The Official TNA / Impact / GFW Discussion Thread

Adam Ryland

But that would be "predictable and Not edgey" according to the IWC, which TNA appears to be trying to play to.

Note that I completely agree with what you wrote as a logical, problem solving solution to a storyline thats completely spiraled out of control on them...but i doubt they will do it.

they'll try to do something new and edgy, and come off looking terrible. It's Russo 101.

Normally I'm here to talk about how TNA has dropped the ball on something but before I forget let me just say the way they have dropped Black Machismo which I thought was a stupid, pointnless gimmick that shouldn't have lasted for months let alone years.

They have gave Jay Lethal his own character and made it a credible evolution from his previous character.

Normally I'm here to talk about how TNA has dropped the ball on something but before I forget let me just say the way they have dropped Black Machismo which I thought was a stupid, pointnless gimmick that shouldn't have lasted for months let alone years.

They have gave Jay Lethal his own character and made it a credible evolution from his previous character.

Hehe yeah, its just easier and more accepted to criticize then look at the good. And yeah like the Lethal push. Him vs Kaz who seems to be going heel could be interesting for the X title.

And on that positive note. Remember that lame 8 reasons to watch Impact at 8 thing they made? Which was apparently for a contest in which you could send in similar stuff and they would pick a winner. Well I had been working on one , but since they scrapped the idea and released one of the workers I would mention I thought I would post it on here and see what people thought.

Hadn't done the video part yet but here is the draft story board, also remember this is before the Lethal push or the Daniels and other cuts:

Eight reasons why TNA Impact at Eight if for (pronounced as four) You!

1. The wrestlers everyone knows and can really go. Jeff Hardy, cut to higlights. Rob Van Dam, cut to higlights(cth). Kurt Angle, cth. Mr. Anderson, cth.

2. The TNA original wrestlers you should know and steal the show. AJ Styles, cth. Samoa Joe, cth. Daniels, cth. Abyss, cth.

3. The up and comming wrestlers that will make their presence known. Desmond Wolf, cth. The Pope, cth. Matt Morgan, cth. Hernandez, cth.

4. Real tag team wrestling that is the best in the world. Beer Money, cth. MCMG, cth. British Invasion, cth. Generation Me, cth. Lethal Consequences cth.

5. The wrestlers of the X Division who define the no limit lifestyle. Kaz, cth. Eric Young, cth. Homicide, cth. Red, cth.

6. The best women's wrestlers in the world that will knock you out! Kong, cth. Tara, cth. Hamada, cth. Flash, cth.

7. The legendary wrestlers that support TNA and ad to the show. Hogan, cth. Flair, cth. Foley cth. Sting, cth.

8. And finally why TNA Impact is four you is because it gives you violance, cut to hardcore stuff and blood mainly involving not previously mentioned people. Sexyness, The Beutifull Poeple, Sarite/ Wilde, Daffney and ODB doing their things. Real and diverse characters, cue promo and catchphrase higlights. And last but not least total wrestling action! Cue to wrestling highlights.

Those are the eight reasons why TNA Impact at eight is for you! Make the change and cross the line!

But that would be "predictable and Not edgey" according to the IWC, which TNA appears to be trying to play to.

Note that I completely agree with what you wrote as a logical, problem solving solution to a storyline thats completely spiraled out of control on them...but i doubt they will do it.

they'll try to do something new and edgy, and come off looking terrible. It's Russo 101.

Hehe yeah but one can be predictable and non edgy as long as it is well done. Its just when you are always predictable and non edgy and the performance level is always decent but rarely great that it becomes stale. Too bad the IWC always seems to want to have their cake. eat the cake and sell it too it seems.

Damn Hyde at a quick glance Daniels, Magnus, Creed, Kong, Tara, Flash, Foley and Hamada have either been released or not seen on television in months.

Thats pretty crazy. I also find it ironic that Dixie doesn't want to release anybody thats been loyal yet she ok'd the Daniels release when he's been nothing BUT loyal to that company.

Is Foley gone or is there any plans for him? Did he want to be gone or did they decide they didn't have anything for one of the most mainstream, and genuine likeable guys in the last fifteen years?

Hehe yeah but one can be predictable and non edgy as long as it is well done. Its just when you are always predictable and non edgy and the performance level is always decent but rarely great that it becomes stale. Too bad the IWC always seems to want to have their cake. eat the cake and sell it too it seems.

What are you trying to say here? Sounds to me like you're saying the IWC should be happy that TNA is trying to be unpredictable and edgy, even if it means completely offensive garbage like the Abyss/Chelsea angle. Who says you can't be unpredictable without becoming morally offensive?

If I've misread, I apologize. But that's how it came off to me.

What are you trying to say here? Sounds to me like you're saying the IWC should be happy that TNA is trying to be unpredictable and edgy, even if it means completely offensive garbage like the Abyss/Chelsea angle. Who says you can't be unpredictable without becoming morally offensive?

If I've misread, I apologize. But that's how it came off to me.

I think he's saying that the IWC wants every angle to be amazing, original, and never before seen. yet it still wants logical storylines.

In essence, the IWC is the kid from southpark that followed them around saying "simpson's did it" and pushing his glasses up on his noes.

Is Foley gone or is there any plans for him? Did he want to be gone or did they decide they didn't have anything for one of the most mainstream, and genuine likeable guys in the last fifteen years?

I believe Foley has a deal to only work a certain number of shows per year, so they're leaving him off TV now so they can use him lots later.

I think he's saying that the IWC wants every angle to be amazing, original, and never before seen. yet it still wants logical storylines.

That sounds about right. The IWC seems to want what they want and to heck with everything else. They want their minds blown and they want logical storylines. They want their Christopher Daniels to go over everybody and for the Great Khali to disappear. Even when it makes more sense for Khali to get God pushed because he's the mountain a guy like a Daniels must climb to earn their stripes. They forget that guys like Khali who are the mountains rarely if ever get to be "real men" the way the Cenas and my hypthetical Daniels do. And the reason your Khalis don't get to be "real men" is because they are mountains. They forget that the Khalis of the world usually have much shorter career windows because of the medical consequences of their size and the limited ways they are presented to the audience. So often they want every match to be a clinic.

"Too much pheasant?" The question barely translating as it struggles to rise out of the sand and is muffled. "Nope. Don't know what that means, Never heard of it." They have their uses and can be enlightening at times. But when they don't want to acknowledge something, I don't think I've ever seen a bigger flock of ostriches in my life than the IWC.

In essence, the IWC is the kid from southpark that followed them around saying "simpson's did it" and pushing his glasses up on his noes.

Yeah that was more my point. It wasn't in defense of TNA in any way. As Russo always seems to cross the line in a bad way as there is a fine line between complicated and confuluted, suspense and makes no sense, original and ridiculous etc. And Russo booking for Hogan and EB and before when he was booking for Jarrett always crossed the line towards the second one too much. Weirdly when he was head of creative on his own it became a lot better as the period of Hard Justice till Final resolution was the only time it was just him being head booker and the Bound For Glory till Final Resolution has been their "best" booked period in recent times.

I believe Foley has a deal to only work a certain number of shows per year, so they're leaving him off TV now so they can use him lots later.

He is still under contract with TNA but I think rather then the dates thing, it is about rotating the Legends in and out which would be smart, plus TNA tends to give more latitude for outside projects with Foley finishing his book and the comedy stuff. Once the book is finished he will probably be back to make a major impact and thus also promote the book.

Damn Hyde at a quick glance Daniels, Magnus, Creed, Kong, Tara, Flash, Foley and Hamada have either been released or not seen on television in months.

Thats pretty crazy. I also find it ironic that Dixie doesn't want to release anybody thats been loyal yet she ok'd the Daniels release when he's been nothing BUT loyal to that company.

Well I can rotate some guys and gals and still get the same result, only Daniels is irrplacible imho. Still if they had focused their product in that order and on those guys I think TNA would be doing a lot better.

That sounds about right. The IWC seems to want what they want and to heck with everything else. They want their minds blown and they want logical storylines. They want their Christopher Daniels to go over everybody and for the Great Khali to disappear. Even when it makes more sense for Khali to get God pushed because he's the mountain a guy like a Daniels must climb to earn their stripes. They forget that guys like Khali who are the mountains rarely if ever get to be "real men" the way the Cenas and my hypthetical Daniels do. And the reason your Khalis don't get to be "real men" is because they are mountains. They forget that the Khalis of the world usually have much shorter career windows because of the medical consequences of their size and the limited ways they are presented to the audience. So often they want every match to be a clinic.

Actually, I want some pretty specific things in MY wrestling.

I want a focus on angles roughly that of SmackDown!. I like angles and storylines, just not RAW amounts.

I want more technical mat wrestling. I know, this makes me weird. Most people, based on the new promotions cropping up, prefer the high-flying of PWG.

I want the mat wrestling to be good. Not some arbitrary definition of good, I want submissions given enough credence to be a possible submission, and chokes to be able to actually (kayfabe) choke a guy out. Side headlocks, needless to say, should be used less.

On the subject of storylines, I want things to make SENSE. Not real-life sense, kayfabe sense. When I see Abyss get arrested a week before an event, that doesn't make kayfabe sense. When I see an entire roster that is both heel and face, but not neither, that doesn't make kayfabe sense. When some dude is squirting milk or lotion or whatever all over himself, sure. That's kinda weird and might generate some interest some day in the gay community, it doesn't make kayfabe sense.

Reason Daniels had to was because he had to paid whether or not they used him on TV, and that wasn't reasonable.

But with Dixie not wanting to fire people who have been loyal to the company because of the economy what about Daniels THE most loyal guy you have not named Abyss or AJ Styles.

But with Dixie not wanting to fire people who have been loyal to the company because of the economy what about Daniels THE most loyal guy you have not named Abyss or AJ Styles.

I just clicked on the roster page on TNAWrestling.com...and Daniels is there. Have they STILL not taken him down, or have they quietly re-signed him?

For the record, Sean Waltman, who I think is gone from the company, is still up. But some people who have left after Daniels, like Tara and the Love Sponge idiot, are gone.

I had heard rumors they were going to resign him to a pay per appearance deal but he was being wasted before anyway feuding with Sean Morely. I hope he gets resigned the guy deserves the pay day but I also hope he's able to stick around in ROH with his new deal. I need Daniels vs. Richards in my life dammit.

Reason Daniels had to was because he had to paid whether or not they used him on TV, and that wasn't reasonable.

First off all that is reportedly of course and it was reasonable if they had used him right and/or saw enough in the guy. The second two where not there so yeah I can see the cut. But there are plenty of others on high paying deals or even higher paying ones that could/should have been cut before him.

But those deals are being used still, I'd figure. Unless there's more written deals that aren't on TV either.

Daniels was being used though up until they terminated him. Not used well, but used none the less. And lets not get into the argument about how good he is or isn't as we already had that around his release. Fact remains he was a big part of TNA's brand identity and given that that is one of TNA's weak spots it was stupid to release him.