The Official TNA / Impact / GFW Discussion Thread

Adam Ryland

^^ The problem with TNA. they came to Oshawa (Toronto basically) and did 1500 and thought that was so good they would come back and do a PPV. And they gave tickets away for that house show.

When ROH comes to town, they do about... lets seee... 1500. I guess they're national.

Based on their latest run of live show figures, you'd be wrong.

Though I agree the house so numbers are not a good sign I don't know how well they can be use to dictate PPV attendance. I mean they would at least advertise a PPV (I would hope). Also it wouldn't be a weak roster like a good number of the house shows get (I know last time they came up here I didn't go due to who wasn’t going to be on the show and no way am I alone).

^^ The problem with TNA. they came to Oshawa (Toronto basically) and did 1500 and thought that was so good they would come back and do a PPV. And they gave tickets away for that house show.

When ROH comes to town, they do about... lets seee... 1500. I guess they're national.

No what it is is lack of advertiseing if they did that properly they could get depending on the place 5 to 10,000 people at a house show easy and I hope thats something Bischoff we help TNA out with.

No no no..based on the thread in the general discussion section, 1500 fans in Canada makes them International. And EVERYONE in England knows who they are, so they could actually be Global.

Also, Dixie Carter is a fan of Star Trek. So arguably, they could even be Intergalactic.

No no no..based on the thread in the general discussion section, 1500 fans in Canada makes them International. And EVERYONE in England knows who they are, so they could actually be Global.

Also, Dixie Carter is a fan of Star Trek. So arguably, they could even be Intergalactic.

So, ROH is also National? And WWE is........

I think the honest to god problem (this just occured to me) is people are trying to measure from the bottom up. You have to relate from the top down. if WWE is global, or WWE is international, or what have you. Then this promotion, be it TNA, ROH, or whatever, must be this.

Though I agree the house so numbers are not a good sign I don't know how well they can be use to dictate PPV attendance. I mean they would at least advertise a PPV (I would hope). Also it wouldn't be a weak roster like a good number of the house shows get (I know last time they came up here I didn't go due to who wasn’t going to be on the show and no way am I alone).

It's not a perfect indicator, but I'm not risking a bunch of empty seats on a live PPV unless it were a super show and I'd been advertising for weeks.

And let's face it, TNA does a sh*t job building their PPVs. The main event for the next PPV is Joe/AJ...how much has that been built?

No what it is is lack of advertiseing if they did that properly they could get depending on the place 5 to 10,000 people at a house show easy and I hope thats something Bischoff we help TNA out with.

10 k fans? Easy? You're insane. They just aren't there yet.

Three quarters full is not nearly sold out. 4800 would be nearly sold out. But a 5000 seat arena (pretty small) having 1200 empty seats is awful.

This.

:rolleyes:

Hey, if the TNA nutjobs want to claim that TNA is a "National" or "International" company - even though they've never drawn a large paying crowd anywhere, they have to give away tickets to their TV and PPV tapings, and their buy-rates are negligible - then the WWE must be so powerful that they are altering our perceptions of reality.

Like a new pantheon of demi-gods or something.

Wow...... just wow. They could double their all-time best attendance figures at a house show? That would really be something, I guess.

Wow...... just wow. They could double their all-time best attendance figures at a house show? That would really be something, I guess.

Read what I said ok I siad with the right advertising (Spell Check) they could ok so reread it if you need to because with the names that TNA has they could get 10,000 people

Read what I said ok I siad with the right advertising (Spell Check) they could ok so reread it if you need to because with the names that TNA has they could get 10,000 people

ROFL

You're being delusional.

10 K fans? at a house show? Even though their biggest names don't routinely work their house shows?

No... just... no... and spell check...

By YOUR logic, TNA is bigger then WWE because WWE doesnt average 10,000 for a house show. I hate TNA fans SO much.

And I'm not a WWE fan. I like all wrestling equally (even TNA). It all has ups and downs. But why do TNA fans feel the need to always say how good they are and not just except reality?

TNA is the second biggest company in North America. correct. But are they anywhere near the level of WWE? no.

WWE TV gets 15,000 (give or take) PAID through the door. TNA TV gets 1500 FREE through the door. So TNA is 1/10th the size of WWE in that sense.

WWE house shows get 7000 I'd say on average (that could be wrong, usually its between 5000 and 9000 so) and TNA gets 500-750, call it 625. That makes them 1/11th the size of WWE.

TNA PPV gets around 35,000 buys (for their big ppvs) (and some are WAY lower then that) and WWE gets "low" 235,000 buys. So TNA is 1/6th the size of WWE there. And thats not measuring against the 1,000,000 or so that get Mania (WWE's biggest PPV) which would make TNA 1/28th the size of WWE.

All you are allowed to measure is TRUTH and FACT. This isnt Fox news with hypothetical, fantasy, & opinion.

Whether TEW terms apply or not is really the thing that should be debated. But being as this is GDS's board they do. Drawing 1500 people is cult. DEAL with it.

And dont do what typical TNA fans do and use TNA's best number vs. WWE's worst. Or just TNA's best. Sure maybe they drew 3000 to a house show once (dont know if thats true just made it up) but that doenst count.

Maybe you need to re-read what I "siad." You're saying they could sell over 5,000 tickets more than they ever have in their history at a house show. This is the same company that can't afford to go on tour and can't fill a venue of less than 2,000 on a regular basis. That's not just wrong, that's laugh out loud wrong.

If and when TNA leaves the Impact Zone and can show they can sell tickets at actual arenas anywhere close to the 5K mark, then they'll be on the road to the kind of numbers you're talking about. But not only are they not there, they can't even see there from where they are.

No... just... no... and spell check...

By YOUR logic, TNA is bigger then WWE because WWE doesnt average 10,000 for a house show. I hate TNA fans SO much.

And I'm not a WWE fan. I like all wrestling equally (even TNA). It all has ups and downs. But why do TNA fans feel the need to always say how good they are and not just except reality?

TNA is the second biggest company in North America. correct. But are they anywhere near the level of WWE? no.

WWE TV gets 15,000 (give or take) PAID through the door. TNA TV gets 1500 FREE through the door. So TNA is 1/10th the size of WWE in that sense.

TNA PPV gets around 35,000 buys (for their big ppvs) (and some are WAY lower then that) and WWE gets "low" 235,000 buys. So TNA is 1/6th the size of WWE there. And thats not measuring against the 1,000,000 or so that get Mania (WWE's biggest PPV) which would make TNA 1/28th the size of WWE.

All you are allowed to measure is TRUTH and FACT. This isnt Fox news with hypothetical, fantasy, & opinion.

Whether TEW terms apply or not is really the thing that should be debated. But being as this is GDS's board they do. Drawing 1500 people is cult. DEAL with it.

No where in what I said says that TNA is bigger than WWE I know that isn't true I like WWE too but some are just to stupid to understand some things but I'm not talking to you Mr.Canda

No where in what I said says that TNA is bigger than WWE I know that isn't true I like WWE too but some are just to stupid to understand some things but I'm not talking to you Mr.Canda

I know. but if WWE is by definition National in America, aka recognized throughout the country, how can TNA be ANYWHERE near them?

WWE being a global company is because they are also national in pretty much all other countries as well.

So if TNA is basically a sliver to WWE's Giant Redwood (CVERSE~!) how can it at all beconsiderd a National promotion?

EDIT:

And what Slim Jim said is why I went on my TNA vs. WWE rant. Because you implied with your made-up math TNA was in fact a bigger company then WWE but with bad advertising.

Recent Raw house show in New York drew 9000 fans. NY is a pretty easy area for WWE to draw a crowd, and they still didn't get the 10000 you claim TNA can get with the right advertising. (by the by, on the same night TNA drew 900 fans in Montreal)

Suggesting that TNA could get 10000 fans to a house show, when WWE don't even pull that many implies you think TNA are the bigger company... which is just so obviously wrong.

Listen..you said that TNA could draw 10 K fans "easy" to a house show.

WWE doesn't draw that many fans to house shows, therefore your claim would make TNA more popular than WWE.

MrC is just showing you how and why - specifically, using actual data - you're wrong to make that claim that TNA could draw 10 k fans to a house show.

Then lazorbeak re-affirmed it.

This is a pretty unbiased board (TNA and WWE get it both equally imo) but it's a bad, bad place to use broad statements without being able to back them up.