The Official TNA / Impact / GFW Discussion Thread

Adam Ryland

Why do they refuse to push the MCMG?

Because unfortunately it seems they view them as guys to make others look good and give them heat and overness as the Guns are kinda perma over. Kinda like a younger and lowercard version of Kane but not in sympathy jobber territory. That is the long version.

Short version: The people on the booking team are dumb!

Edit: And I mean that as a team. Bischoff has certain skills, Russo has certain skills, Hogan has certain skills. Do not know about Ferrara or Conway. But they also have bad points, unfortunately they are all working towards their weaknesses instead of strengths. Only Bischoff's presentation/production/pacing improvements and the ability of Hogan to get RVD and Hardy seem have been the positives.

Because unfortunately it seems they view them as guys to make others look good and give them heat and overness as the Guns are kinda perma over. Kinda like a younger and lowercard version of Kane but not in sympathy jobber territory. That is the long version.

Short version: The people on the booking team are dumb!

Edit: And I mean that as a team. Bischoff has certain skills, Russo has certain skills, Hogan has certain skills. Do not know about Ferrara or Conway. But they also have bad points, unfortunately they are all working towards their weaknesses instead of strengths. Only Bischoff's presentation/production/pacing improvements and the ability of Hogan to get RVD and Hardy seem have been the positives.

The biggest difference between TNA and WWE's booking team, and WCW had the same problem TNA has, is that WWE has Vince McMahon and they don't. I don't mean that literally, I mean the roll he plays...WWE has one person that's there to make the final decision and make sure they're going in the right direction. TNA doesn't. WCW didn't. It's hard to make consistent, logical booking decisions when you have a different person making the call every day.

Next weeks TNA spoilers in white

Warning the show looks dreadful so read at your own risk

TNA Wrestling taped next Thursday's edition of TNA Impact tonight from Universal Studios in Orlando, Florida. Thanks to Wrestling News World Orlando correspondent Tim Capture for sending us text-message updates:

Pre-Show Tryout Match:

* Los Ben Dejos w/Simon Diamond vs. Generation Me. Simon was introduced as El Grando Wizard. Winners via combo springboard leg drop and standing shooting star press, Generation Me. Los Ben Dejos are local graduates of the Team 3D Academy and wrestle local indies.

TNA Impact (Airing Thursday, May 13, 2010 on Spike TV):

* Impact opening

* Eric Bischoff out first. He says he really does love each and everyone of us. He introduces the TNA Heavyweight Champion, Rob Van Dam. TNA has a poll to see the top ten rankings to see who he'd face. Jeff Hardy is the next on the list after Desmond Wolfe, so nothing would be better than RVD vs. Hardy tonight. Only problem is no one can find Hardy so they'll give him the night off. RVD says he loves being champ and the best thing is defending the belt so no night off for because he's the whole F'N show. AJ Styles' music hits and he comes out and says watch your mouth, you're a champion for God's sake and a role model. He asks RVD if he wants to wrestle because AJ is in the mood to hurt someone. AJ asks if he thinks the people came to see RVD? No, they came to see AJ because he is TNA. He says even though he has RVD in 3 days, he still wants the match tonight because he will always be champ. Jeff Hardy's music hits and out he comes. He says he's been confused by the new days to show up and doesn't have a secretary but he's here tonight for his match. AJ protests and says it's his match. Hardy says RVD is the champ so how about he makes it a 3 way? Bischoff says that's a great idea and says the match is tonight.

* JB backstage with the Beautiful People talking about Tara. Madison Rayne says Tara needs to get over it that she's not the champ anymore and she is now. Velvet Sky says they're going to stay champs after the PPV because she said so. Lacey interrupts because she really has to pee and runs off. Madison asks why she's here and Velvet says it's because she's pretty, that's why.

* Taylor Wilde vs. Tara. Taylor went for a springing splash off the second turnbuckle and Tara kicked her in the gut and got the pin. Afterward Tara beat Taylor with her knee brace. Sarita ran out for the save. Afterwards they'd showed footage of Chelsea in the back crying while a major scene was going down with security and officials trying to find out what's going on. Desmond was trying to get some room for her as this was going on.

* Brian Kendrick vs ?. Before we find out we go back to Chelsea crying as police are coming to investigate. Brian Kendrick vs. Douglas Williams. He still has the X Division belt with him. Before the match, Douglas calls Kendrick a loser and hasn't seen him a single Match so he isn't worthy of a shot at the title so this is non title. Kazarian comes out to join the commentary table. During the match, Kaz comes to the ring to get the belt and it distracts Williams long enough for Kendrick to get the win via schoolboy.

* Christy Hemme in the back tries to get a word with Pat Kenney (Simon Diamond) about a possible assailant. Kenney says he can't believe what he heard and leaves.

* Generation Me vs ?. They go to the back and Christy Hemme says if the assailant is true it will be major news. Police aren't allowing the name to be released. Generation Me vs Matt Morgan Morgan gives one the Hellevator and the other the Carbon Footprint. Morgan gets on the mic and says they warned Hogan there'd be carnage if he didn't tell him who their partner would be at Sacrifice. Morgan gets ready to stomp one of the Me's and Samoa Joe comes out for the save and Musclebusters Morgan and takes off.

* After Joe is gone and Morgan is out, the Band come out with the briefcase for the tag title shot. Nash and Hall cash it in. Nash just pins Morgan immediately. Winner and new TNA Tag Team Champions, the Band.

* Beer Money, Inc. vs. Motor City Machine Guns vs. Team 3D vs. Ink Inc. One of Shannon Moore's earrings was ripped out and he's bleeding profusely Winner via Spear from Neal on Brother Ray, Ink Inc. Team 3D gets in Jesse's face afterwards, mad that they're the ones who trained him and got him here and this the thanks they get.

* For the Global Championship, Rob Terry vs. Abyss. Abyss doesn't come out when his music plays. Orlando Jordan sneaks in from the crowd and low blows Terry and holds onto Terry's package for a prolonged time. Jordan gets a pipe and beats Terry with it. He shows Terry a playing card, probably the queen of hearts, and then throws the deck on Terry. Jordan gets on the mic and says it's about time to cut the foreplay. He does what he wants, says what he wants and acts how he wants because he's the TNA wildcard. He asks if the people want him to leave. They say yes. OJ says he'll let them fulfill their every fantasy. He challenges anyone in the back to make him leave. Tomko comes out and we get Orlando Jordan vs. Tomko. Winner via guillotine choke, Orlando Jordan.

* Backstage, Bischoff says Tara sure is going to wrestle again. Her attitude has been piss poor and what she did to Taylor was uncalled for. He tells her to get out to the ring right now.

* Sarita vs. Tara. Winner via knee brace shot to Sarita while the ref was blinded, Tara. Afterwards she attacked Sarita but the ref broke it up.

* TNA Champion Rob Van Dam vs. Jeff Hardy vs. AJ Styles. Mr. Anderson came out during the match and attacked Hardy. At the same time, AJ pulled the referee in the way of an RVD top rope sidekick. AJ dove onto everybody on the outside. RVD got spiked with a DDT on the outside and AJ rolled him in for the win.

* Hardy gets on the mic with RVD afterwards. He tells RVD to leave because he's got this. He calls Anderson to the ring right now and let's do this. Anderson makes like he's going to the ring but goes to leave instead. Hogan's music hits and Hogan won't let him leave. Hardy attacks Anderson and they begin to brawl all over the place. Hardy swantons off the announce table onto a prone Mr. Anderson who was on a table below.

Xplosion:

* Matt Buck vs. Kazarian. Winner via his finisher, Kazarian. It's like if someone goes for a code red and the person taking it holds on and drops down to his knees, I just don't know what to call it.

* Homicide & Okada vs Ink Inc. Winner via Spear from Jesse Neal to Homicide, Ink Inc.

The biggest difference between TNA and WWE's booking team, and WCW had the same problem TNA has, is that WWE has Vince McMahon and they don't. I don't mean that literally, I mean the roll he plays...WWE has one person that's there to make the final decision and make sure they're going in the right direction. TNA doesn't. WCW didn't. It's hard to make consistent, logical booking decisions when you have a different person making the call every day.

Its also WWE's problem sometimes as Vince can be out of touch sometimes. But I do get what you are saying. Its also the whole support structure, professionalism within that support structure and a clear vision even if that vision is not the right one all the time. Also do not forget the power of Stephanie as since she took over the whole pg, predictable movement started.

Well

The Tag Team thing has me questioning everything. They have been building towards Morgan and this mystery parnter and his whole "we" gimmick and they decide to give Nash and Hall the tag titles? Why its not like they need it for the 3D feud. Two legendary tag teams that have never crossed paths. Meanwhile Morgan has been killing it with this gimmick. Now is he going to still face Ink at the pay per view? Why? The titles aren't on the line so whats the point of his character and any match that you know they've been building for weeks now.

The Tara stuff makes zero sense so I won't even try and figure that out.

No Flair, no Wolfe that I remember hearing about, No Hogan, No Abyss very strange. The main event is fine I guess but at this point its going to take more than a decent sounding main event to make me care. I've watched every week since they went to Monday nights and right around Lockdown the few weeks before and the week after they did a good job. This is the second horrible sounding show in a row. It sounds like their right back to the drawing board at this point so I think I'll tune in when the next "era" in TNA begins. I hear Heyman's not doing much these days.

Well at least there was continuity from the Feast or Fired match 6 months ago.

Sure but thats like saying that in the WWF when Foley was commish and signed all those "special contracts" that they would pull out to book matches that otherwise made zero sense its a lot like that. Sure their bringing something back from six months ago thats fine but they bring it back and do something completely stupid with it making it one step forward nine and a half thousand steps back.

So I guess with TNA moving back to Thursdays the Monday Night War Part 2 as some people were calling it is officially over. They shouldn't have even of tried they should have known right away that they had no chance in hell of competing with the WWE and this just proves it (and makes me laugh at the same time).

I think moving to Monday wasn't a bad idea, but, they needed to grow much more than just getting Hogan. I watch the show, sparingly fast forwarding through stuff, naturally. But, they either need to be completely opposite, or, more of a household name to have even tried taking on a show that's been on Monday nights at 9pm for, how long now? 17+ years?

I dunno. Seems like it was worth a try to me. I know I really enjoyed the first couple of head-to-head shows, streaming both simultaneously on my computer, switching the audio to whichever was the most interesting at the time. Good times. I never got to do that with the original Monday Night Wars.

... but ultimately I think there aren't enough fans of this modern wrestling product to keep head-to-head shows afloat. Back in the 90's, this product was new and exciting and it created wrestling fans. Now, the product is... stale, stagnant, familiar. Going head-to-head was never going to create many new fans, just pit existing fans against each other.

I think there are a lot of potential wrestling fans who could have been reeled in. There are ex-fans who don't enjoy 'Sports Entertainment just begging to be lured back. There are people who have no idea they like wrestling, but can be drawn in by some as-yet-undiscovered product. TNA didn't cater to either of them. It was exactly the same as RAW, albeit with a slightly different cast and paced a bit quicker. If you put CSI:New York and CSI:Miami on head-to-head, will that really generate new fans?

So couple of things Morgan has shot up to 29 percent of the vote which I find strange considering well considering the spoilers.

Also I thought we could vote as many times as possible but I voted yesterday came back to vote today and it says "your vote has already been submitted".

"vote for your Top Contender often." is exactly what it says on the poll page. I almost feel like maybe it might be not as on the up and up this week considered their obvious unhappyness with the poll results last week. That and with only being able to vote once I think its their way of saying "we're going to stop you internet guys from pounding your choices down our throat" although I think thats ironic since its became obvious the internet fans make up a good majority of that fragile fanbase they have left.

Anyway if its rigged then thats fine but really what is the point in a rigged setting like this? They say they want what the fans want but then their going to say "well if we tell them this is what they wanted thats the same thing". Just bothers me when they tell me their doing this for me when everything they do only frees up my Thursday night viewing schedule a little more.

Do not think the vote is rigged and do think it is a good idea to make it one vote pp so that the vote represents as wide a fanbase as possible and not a passionate internet or UK minority. As although those fanbases are passionate they are a fraction and less likely to spend money on the product due to being more internet savy.

On the move to Monday's it could have workerd if A) It had been booked better B) It had been promoted better C) If they had done 8-10 immediately D) If they had done so immediately after Monday the 4th.

Monday the 4th showed that people where interested as even for a part head to head the total wrestling audience was bigger then ever plus it was a cheap way for TNA to increase brand awareness among existing wrestling fans, the follow up after simply pissed that momentum and goodwill away though and then going immediately 9-11 killed the possibility of a lead in audience.

Anyone want a good analysis I recommend the Bill Behren's podcast that I posted a while back. He has worked for TNA has booked NWA Wildside is the representative/agent of many current and past TNA talent and has worked in television.

Did Desmond Wolfe really top the poll because of a "UK Minority"? Is this like people thinking William Regal is especially popular in the UK? Our wrestling mostly comes from the States, so whoever's popular over there is popular over here. We have a little National pride, we'll give Rob Terry a courtesy pop when they announce he's from just down the road, but there hasn't been anyone of Davey Boy Smith level for a while... Mostly because the Brits are so often portrayed as heels.

Personally I'd put the 'blame' on Desmond's dominance on RoH-fans and typical internet smark/heel-marks trying to buck the system (or clamouring for a RVD-Desmond match of a decent length) rather than the British element.

Did Desmond Wolfe really top the poll because of a "UK Minority"? Is this like people thinking William Regal is especially popular in the UK? Our wrestling mostly comes from the States, so whoever's popular over there is popular over here. We have a little National pride, we'll give Rob Terry a courtesy pop when they announce he's from just down the road, but there hasn't been anyone of Davey Boy Smith level for a while... Mostly because the Brits are so often portrayed as heels.

Personally I'd put the 'blame' on Desmond's dominance on RoH-fans and typical internet smark/heel-marks trying to buck the system (or clamouring for a RVD-Desmond match of a decent length) rather than the British element.

This.

More specifically, I think its ROH/general "smart marks" who all wish to lose their virginity to the glory that is Nigel McGuiness.

That said, I don't mind. Desmond Wolfe rocks, and if I voted a second time it'd be for him. But I'll be honest and stick with my one vote for now (on Mr. Anderson... Anderson...).

Combo of that vote in my mind. Sorry if I was not clear about that, I meant them with the passionate internet people.

And Desmond unlike Regal has actually been a cool heel while still having British accents to his character which would help. Not the typical smarmy Brit.

He's back in the lead as of today with 30 percent of 7,000 votes. Its even more interesting this time since you can only vote once so in theory even more "people" are voting for Desmond this time in theory. I hope he keeps winning every week until they figure out we want to see this guy.