The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="djthefunkchris" data-cite="djthefunkchris" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Punks 33, Bryan is 31, Cena is 35. They all need build up, all the time. All three are way to entertaining to not build up. I know you weren't talking about age, but I always feel because of the conversation sometimes, that it's as if Punk and Bryan are this "new generation", as if Cena isn't in that generation. <p> </p><p> However, I agree with you on the fact that Cena doesn't need to be involved in it, but he's going to have to be if he goes for the title, no matter if AJ is involved or not (but she needs to be, unless all the sudden they drop that whole story-line). That's why I was hoping they kept him out of that whole scene, and just brought people back for him to fued with (Rock, Brock, anyone really), so that they still get his drawing power.</p><p> </p><p> The only problem with that is if he doesn't every once in a while, get his hands on the title, he won't stay a draw. You don't want them to lose Cena's drawing power, because that's when you will see EVERYTHING circle around him til' he gets it back (too much money there).</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Cena's not gonna lose drawing power until he can no longer wrestle a regular schedule. He's beyond that.</p><p> </p><p> As far as AJ, I'm kinda hoping after this feud, she winds up with neither man, and moves on to someone/something else. She's into anyone who's into her. Doesn't have to be guys involved in this feud.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Arrows" data-cite="Arrows" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Cena's not gonna lose drawing power until he can no longer wrestle a regular schedule. He's beyond that.<p> </p><p> As far as AJ, I'm kinda hoping after this feud, she winds up with neither man, and moves on to someone/something else. She's into anyone who's into her. Doesn't have to be guys involved in this feud.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I get ya. I was just stating the obvious.</p><p> </p><p> Far as AJ is concerned though, the whole thing started with Bryan claiming basically that she was "bad luck", and whomever she ends up with, she should extent that bad luck. In a way, that's exactly whats been happening. </p><p> </p><p> My point was, and my advice is, don't get all upset if she ends up flirting with Cena too, because right now, seems her circle is around the Main titles. They are getting Cena involved by having him in the MOTB match. That means he is now desiring the title (not him personally, but his character). Time to be able to say "The CHAMP, is HERE!" again, I guess. IF he gets involved in the title picture, I don't see AJ not being a part of it. She may end up being the reason he gets it back, or she may end up all over him, and give him the bad luck and him start losing because he is paying her attention instead of the other guy in the ring. How it would work I'm not sure... Would he just be trying to help her out as a friend, or will they go ahead and have him as an available bachelor that she could possibly hook up with, I don't know. Just think if he gets involved, she's still going to be involved is all I'm saying.</p><p> </p><p> And it might end up doing exactly what you fear.</p>

<p>I'm not following wrestling at all these days, so I might be over simplifying this...but I don't get why people would think that WWE would be scarred to make John Cena the bad guy for a while. </p><p> </p><p>

Didn't WCW have it's most successful run on the back of the biggest wrestling good guy of all time turning bad? All I ever remember Cena being is 'white guy in jean shorts who raps sometimes' - surely a darker take on his character would revitalise him, and give a couple of younger guys the chance to be his foil? Someone said he's 35, so he can't have that long left...give him a few years playing the bad guy, let him go and do some more terrible movies then bring him back in his early 40's for a good guy nostalgia fest. </p><p> </p><p>

Hogan got away with it (good guy, bad guy, good guy nostalgia run) - why not this guy?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="brashleyholland" data-cite="brashleyholland" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I'm not following wrestling at all these days, so I might be over simplifying this...but I don't get why people would think that WWE would be scarred to make John Cena the bad guy for a while. <p> </p><p> Didn't WCW have it's most successful run on the back of the biggest wrestling good guy of all time turning bad? All I ever remember Cena being is 'white guy in jean shorts who raps sometimes' - surely a darker take on his character would revitalise him, and give a couple of younger guys the chance to be his foil? Someone said he's 35, so he can't have that long left...give him a few years playing the bad guy, let him go and do some more terrible movies then bring him back in his early 40's for a good guy nostalgia fest. </p><p> </p><p> Hogan got away with it (good guy, bad guy, good guy nostalgia run) - why not this guy?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> 10 year olds don't buy heel t-shirts.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="brashleyholland" data-cite="brashleyholland" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I'm not following wrestling at all these days, so I might be over simplifying this...but I don't get why people would think that WWE would be scarred to make John Cena the bad guy for a while. <p> </p><p> Didn't WCW have it's most successful run on the back of the biggest wrestling good guy of all time turning bad? All I ever remember Cena being is 'white guy in jean shorts who raps sometimes' - surely a darker take on his character would revitalise him, and give a couple of younger guys the chance to be his foil? Someone said he's 35, so he can't have that long left...give him a few years playing the bad guy, let him go and do some more terrible movies then bring him back in his early 40's for a good guy nostalgia fest. </p><p> </p><p> Hogan got away with it (good guy, bad guy, good guy nostalgia run) - why not this guy?</p></div></blockquote><p> WCW turned him, not WWE. WCW couldn't cash in on him for his WWE run, so why not turn him at that point? Also, the fact he was a good guy longer then Cena has been in WWE and, well, he wasn't hitting as big as Cena is right now.</p><p> </p><p> Pluss, Hogan owned his own brand, etc. </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Arrows" data-cite="Arrows" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>10 year olds don't buy heel t-shirts.</div></blockquote><p> There is this fact as well.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Arrows" data-cite="Arrows" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>10 year olds don't buy heel t-shirts.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> 10 year olds don't buy anything. 16-25 and 18-35 year olds do though, that's why they're the most prized advertising demographics. Old enough to have spare cash and the authority to spend it on whatever they want, young enough to buy stupid stuff like wrestling shirts and not worry about kids/buying a house etc. </p><p> </p><p> Presumably a large chunk of the 10-15 year olds who were Cena fans 5-8 years ago are now in their mid-late teens/early 20, and would buy heel shirts? The only times I've ever seen Cena wrestle he's been pretty much boo'd out of the building by half or more of the crowd - seems like fans are ready for a change.</p><p> </p><p> I was a Hulkamaniac in the late 80's/early 90's, but my fondest memories of wrestling where when Hogan went bad. I grew up - just like the 10 year old Cena fans have/will.</p>

<p>Haven't watched anything in ages but going to be checking out MITB, it's free and it's always fun.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

Watched SD for the first time in ages and Ryback is definitely a new favourite. He eats between 8 and 10 large meals EVERY SINGLE DAY.</p>

<p>**WARNING** WARNING*** is this a tew fan scenario turned into real life??? i hope so</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

ECW TRADEMARKED FOR WRESTLING...AND NOT BY WWE</p><p>

By Steven Fernandes on 2012-07-14 09:12:26 An LLC based in New York named 'Mocker' registered to trademark "ECW" for wrestling use back in March. WWE apparently let the trademark slip.</p><p>

It was just 'assigned to an examiner' a few days ago, so I guess they just started working on it now.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

<a href="http://www.pwinsider.com/article/70198/ecw-trademarked-for-wrestlingand-not-by-wwe.html?p=1" rel="external nofollow">http://www.pwinsider.com/article/70198/ecw-trademarked-for-wrestlingand-not-by-wwe.html?p=1</a></p><p> </p><p>

i hope somehow its shane douglous extreme reunion/rising who did it. especially since the november show they will crown the first champion what better way to announce the name .</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Teh_Showtime" data-cite="Teh_Showtime" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I would prefer Shane let it die, honestly.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> why? the last 2 shows were down right awesome. give them a chance. and they are bringing in new talent with the older talent. not much else exciting in wrestling right now.</p><p> </p><p> tna is meh even now. is it better than its been yes, but nothing amazing. wwe i cant even watch it. i try. and roh, i like roh, but they just arent an edgy product.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="dcxbox" data-cite="dcxbox" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>why? <strong>the last 2 shows were down right awesome</strong>. give them a chance. and they are bringing in new talent with the older talent. not much else exciting in wrestling right now.<p> </p><p> tna is meh even now. is it better than its been yes, but nothing amazing. wwe i cant even watch it. i try. and roh, i like roh, but they just arent an edgy product.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I was at Extreme Reunion in Philly, well, the first one. It was a mess in every measurable way. A lot of the workers were out of shape and/or not in condition to perform. The booking was a disaster. The crowd started out hot as hell too. Deafening "E-C-Dub" chants and the like. We WANTED to enjoy the show, but it was a miserable failure in every way outside of sheer ticket sales.</p><p> </p><p> I refused to be swindled twice so I skipped the second one, but my friends said the second show was much better. I dunno if "down right awesome" was a word I've heard thrown around about it though. And definitely not the first one. That show was an absolute disaster.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="bigtplaystew" data-cite="bigtplaystew" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I was at Extreme Reunion in Philly, well, the first one. It was a mess in every measurable way. A lot of the workers were out of shape and/or not in condition to perform. The booking was a disaster. The crowd started out hot as hell too. Deafening "E-C-Dub" chants and the like. We WANTED to enjoy the show, but it was a miserable failure in every way outside of sheer ticket sales.<p> </p><p> I refused to be swindled twice so I skipped the second one, but my friends said the second show was much better. I dunno if "down right awesome" was a word I've heard thrown around about it though. And definitely not the first one. That show was an absolute disaster.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> There's been a total of three shows. Extreme Reunion and then the two Extreme Rising shows. There were two shows in a weekend and those two both received positive reviews.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="brashleyholland" data-cite="brashleyholland" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I'm not following wrestling at all these days, so I might be over simplifying this...but I don't get why people would think that WWE would be scarred to make John Cena the bad guy for a while. <p> </p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Outside of the month surrounding the Punk angle last year, and <em>maybe</em> a few times here and there since, Cena is their #1 merchandise guy. Cena is also their best ratings mover and he does it across virtually every demographic, which none of their other guys do. A vocal portion of the fanbase might hate Cena and be tired of the guy, but as long as Cena generates the money he does and moves the ratings like he does, WWE has no reason to mess with what is very clearly a winning formula.</p>

There's been a total of three shows. Extreme Reunion and then the two Extreme Rising shows. There were two shows in a weekend and those two both received positive reviews.

they are doing a show in september i guess clveland . they havent announced the date yet. but will prob this coming week. and the big november show where they crown the first champion.

i bought tickets for november and will be flying to philly for it. its cheaper than the next wwe ppv by me next year. and prob a far better show. its a b level wwe ppv elimination chamber anyways meh. and i cant do live raw and smackdowns as its not worth paying so much to sit and watch the titan tron for hours. roh i thought of doing for it, its an ok product at times, but not overall. still better than wwe or tna shows though. I lost any serious fan interest in wrestling years ago. i mostly skim through shows now and read spoilers and play it by that if i want to watch. its hard to want to be a fan right now. tna has turned around a little, but im still not sold on them. i only went to a few shows for sting and angle rvd, beyond that not all excited.

There's been a total of three shows. Extreme Reunion and then the two Extreme Rising shows. There were two shows in a weekend and those two both received positive reviews.

I don't know if you posted this as to say I was somehow wrong. If you're just trying to say the shows might have improved (slightly), fair enough. I wouldn't know and I'll never find out. The first one was the worst show I've ever seen in my entire life. Soooo since I'm not as dumb as you might think I'm not giving them any more money. I based my original post on the idea that the Extreme Rising promotion delivered shows that were "Down right awesome". Because they weren't. I was at the first show. It was horrendous. It's literally the only professional wrestling show in my entire life that I actually regretted going to. No one that was there gave it a "positive review".

These people don't deserve your money or your time on message boards defending them.

And Jaysin, I'd love a link to more than one positive review of the Corona, NY and the second Philly show. I am not calling you a liar or anything, but I have never heard one person who was actually there say anything nice about Shane Douglas' promotion. It would be an interesting read.

I'm an old school ECW fan so I remember the real company, before the crappy WWE docs and the internet version of history. This was a company that used extreme matches to get people talking, but when you were there and paid your money at the gate, you were treated to a fantastic wrestling show. You gotta remember guys like Rey Mysterio, Steve Austin, Chris Jericho, Dean Milenko, etc. all made their way through an ECW show or two. I'm not saying this to deliver the "o.G." type message of how cool things were "back in the day." I'm saying this because even the dudes who worked there apparently forgot the silver lining of the original company. Stupid shane Douglas forgot that ECW made it's bones on excellent wrestling matches, not the dumb barbed wire crap we remember it for. If you want to experience something similar to the vibe of the original ECW, go with CZW. I know the highlight reelz might make you think CZW is all barbed wire an florescent light bulbs, but it's not. It's a great wrestling company that hires actually talented workers to tell stories in the ring. The "extreme" stuff is all just eye candy and senationalism. Their upper card is populated with great workers like Sami Calihan who understand how to tell a good story.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="bigtplaystew" data-cite="bigtplaystew" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div> I based my original post on the idea that the Extreme Rising promotion delivered shows that were "Down right awesome". Because they weren't. I was at the first show.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> The OP never said anything about the first show though, only the two others that you haven't seen, I understand your position, but I think that Jaysin was pointing out that you disagreed that the "last two shows" (the ones you hadn't seen) were "down right awesome" based on your experience of the first one.</p>

Fair enough, but the second philly show wasn't great either from what I understand. I had a bunch of friends who went and said it was terrible, again just taking issue with the phrase "down right awesome" when the vibe I got was, "slightly less depressing than the first show" I'd love to see these great reviews the shows got. Considering how horrific the first show was, the second show would have had to have been at least a little bit of an improvement

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="bigtplaystew" data-cite="bigtplaystew" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Fair enough, but the second philly show wasn't great either from what I understand. I had a bunch of friends who went and said it was terrible, again just taking issue with the phrase "down right awesome" when the vibe I got was, "slightly less depressing than the first show" I'd love to see these great reviews the shows got. Considering how horrific the first show was, the second show would have had to have been at least a little bit of an improvement</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Maybe he took a page out of WWE's book, suck most of the time so that anything good that happens stands out more. Cheap joke I know.</p>

<p>lmao@CZW being a good company. I watch all the botchamania videos including the recent CZWMania videos, I know better.</p><p> </p><p>

BTW, this is the WWE thread. All this Extreme Revolution and ECW and CZW stuff should be somewhere else. </p><p> </p><p>

Sooo, allow me to get things back on track:</p><p> </p><p>

What happened to Santino's awesome push? He was one moment away from winning the Royal Rumble. Then he was a fraction of a second away from his first World title at Elimination Chamber. He wins the U.S. Title (and still has it). So what gives? Now he fueds with Ricardo and does a match every once in a great while, often in tag matches that have nothing to do with the U.S. Title. The crowd LOVES him and the crowd was INTO him both times he was inches from stepping into the main event. If WWE can give Ryder a chance, surely they can give a serious push to a guy like Santino who is funny but has the wrestling skill to be something more?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Rone Rivendale" data-cite="Rone Rivendale" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>lmao@CZW being a good company. I watch all the botchamania videos including the recent CZWMania videos, I know better.<p> </p><p> BTW, this is the WWE thread. All this Extreme Revolution and ECW and CZW stuff should be somewhere else. </p><p> </p><p> Sooo, allow me to get things back on track:</p><p> </p><p> What happened to Santino's awesome push? He was one moment away from winning the Royal Rumble. Then he was a fraction of a second away from his first World title at Elimination Chamber. He wins the U.S. Title (and still has it). So what gives? Now he fueds with Ricardo and does a match every once in a great while, often in tag matches that have nothing to do with the U.S. Title. The crowd LOVES him and the crowd was INTO him both times he was inches from stepping into the main event. If WWE can give Ryder a chance, surely they can give a serious push to a guy like Santino who is funny but has the wrestling skill to be something more?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Well... he's got a shot at a MITB briefcase. Granted the odds are slim, but at least he's in the match, right?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Rone Rivendale" data-cite="Rone Rivendale" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> </p><p> What happened to Santino's awesome push? He was one moment away from winning the Royal Rumble. Then he was a fraction of a second away from his first World title at Elimination Chamber. He wins the U.S. Title (and still has it). So what gives? Now he fueds with Ricardo and does a match every once in a great while, often in tag matches that have nothing to do with the U.S. Title. The crowd LOVES him and the crowd was INTO him both times he was inches from stepping into the main event. If WWE can give Ryder a chance, surely they can give a serious push to a guy like Santino who is funny but has the wrestling skill to be something more?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I tend to agree with Mich as far as "hey, at least he's in the match and has a chance." After all, who saw some of the other advantages Santino's gotten relatively recently coming? But I get your point. And it seems like a valid one.</p><p> </p><p> We're always told how funny guys can't be world champions because the fight for the title is serious stuff and requires a different mentality than screwball characters like Santino have. But honestly, it seems like if WWE were doing it's product right and living up to their own name, they could break that rule with impugnity. After all, they are Entertainment. You'd be hard pressed to find a guy more entertaining than Santino and the crowd loves him. Plus he has the skills to make the argument that the most talented man on the roster has the belt, comedy streak or no. So he'd both an old-school and new-school kind of champ at the same time.</p><p> </p><p> And let's not forget the precedent everyone's tired of. John Cena. You want a guy who breaks the mold of the champion not being able to have a silly streak? It's Cena. From the human tape recorder bit he did as a rookie through the rap era to the Hoeski talk with Eve, he's made a career getting over being the goof. And yet he has also consistently shown he can buckle down and withstand the pressure to be serious when times call for it. In theory, if John Cena can be champ, why not a guy like Santino?</p>

<p>You guys probably already know this but this is the best one yet imho with all the references etc.</p><p> </p><p>

</p><div class="ipsEmbeddedVideo"><div><iframe width="200" height="113" src="https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/wZTxieh990E?feature=oembed" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="" title="Are You Serious? - WCW continues to ruin everything - Episode 24"></iframe></div></div><p> </p><p>

Spoilers:</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#FFFFFF;">Road Dogg not knowing Braden Walker, Smart Mark, Terra Ryzing, Drew Mcintyre underrated etc.</span></p>

<p>In theory everybody can be a champ question is if you want to see it. Would you be entertained by it long term, would it enhance the product as a whole? For me Santino champ is a hell no.</p><p> </p><p>

Edit: Also there is a big difference to an inherently serious character with a goofy side Cena, Rock, Austin, DX etc and an inherently goofy character with a serious side Santino, EY, Snow, Ryder, Robbie E etc.</p>

Yeah I really can't see why Santino'd ever be a world champion. Yes, Cena has been the "funny guy" at times, but he was still built like a video game character and was never portrayed as goofy or cowardly in the ring. Santino's a small comedy wrestler that's over as an underdog. How quickly do you think fans would cool on his shtick if he actually won a world title? It would make Rey Mysterio's title reign look like one for the ages. How is he still a comedy underdog if he's champion?