The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

There were still some moments where they did differently, though.. if I remember, Rock came out first in his WM15 match against Austin. So overall I'm really not bothered by this aspect anymore. Though it would be nice to have the heel champ come out last more often.

Time to pull the trigger on Sheamus, can't believe how long that guy's been floating around in the middle for. I swear, it's been like over three PPVs this year where he stepped in for an impromptu PPV match.

I don't remember who entered first at Mania 15 but sometimes I can understand why the heel would enter first even if I don't agree with it.

Yeah I really hope that they do something with Sheamus to make him relevant again (he still is just not as much as he used to be). Yeah him being thrown into impromptu matches at three PPVs is really weird and the fact that the Sheamus vs. Daniel Bryan match that was supposed to happen at Mania 27 was taken off of the card the day of the show and made a dark match and then later turned into a battle royal. I wouldn't have minded it if they had just had them have the match (Daniel Bryan vs. Sheamus) as a dark match prior to Mania but the fact that they turned it into a battle royal really made me mad. They should have just made that match a battle royal to begin with.

Sorry for the long rant.

Time to pull the trigger on Sheamus, can't believe how long that guy's been floating around in the middle for. I swear, it's been like over three PPVs this year where he stepped in for an impromptu PPV match.

No kidding and now that Orton is hurt Sheamus definitely needs to be a main event player now more than ever. Something tells me one or more smackdown writers or staff have it in for him. I thought I heard a report about that a while back but never really knew why.

Anyways, should be interesting what they do with Danielson's WHC run. And yes, I still like to call him the American Dragon from time to time.

No kidding and now that Orton is hurt Sheamus definitely needs to be a main event player now more than ever. Something tells me one or more smackdown writers or staff have it in for him. I thought I heard a report about that a while back but never really knew why.

Anyways, should be interesting what they do with Danielson's WHC run. And yes, I still like to call him the American Dragon from time to time.

I have heard that someone in WWE creative didn't like Sheamus as well but I cant remember who it was.

Like I said before, I admit, Moe Hunter was correct. But the drug and alcohol issues he had weren't anything new, or anything *Scott Hall* hasn't done before.

I know you're not arguing with me, and I definitely get the gist of what you're saying, but I don't think Scott Hall is a good example if we're talking about WWE (as opposed to WWF). I don't have the figures in front of me, but I'm pretty sure Hall was gone by the end of 2002 and didn't last as long as Juvi did.

I don't think we can fairly look too far into the past - the things Shawn Michaels did were pretty bad back in the day, but 2006 is a vastly different time to 1994.

I have heard that someone in WWE creative didn't like Sheamus as well but I cant remember who it was.

Sure he hasn't had a title shot for a long time but the last 3-4 months he's taken up Super-Orton's mantle with his winning streak, only marred by the occasional tainted loss, plus his DQ at Survivor Series when he lost his cool. If they gave him a title shot Wrestlemania it would make sense without much effort by the creative team.

Sure he hasn't had a title shot for a long time but the last 3-4 months he's taken up Super-Orton's mantle with his winning streak, only marred by the occasional tainted loss, plus his DQ at Survivor Series when he lost his cool. If they gave him a title shot Wrestlemania it would make sense without much effort by the creative team.

Yea I don't put too much stock into the dirt-sheet driven "this guy doesn't like this guy" stuff. That backstage rumor crap is just that: rumors.

Doesn't mean they're always false. But if I've learned anything reading books from wrestlers and listening to them in real life ("shoot") interviews, a lot of the crap they post on wrestling sites is basically made up garbage that gets passed around like Kelly Kelly ;-)

Doesn't mean they're always false. But if I've learned anything reading books from wrestlers and listening to them in real life ("shoot") interviews, a lot of the crap they post on wrestling sites is basically made up garbage that gets passed around like Kelly Kelly ;-)

Oh man, where did you hear that Kelly Kelly is the new Missy Hyatt?

If I've learned anything from wrestlers books and interviews, it's that they often have an agenda of their own and aren't always honest. Still, gotta keep those fingers buried deep in your ears, right?

If I've learned anything from wrestlers books and interviews, it's that they often have an agenda of their own and aren't always honest. Still, gotta keep those fingers buried deep in your ears, right?

Not Fantabulous... with more sarcastic insults that have no bearing or insight towards the topic at hand.

Yes... words aren't always true. I guess we can agree on that.

My favourite argument of yours against the perils of the nasty sheet writers was when you went on a lengthy tirade against Meltzer for lying and making the claim that Brock Lesnar was going to quit MMA and go back toe WWE; you were so outraged you even went for the all caps approach for some of it to make extra sure we knew how strongly you felt. Of course, the irony in that argument was very rich as you'd relied on complete fabrication to rail on perceived fabrication. Ah, those were the days. Whatever happened to Hive, anyway? He never seems to post anymore.

Orton made the remarks about Kelly Kelly but later apologize and said he was wrong to say what he did, so how much stock can we put in his opinion to begin with?

The truth is that the fights and things said in the interviews are mostly fake to keep up the story. The fact is sometimes people take it to far, or actually get pissed.

You can't listen to most of what's said in interviews or press releases.

From what I have seen, even their *real tell all* books are about 60% fake.

Who cares how many guts Kelly Kellt slept with. Does it effect her job? No.

Does it show on camera? No.

Dies it really matter? No.

There was a rumor back in the day that Nature boy had a few of the ladies. People didn't make a big deal of it because that was his *thing*

Do people come out and say. OMG KANE HATES CENA WHY DOES HE??

It's part if the story, just like the interviews, twitter updates, and everything else.

My favourite argument of yours against the perils of the nasty sheet writers was when you went on a lengthy tirade against Meltzer for lying and making the claim that Brock Lesnar was going to quit MMA and go back toe WWE; you were so outraged you even went for the all caps approach for some of it to make extra sure we knew how strongly you felt. Of course, the irony in that argument was very rich as you'd relied on complete fabrication to rail on perceived fabrication. Ah, those were the days. Whatever happened to Hive, anyway? He never seems to post anymore.

Orton made the remarks about Kelly Kelly but later apologize and said he was wrong to say what he did, so how much stock can we put in his opinion to begin with?

I simply love the fact that you CAN NOT make a point without making blatant flaming insults at people. This is a classic example of how when you have nothing to argue with, you simply go into an off-topic insult.

How have you not been banned?

And Meltzer absolutely put that story out there. So I don't know what you're saying. He took it down later after he was "kindly asked to" according to Sherdog so I mean I dunno what you're getting at there. Oh yea, you're simply insulting me again.

Really, we as fans want to make sense of things, and rely on "insider" stories for that knowledge... even if we don't agree with how it effects the wrestler's, at least we get some kind of explanation as to "why".

I don't like gossip anymore then the next person. However, I feel weird about Sheamus as well, as he seems to be exactly what is needed for Main Eventing in the WWE. He's big, he's not bad in the ring, he can talk, etc.

I don't know if I said this before, but everytime I see him I keep thinking of Hulk Hogan and what his original gimmick was supposed to be. Not exact, but I can't help thinking of that just about everytime the Celtic Warrior comes to the ring.

In out of character scenes (like comic-con or whatever), he seemed to be an unbelievably nice guy on top of it, unlike alot of the other's... Seems to credit everyone but himself for his success.

Probably why hearing that someone doesn't like him in creative, hits a nerve and gets people going one way or the other... as it seems highly unlikely from what we have seen. We have no real knowledge of him other then his promotional ongoing's though.

Who do you think Shaemus should be ahead of on the smackdown side?

I have him as the 5th highest face on that side:

1) Orton

2) Mysterio

3) Big Show

4) Bryan

5) Shaemus

With Orton and Rey Jr out, I have him now in the top 3 faces of the smackdown side. Is there a title run in the near future? I don't know. But he's doing well. To say someone's "keeping him down" seems like a weird thing to say. The guy hasn't been a big factor in PPVs, but he's got TV time almost every single week for the past few years so I doubt there's anyone trying to can him.