The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

No, but the only thing they did was having Cryme Tyme steal D&D's car and roll it with divas backstage after D&D beat them. Was a nice touch and it made Cryme Tyme relevant again.

That's a shame. I think the two gimmicks would have worked well in a feud.

Didn't Zeke get hurt?

Yeah I remember reading that. According to wiki he's out till Octoberish. He's on raw now as well officially.

Hope he does well, found him a lot more interesting than most big men mainly based on the whole thing they put over about how intelligent he was etc. Fairly sure in one of Kendrick's promos he was sat there reading the art of war lol.

Yeah I remember reading that. According to wiki he's out till Octoberish. He's on raw now as well officially.

Hope he does well, found him a lot more interesting than most big men mainly based on the whole thing they put over about how intelligent he was etc. Fairly sure in one of Kendrick's promos he was sat there reading the art of war lol.

I thought it was the Cat in the Hat that he was reading? Not even a joke. I swear that's what I remember reading that it was.

He was reading Cat in the Hat. Kendrick's promo was about War and Piece or something and he asked Zeke to quote something, which he did, but he was still reading Cat in the Hat..... Which is reason enough for me to want him to be world champion.

He was reading Cat in the Hat. Kendrick's promo was about War and Piece or something and he asked Zeke to quote something, which he did, but he was still reading Cat in the Hat..... Which is reason enough for me to want him to be world champion.

He quoted the bible, but to me, he quoted Samuel L Jackson from Pulp Fiction. :p

I thought it was the Cat in the Hat that he was reading? Not even a joke. I swear that's what I remember reading that it was.

LOL. Dunno where I got art of war from. Maybe that was in another promo, fairly sure I saw kendrick mention it. But that is awesome.

The Nexus.......

Why I Don't Fear Them

Before the Tie-&-Spit Incident, I had the order of Nexus's dangerousness as such: #1, Bryan Danielson; #2, Stu / Wade Barret; #3, Justin Gabriel guy; and in a tie at #4, everybody else.

From what I'd seen in the ring and the way each character was presented, that was who I thought of when I considered, as a fan, "wow, who'd mess up a WWE star real bad?"

Since Danielson's departure, my rankings haven't changed. Barrett puts 'em down, Gabriel puts 'em out. Everyone else is really lucky to be earning a paycheck from Vince. I still have hope for Otunga, but he really needs his own spotlight, not the Gang Brutality Revue.

Hey, Black Cena could go to TNA, team up with Jay Lethal, and they could do the "gimmick revival" thing for a while, a la Black Machismo. Then, Jay Lethal could turn on Young, with the upshot being I'd never have to see Young bore my TV again. Put Primo over the red-head kid, for all I care. And someone tell the meat-head to stop being a Stone Cold clone. Not cool. Give Tarver Taz or Kane's old hood (combined with the facemask), and let him loose and just psychotically beat the absolute **** out of guys - THEN I might see him as dangerous (and entertaining, and fulfilling his potential).

Why don't I fear "The Nexus"? 'Cause I'm not even sure I covered everybody in my rant... and I only care for accuracy's sake alone if I did leave anybody out.

The Nexus.......

Why I Don't Fear Them

Before the Tie-&-Spit Incident, I had the order of Nexus's dangerousness as such: #1, Bryan Danielson; #2, Stu / Wade Barret; #3, Justin Gabriel guy; and in a tie at #4, everybody else.

From what I'd seen in the ring and the way each character was presented, that was who I thought of when I considered, as a fan, "wow, who'd mess up a WWE star real bad?"

Since Danielson's departure, my rankings haven't changed. Barrett puts 'em down, Gabriel puts 'em out. Everyone else is really lucky to be earning a paycheck from Vince. I still have hope for Otunga, but he really needs his own spotlight, not the Gang Brutality Revue.

Hey, Black Cena could go to TNA, team up with Jay Lethal, and they could do the "gimmick revival" thing for a while, a la Black Machismo. Then, Jay Lethal could turn on Young, with the upshot being I'd never have to see Young bore my TV again. Put Primo over the red-head kid, for all I care. And someone tell the meat-head to stop being a Stone Cold clone. Not cool. Give Tarver Taz or Kane's old hood (combined with the facemask), and let him loose and just psychotically beat the absolute **** out of guys - THEN I might see him as dangerous (and entertaining, and fulfilling his potential).

Why don't I fear "The Nexus"? 'Cause I'm not even sure I covered everybody in my rant... and I only care for accuracy's sake alone if I did leave anybody out.

I hear ya, but that happens in EVERY large stable that's pushing the "We win by Numbers's" angle.

I mean, did anyone really fear Buff Bagwell and Horace Hogan when the NWO was into that stage of it? No, they were just decent workers who added to the number's game shtick.

Switching gears to last night, I really liked smackdown. Very good match by Kofi and Dolph, I like the new ultra violent side they've been letting Kofi show since MITB, really reconnects him to the persona he was displaying back when he first started fueding with Legacy.

Though that match losses points for the "you were to mean!" dq. It was necessary to tell the story at least, but i just hate that ending.

Nice beatdown by the SES as well, and WOOT! punk can wrestle again!

Swagger continues to impress in the ring and menace wise, just wish he gave a better promo. He's tolerable now, but not yet consistent. Some nights he gives you a good one, other times he sounds like david "baby huey " hart smith.

I actually liked both shows from the WWE this week. Thought they both did a good job of setting up SS. We'll see if Raw can do the rare two good shows in a row.

does the spinner on the belt even spin? cant remember the last time I saw it spin

Not the sure about the new logo though. Itll grow on me but I would think there would be better designs out there than that one

I don't think it spins it anymore, but spinner belt has kind of been adopted as its name.

SPOILER ALERT!

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

------------------------------> Dolph Ziggler will defeat Kofi Kingston for the WWE Intercontinental Championship next Smackdown!

My Reply to this - Dang, I was enjoying the pushing of Kofi, Mysterio and Bourne. Bourne's momentum was halted, Mysterio's will now be halted for Kane... who I don't really like as Champion, and Kofi's will now be halted. Dang You WWE what with the stopping the pushing of my favourite guys :-P

why would the spoiler mean an end to Kofi's push?

white text to avoid spoiler myself :D

Dolph's a heel (aka short term holder in wwe today), and a great worker, and they have a nice program going...Pretty sure that's not going to be the end of the fued and in fact i expect Kofi to come out like a house of fire, demand his rematch at SS and either take it back there or the next PPV