The Official TNA / Impact / GFW Discussion Thread

Adam Ryland

No where in what I said says that TNA is bigger than WWE I know that isn't true I like WWE too but some are just to stupid to understand some things but I'm not talking to you Mr.Canda

Recent Raw house show in New York drew 9000 fans. NY is a pretty easy area for WWE to draw a crowd, and they still didn't get the 10000 you claim TNA can get with the right advertising. (by the by, on the same night TNA drew 900 fans in Montreal)

Suggesting that TNA could get 10000 fans to a house show, when WWE don't even pull that many implies you think TNA are the bigger company... which is just so obviously wrong.

Yeah, what he said. What you said may not have been directly with advertising TNA would be bigger then WWE, but that is what one would intrepid the results you expect of TNA house shows with advertising to mean. Which adds up to your expectations being over inflated.

Would advertising help TNA house shows? Sure, but nowhere near as much as you seem to think.

Does the 8 card stud tournament take place at the Against All Odds PPV? And is there no TNA World Title match at Against All Odds? If that's the case, that looks like a pretty crappy PPV to me.

The title match is Joe V. Styles and how can you say it looks crappy when most of the matches have not been confirmed yet?

Okay. So you edit his post and then criticize the point he was making with the edited math? Not saying you're wrong to question his "close to being sold out". But you could have framed your conclusion better without the number shifting

He said 5-6000, i made it clear i was using the higher estimate.

My friend told me that he went to Bash at the Beach a decade ago headlined by Hogan and Vader. He said that him and his family were able to attend the event for free since they let people in. Did the BatB always offer free tickets? Or is this a practice common within the wrestling business or any business of giving people a free sampling?

My friend told me that he went to Bash at the Beach a decade ago headlined by Hogan and Vader. He said that him and his family were able to attend the event for free since they let people in. Did the BatB always offer free tickets? Or is this a practice common within the wrestling business or any business of giving people a free sampling?

It's always been pretty common practice to give away tickets the night of a show to fill tickets. I'm not sure if it's still practiced today, but it was a pretty par for the course thing for WCW, especially as they were suddenly miraculously filling much larger venues.

I believe that bash you are talking about was the one on the beach wasen't it? If that is the one you are talking about everyone got in free It was on a public beach and they could not charge. Just like when nitro was at mall of america. They could not charge because it was a public mall and they let everyone see the show for free.

I believe that bash you are talking about was the one on the beach wasen't it? If that is the one you are talking about everyone got in free It was on a public beach and they could not charge. Just like when nitro was at mall of america. They could not charge because it was a public mall and they let everyone see the show for free.

Yes, it was in Huntington Beach, California, 1995. That seems like that was the case since of its locale.

Reminds me of when TNA was in the live Impact in Las Vegas one-two years ago.

Hog/Road Wild PPV was free too

Giving away free tickets is standard practice, the E still does it as well. 3.8 of 5 is not near full but decently attended lol. 5-10 k on TNA house shows no way that is happening anytime soon. Actual house show numbers vary A lot 300 - 1500. Latest house show numbers and merch sales compared to last year are (way) up though according too various sources.

Right now they need to focus on getting on monday live each week. Then move the ppv's out of the zone again. Then either go on the road or have a home stadium (paid) for Impact. In the meantime House shows are more advertisement in themselves then an avenue of income.

TNA in TEW terms is Cult with a strong fanbase in the UK.

To clear something up, WCW gave away attendance in their prime for a few pay-per-views which ended up being a DISASTER for them financially. They were being incredibly stupid and it cost them a fortune. The Roadwild ppvs sent money down the drain. When they did it for Nitro it was equally stupid.

No smart wrestling organization gives away tickets that they don't have to. The WWE sells as many tickets as they can before they start giving away free tickets.

The title match is Joe V. Styles and how can you say it looks crappy when most of the matches have not been confirmed yet?

Oh. I thought that with the whole tournament thing going on and with AJ saying that he and Ric were off for the month, I thought that the tournament was on the PPV and there wasn't going to be a title match.

To clear something up, WCW gave away attendance in their prime for a few pay-per-views which ended up being a DISASTER for them financially. They were being incredibly stupid and it cost them a fortune. The Roadwild ppvs sent money down the drain. When they did it for Nitro it was equally stupid.

Surely they only gave away unsold tickets on the day or two before the show? Thats a question not a statement by the way, I haven't a clue :-p

I guess if they were papering *EVERY* Nitro, people got wise to it and just hung around waiting for spare tickets. I've a similar thing happen with my local football team. They moved to a bigger ground and just couldn't fill it. 10 mins after kick-off they would just open the gates or charge a small, nominal fee - figuring that money spent at the concessions would at least make them something back.

In the end they had to can it because the walk-ups just waited until 10-15 mins in listening to the game on the radio outside, waiting for their inevitable free ticket :-p

Hog/Road Wild was always free when it was held outdoors. It gave it a different feel, but awful financially.

And as for Nitros, I remember when I went to the next to last Nitro, they were filming the last Thunder (two shows for the price of one!), and they were also giving away 1 ticket for everyone you bought.

Surely they only gave away unsold tickets on the day or two before the show? Thats a question not a statement by the way, I haven't a clue :-p

I guess if they were papering *EVERY* Nitro, people got wise to it and just hung around waiting for spare tickets. I've a similar thing happen with my local football team. They moved to a bigger ground and just couldn't fill it. 10 mins after kick-off they would just open the gates or charge a small, nominal fee - figuring that money spent at the concessions would at least make them something back.

In the end they had to can it because the walk-ups just waited until 10-15 mins in listening to the game on the radio outside, waiting for their inevitable free ticket :-p

As mentioned above me, they did the Road Wild ppv at the Sturges bike rally and charged nothing for admission. It was retarded. Say what you want about Jay Leno being involved in wrestling, but that ppv could have sold some tickets.

They also had bad judgment in they they frequently went to smaller venues to hold Nitros and ppvs when they could sell more.

NEWS BREAK-

Rumor has it Hulk and Eric are looking to bring back the Dupp Cupp. Stan Dupp also known as Trevor Murdoch has already been contacted as has Bo Dupp. No word of if the ticket lady or Tiny the time keeper will return however.

--------------------------

Okay so thats not true...sadly.

Anyway, am I the only one who hates having a Global and World title? WHAT THE EFF IS THE DIFFERENCE?!

As mentioned above me, they did the Road Wild ppv at the Sturges bike rally and charged nothing for admission. It was retarded. Say what you want about Jay Leno being involved in wrestling, but that ppv could have sold some tickets.

They also had bad judgment in they they frequently went to smaller venues to hold Nitros and ppvs when they could sell more.

Bash at the Beach was also free to the public, and they would often film Nitros at Panama Beach (IIRC) during Spring Break...

The same as between an Intercontinental and World Title?

Pretty much, but I personally don't associate the words Intercontinental and World as closely together as Global and World. At least intercontinental is more of different term that is used far less as a synonym as Global and World.

Yep International would have been a much better name for it.

Is that supposed to be sarcastic?

Anyway, rumor mill says that TNA is a green light on moving to Monday nights in the near future, being live just about every other week. The speculated time slot is 8-10pm or 9-11pm. I would assume those are EST but the article didn't say.