would imagine guys would rather miss a few clotheslines and get taken over with a 'rana than they would be technically beaten on the mat by a guy thats a 100 pounds lighter than them. Shoot Evan Bourne is 3 inches shorter and only 20 pounds lighter with again a better look and a better built body. I'm kind of curious why Bryan hasn't been more dedicated in the gym.

Yeah he's at 170 now but OWW has him listed at 190 which I'm guessing is his average weight. The only guy in recent memory to have any real success in the WWE that was under 200 pounds was Rey Mysterio Jr. And like I talked about before Rey has a look that is a ton better than Bryan's as well as a better build as well as bringing a style to the table that can allow him to wrestle big men. Bryan does as well but I would imagine guys would rather miss a few clotheslines and get taken over with a 'rana than they would be technically beaten on the mat by a guy thats a 100 pounds lighter than them. Shoot Evan Bourne is 3 inches shorter and only 20 pounds lighter with again a better look and a better built body. I'm kind of curious why Bryan hasn't been more dedicated in the gym.

At one time Rey was 140 lbs. and a good portion of his larger look came while working for WWE.

Funny thing is Bryan was predicted to win NXT all the way up till he was cut.

I heard from one of the rumor mills that he was intended to win by the writers, and they changed their minds a week or two ago and wanted to have him take the US title some time soon.

But that was (Edit: I think. I'm not gonna check.) 411mania, and I really don't trust them all that much. It's not that I know they're wrong, just that I don't know they're right.

If Benoit were coming up today would WWE allow him to do half the things he used to? WWE could use a new, credible, technical wrestler. Technical wrestling is, after all, low impact and safe.

Uh, I hate to say this, but "safe" and "low impact" is not what I would associate with Benoit. That guy was safe with others, not with himself. "Low Impact"? Oh man, Benoit was pretty hard hitting, if you ask me.

I really like Wade Barrett. If anyone else wins this stupid show, I'm going to want my time back.

You know, seeing Tarver get eliminated again, I think it would've made Tarver more believable as a badass if he'd knocked Striker on his ass. Since he's so mad, and all.

Danielson's actually impressing me on the mic tonight. Oops. Spoiler alert, they brought Danielson back (at least for a promo. I have no idea where they're going from here.)

I'm torn on the Daniel(son) stuff. I mean, sure it was great to see Cole get smacked around...but on the other hand, attacking an announcer? Really? Even if he deserved it...really? An announcer? Also, how did Slater pass Gabriel in the poll after losing to him? Odd.

Wade Barrett is the man. With Daniel(son) gone, he's easily the only one I have any interest whatsoever in seeing when NXT ends. It helps that Jericho is his pro...that man has a future as a manager whenever he doesn't feel like wrestling anymore. At this point, the only reason I watch NXT is to see him scream at the announcers from ringside.

If it wouldn't be pretty weird, I'd definitely see that as a heel turn for Danielson, which wouldn't (IMO) be that bad of an idea. The problem is that Cole kept right on acting like a heel, and his only feud is with the Miz, which makes it... weird.

If it wouldn't be pretty weird, I'd definitely see that as a heel turn for Danielson, which wouldn't (IMO) be that bad of an idea. The problem is that Cole kept right on acting like a heel, and his only feud is with the Miz, which makes it... weird.

I see this being the beginning of them revealing Bryan Danielson and by the way who gives a crap about Cole the goof deserved to get his butt kicked and it is not like Cole didn't approve this in advance.

I see this being the beginning of them revealing Bryan Danielson and by the way who gives a crap about Cole the goof deserved to get his butt kicked and it is not like Cole didn't approve this in advance.

I hope it leads to a night where Cole calls Danielson out, just so we can see Cole scream like Chuck Taylor when he gets a cattle mutilation slapped on him.

I'm torn on the Daniel(son) stuff. I mean, sure it was great to see Cole get smacked around...but on the other hand, attacking an announcer? Really? Even if he deserved it...really? An announcer?.

An announcer who's been lambasting you the whole ride along, I'd say why not. Most wrestlers kayfabe-wise have an 'attitude' and if one catches the announcers talking **** about them, can't rule out a mudhole stomping.

Promo was exquisite.

An announcer who's been lambasting you the whole ride along, I'd say why not. Most wrestlers kayfabe-wise have an 'attitude' and if one catches the announcers talking **** about them, can't rule out a mudhole stomping.

Promo was exquisite.

I agree, and not just cause I'm a Danielson fan.

Announcers will usually speak bad of heelish acts... but, this is the only time someone seems to have been reamed week after week for having a following that isn't WWE grown.

Promo was exquisite.

This, really.

I'm ultra bored of perfectly flawless good guys and cowardly heels. Mix it up, everyone has a line people can cross or a button to push, regardless of how good or friendly you are. Shades of gray, mate.