The Official TNA / Impact / GFW Discussion Thread

Adam Ryland

They wouldn't have the experiance of working television every week. There is something to be said for the experiance AND the fact of tuning in and one of their Knockouts beats Katie Lea its going to mean more to Joe Fan than if they beat some nameless girl we've never heard of.

Thats is how you get more popular right? Or atleast a tried and true method. You have someone you want to get "over" pin someone who's already recognized on a national basis as well as someone who has the experiance to make said win look good on television. To me its a no brainer there is a reason when jobs post in the wanted ad you will read "must have experiance" its an invaluable asset to any company to have people that are good at their job as well as experianced.

As far as Mickey being burned out I don't know if she is or isn't but the risk is there. Has Jeff Hardy ever said he was burned out? Have any pro wrestlers ever said it? No they just burn out, flake out and stop caring about what their doing. I'm not saying Mickey WOULD do this but the risk is there more so with Katie who's hardly done anything as of late. So if me as the employer is comparing the two thats the basis in which I would do it. Mickey's been on the road virtually ever day for the last five years she's come from that hell environment in the WWE where she was asked to virtually carry an entire division for a while and then mocked pubicaly on national t.v about a non existent weight issue. That combine with a music album coming out soon and I give the edge to Katie.

the website is both sad and awesome but to be fair the website has been around longer than Elijah has been a pro wrestler so its not hard to go in there and update it each and every week with a team of guys doing the updates. Kind of neat to pick a wrestler and look back on him. Like Batista and think he started out as D Von's bodyguard.

Gah but I just don't think a win over Katie would elevate any knock out. And in general, I don't want to see every WWE send off in TNA. Their roster is stacked as it is, and even though the women's division is tiny there still are like 2-3 girls that haven't been established. I can understand Mickie coming in, because she has name value, a great look, and talent. I can't reason Katie Lea coming in and essientially have to make a whole brand new character out of her (Did she even have one after they dropped the incest gimmick?)

Just a thought on the recent title change With R.V.D. getting the title, here is how I think the p.pv. will shape up. (I have not read spoilers reguarding this so I could be wrong now but I don't know).

I think Abyss takes the rings vs. flair,leading to R.V.D. vs. Abyss vs. Styles vs. a 4th who I can't picture at the moment. (maybe pope because of "Lockdown") R.V.D. will "Sacrifice" the title, Abyss the rings, styles will put up flair in TNA. Styles will beat Abyss giving Styles (more importantly Flair both rings and keeps the title with R.V.D.

Otherwise while I am ok with R.V.D. having the title. (just don't like the "new A.J." as he still seems forced), but I hate the way they did it, as it devaules the pope I think, by saying "you won't win on a p.p.v., but we have no problem taking the title off styles on impact and handing it to someone else).

I would not be shocked that it was a sudden change do to the raw mess over seas.

Mickie James would be worth having because she's recognizable to some casual fans. Katie Burchill might be great but there's already 10 other chicks on the roster that can do the same thing that aren't getting enough air time.

Ehm the entire roster is 10 and the only 2 that haven't gotten airtime lately are Sarita and Taylor. Katie aka Nikita is a very good wrestler in her own right and damn hot as well imho. But between her and one of the Indy bests yeah that is very close. Micky is a no brainer though as she is a TNA original as well hehe.

Just a thought on the recent title change With R.V.D. getting the title, here is how I think the p.pv. will shape up. (I have not read spoilers reguarding this so I could be wrong now but I don't know).

I think Abyss takes the rings vs. flair,leading to R.V.D. vs. Abyss vs. Styles vs. a 4th who I can't picture at the moment. (maybe pope because of "Lockdown") R.V.D. will "Sacrifice" the title, Abyss the rings, styles will put up flair in TNA. Styles will beat Abyss giving Styles (more importantly Flair both rings and keeps the title with R.V.D.

Otherwise while I am ok with R.V.D. having the title. (just don't like the "new A.J." as he still seems forced), but I hate the way they did it, as it devaules the pope I think, by saying "you won't win on a p.p.v., but we have no problem taking the title off styles on impact and handing it to someone else).

I would not be shocked that it was a sudden change do to the raw mess over seas.

Some sites are reporting that the original plan was for RVD to take the title at Sacrifice, would not surprise me but overall while a hotshot it was a smart and well executed one imho.

Ehm the entire roster is 10 and the only 2 that haven't gotten airtime lately are Sarita and Taylor. Katie aka Nikita is a very good wrestler in her own right and damn hot as well imho. But between her and one of the Indy bests yeah that is very close. Micky is a no brainer though as she is a TNA original as well hehe.

I'm not saying she wouldn't be useful, I just don't see cutting anyone else's time for her. I'd like more of the likes of Daffney, ODB, Hamada, etc. Although there should be some room for more Knockouts involved once the tag and singles titles seperate.

Holy crap a clean finish from the Knockouts Division!

I wouldn't exactly call that clean but I get what you're going for. The Knockout title has become pretty meaningless to me with all its changes as of late, but man, Velvet sure looks good.

BTW, what is with Moore being the Prince of Punk and having his Glam Rock catch phrase? Are we supposed to think Glam Rock is cool and not totally 80's and gay?

I wouldn't exactly call that clean but I get what you're going for. The Knockout title has become pretty meaningless to me with all its changes as of late, but man, Velvet sure looks good.

BTW, what is with Moore being the Prince of Punk and having his Glam Rock catch phrase? Are we supposed to think Glam Rock is cool and not totally 80's and gay?

On the other hand, i always thought Glam Rock has everything to do with Hogan...So in Hogan's TNA it is but normal to see such gayness. :D

I don't know but I like it.