The Official TNA / Impact / GFW Discussion Thread

Adam Ryland

Meanwhile, I think Anderson is putting on some of the better promos I've ever seen in TNA. He's little "thank god I'm an ASSH*LE.... assh*ole..." at the end of his last week cracked me up. Is he doing perfect? Is he on par with The Rock? No. But he entertains me, and that's more than Randy Orton has ever done on the microphone.

Thank you! That promo rocked. I love his character

Orton's a god compared to David Arquette (in wrestling terms) at best. The man has never cut a promo I've either enjoyed or been able to remember.

Ever. His presence as the top heel in the company for the last few years is one of the prime reasons I haven't been able to watch WWE during the same period. I still get chills when I think of his feud with Jeff Hardy and them attemting to cut a promo on each other. All I can hope is the face turn teaches him not to suck so bad on the microphone.

Meanwhile, I think Anderson is putting on some of the better promos I've ever seen in TNA. He's little "thank god I'm an ASSH*LE.... assh*ole..." at the end of his last week cracked me up. Is he doing perfect? Is he on par with The Rock? No. But he entertains me, and that's more than Randy Orton has ever done on the microphone.

The end of that promo was one of the better things recently. But, I feel like i should care more about Angle v Anderson.. but, I just can't seem to care.

Well the whole patriotic thing vs non patriotic thing has been done to death and isn't for everybody's tastes. But the way it has been executed has been very good imho. And I agree on Orton btw. He is still Snoreton, Boreton to me dammit!

Edit: On the nevermore type stuff, yeah that is possible but I just don't want people reading too much into it and getting into another they never did anything with that type read.

Edit: Angle didn't do the pac sign he gave Nash a fist bump as a show of respect for the MEM days and proceeded to ignore Hall and Pac. It was in no way intended as a heel tease.

It absolutely was the Wolfpac sign. Taz played it off as being respect shown since they were in MEM together.

The end of that promo was one of the better things recently. But, I feel like i should care more about Angle v Anderson.. but, I just can't seem to care.

I agree wholeheartedly. To round of my last TEW08 game, I had Wrestlemania's Main Event as Kurt Angle vs Mr Kennedy. But this feud has been really poor up until this week. The promos were good, and Anderson's ending was great. "The better man won't win. You're a better father to your kids.... Thank god I'm an a$$hole..... a$$hole". So good!

Interesting idea with the "fight for the key", but um... you *can* go over the top, right?

Also, I feel like TNA's camera crew kinda sucks. While the ME was very clustered from the participants' actions, the camera work really made things more rushed and confusing. Good idea for the match's story, they just didn't quite pull it off.

Well the whole patriotic thing vs non patriotic thing has been done to death and isn't for everybody's tastes. But the way it has been executed has been very good imho. And I agree on Orton btw. He is still Snoreton, Boreton to me dammit!

Edit: On the nevermore type stuff, yeah that is possible but I just don't want people reading too much into it and getting into another they never did anything with that type read.

This fued has been one of the best things going in TNA, and I hope a sign for the future. The promos have been good, with Anderson's last one being great. But yea, the pro vs. anti American bit is SO played out and cheesy. It would be better without it.

And while I'm pumped for Daniels in ROH, I'm really disappointed TNA let him get away. With all the dead weight they have, he's one guy I'd like to have stuck around.

Concerning Daniels...

Yes, he's a tremendous talent (hell, and Curry Man was the funnest gimmick since... since... errr... a long time? Even if it could never be serious).

But, I dunno... gut feeling: maybe there's a reason he's never ascended to superstardom (other than "bad luck")?

Fact of the matter, he's probably better off in ROH, where he can showcase his awesome in-ring abilities more frequently. Heck, ROH could use a little star power to give them a boost.

I really don't feel TNA ever used him properly, but then again proper usage of Daniels seems to clash with TNA's "style". While it sucks to know they've lost a great talent, don't see it actually changing the company's landscape a bit. Letting Scott Steiner go, however... Now there's no one to fill the "non-sensicaly hilarious roid-freak" niche in the company. Indeed, I fear it's a niche that will never be filled again... I'M HUNGRY!!!?

Ive been meaning to ask this I heard something about TNA getting a sort of development fed were they can send people to train and bring people up has anyone else heard about this I heard that LVE is already doing training there

Yeah Mach-1 in California but it isn't full on developmental ala OVW, DSW or FCW so to speak. Just that TNA has first view on their students kinda and sometimes TNA can send some wrestlers to train there which right now is only LVE.

Am I the only one that thinks that the fact that Daniels is still, 3-5 days later, on the TNA website, might mean that the anonymous "source" is wrong? I mean, Kong's profile was off within like, a day.

That said, TNA wasn't doing anything with him, so there's that.

---

Read through that Wrestlecrap page. Hilariously, they've got one of everything we've got now, but worse. Usually, much worse.

Scott Hall? Check. Gay men, whose only gimmick is that they're gay? Check.

Okay, so we've got some things they didn't necessarily have. But on the other hand, they also started off with midgets, Elvis impersonations, and a man who could give Mark Henry a run for his chubby money.

They get rid of Daniels, bring in Tommy Dreamer (Allegedly, he's our surprise tonight)

Selfishly? I'm over-joyed.

Booking wise? Why? Why would you bring in Tommy Dreamer? He's got a hardcore following of 1 fan, and I'm it. And I all ready watch TNA. Not to mention I can't figure out for the life of me how they're going to do ANOTHER storyline at this point. Probably just add him on to something on going... Make him join Team 3D or Even High-er Times (RVD/Hardy) or [THEband]

BTW on the subject of Daniels, I don't think he would of ever been taken seriously by the casual market. He's an asset as an undercard guy, but his look is bland as all hell.

They get rid of Daniels, bring in Tommy Dreamer (Allegedly, he's our surprise tonight)

Selfishly? I'm over-joyed.

Booking wise? Why? Why would you bring in Tommy Dreamer? He's got a hardcore following of 1 fan, and I'm it. And I all ready watch TNA. Not to mention I can't figure out for the life of me how they're going to do ANOTHER storyline at this point. Probably just add him on to something on going... Make him join Team 3D or Even High-er Times (RVD/Hardy) or [THEband]

BTW on the subject of Daniels, I don't think he would of ever been taken seriously by the casual market. He's an asset as an undercard guy, but his look is bland as all hell.

Maybe they'll bring him in for the dream feud we never got to see.

Dreamer v. Raven!

Oh wait... (btw, I dig both of those guys, so, I wouldn't actually be against it)

Yeah but that is the problem Raven+ Stevie + 3D+ Rhino pretty much cover the whole fanbase Dreamer has.

I think Daniels could have gotten over with the casuals if they presented him right eg more full on fallen angel and as a true ME threat. He wasn't that bland imho just not the typical wwe star quality look but a look that can really work in TNA.

god d*ammit, WTF!!!!!!! This episode is so much better if they just dont have GOD F*CKIN BUBBAAAA AAAAHAAHHAHGAHGHADGHAHGAHGJ IT JUST PISSES ME OFF SO MUCH!!!! HIS FAT ASS TELLIN BORASH OFF B*TCHIN ABOUT GETTIN BEAT UP BY FOLEY!!! FOLEY IS A LEGEND, STRATIG UP AND YOU ARE NOTHING BUT A FAT F*CK!!! IM SURPRISED HE CAN EVEN FIT IN THE RING, THEN HE CANT EVEN DO THE WOLF PACK HAND THING RIGHT AND HE KEEPS SAYING "BUBBA ARMY" DURING NASH'S PROMO TRYING TO MAKE THE nWo AND WOLFPACK ALL ABOUT HIM, GOD JUST DIE!!!! 1000% NO BUSINESS BEING ON TNA NONE! AT LEAST THE NASTIES USED TO WRESTLE!

god d*ammit, WTF!!!!!!! This episode is so much better if they just dont have GOD F*CKIN BUBBAAAA AAAAHAAHHAHGAHGHADGHAHGAHGJ IT JUST PISSES ME OFF SO MUCH!!!! HIS FAT ASS TELLIN BORASH OFF B*TCHIN ABOUT GETTIN BEAT UP BY FOLEY!!! FOLEY IS A LEGEND, STRATIG UP AND YOU ARE NOTHING BUT A FAT F*CK!!! IM SURPRISED HE CAN EVEN FIT IN THE RING, THEN HE CANT EVEN DO THE WOLF PACK HAND THING RIGHT AND HE KEEPS SAYING "BUBBA ARMY" DURING NASH'S PROMO TRYING TO MAKE THE nWo AND WOLFPACK ALL ABOUT HIM, GOD JUST DIE!!!! 1000% NO BUSINESS BEING ON TNA NONE! AT LEAST THE NASTIES USED TO WRESTLE!

No...not you too jester..