The Official TNA / Impact / GFW Discussion Thread

Adam Ryland

Another good to decent Impact last night. Seems that slowly but surely things are getting into shape. Too bad they will have to keep that up for a very very long time before they win back the lost momentum and make people forget the stupid stuff. Only minor in my eyes was Flair being way way way too long winded and him admonishing AJ. AJ should "outgrow" Flair not the other way around imho. Oh yeah and Rosey, wtf another crappy 3D student.

Depends on the type of contract WWE has with Sky, but as one is pay view and Bravo less so I think it would/should not be a problem. In the very least it won't be a problem as long as TNA's contract with Bravo still runs, which I believe they renegotiated not long ago. One of the reasons why ppv's where dropped there as they could not reach an agreement.

Didn't have a problem with Rosey. They put her over as dangerous(her putting Daffney on the disabled list) and she did OK in the ring.

Just wish they hadn't involved her with the champion so soon. However, that's an issue with the booking and not the worker.

Yeah Behren's is pretty good although he can be over ratings focused and does not take some stuff into account when talking average ratings etc. He generally has a good view on the business.

On this I agree with him in part. Mainly that those nostalgia guys that do not bring in ratings and or merchandise are superfluous and should be looked at to being cut. Sting, Hogan and Foley do bring in fans and sell merch. The Band and Jarrett not so much.

Guys that can still go and are proven draws like RVD and Hardy should not be cut. As it is more TNA's overall fault they are not drawing then theirs.

I hate to say this, Jarrett isn't actually that old. He only LOOKS old. He's actually in good health for a guy his age. But he's not really that old in the first place.

Although I'm not exactly a fan of Jeff Jarett's attitude, he's good to decent in the ring, good to decent on the mic, and he's in good health. The problem for him, of him, is he thinks he's more than he really he is. He's, at best, a transitional main eventer. He's not good enough in the ring to be just that, and he's not good enough of a heel to be "THE HEEL", and he's got little else to fall back on.

I hate to say this, Jarrett isn't actually that old. He only LOOKS old. He's actually in good health for a guy his age. But he's not really that old in the first place.

Although I'm not exactly a fan of Jeff Jarett's attitude, he's good to decent in the ring, good to decent on the mic, and he's in good health. The problem for him, of him, is he thinks he's more than he really he is. He's, at best, a transitional main eventer. He's not good enough in the ring to be just that, and he's not good enough of a heel to be "THE HEEL", and he's got little else to fall back on.

This is pretty accurate... though the phrase "in a somewhat smaller company" should be added after "a transitional main eventer". He's a guy who, save WCW's desperation and he having a hand in TNA's creation, would (and probably should) have been a career midcarder. He's entertaining enough on the microphone and in-ring that you don't mind seeing him (indeed, he can be enjoyable), but he's far from the guy you want to see the show focused on.

And there's nothing wrong with that. Some of the most beloved workers of all time were career midcarders who only rarely sniffed the top of the card. I loved the Big Bossman, but we saw what happened when the WWF attempted (after his prime to boot) to push him above the midcard.

Actually, Jeff Jarrett, I have to say this, CAN be a Main Eventer, just not THE Main Eventer. He can never be THE focus of a promotion. I find it that, when put under intense scrutiny, he ends up looking like a huge fool.

One of Jeff Jarrett's advantage is he can be easily carried.... a, if I may use a TEW reference, a "Johnny Martin", or a for a real life term, a "Lanny Poffo". Some workers, that suck in a ring, can barely be carried to a serviceable match (Khali), some have the same quality in a match despite having a better worker to against (Cena), but there are others, while unable to elevate others, can be easily elevated.

Jeff Jarrett is one of these people. I've seen his matches against more or equally talented workers (Chris Benoit, Lance Storm, Chris Jericho, Ken Shamrock, D'lo Brown, Val Venis, Dean Malenko, etc.), they are often very good. That's why he makes sense as a transitional main eventer, one that jobs to other main eventers, is a good fixture in the upper midcard, and is gatekeeper to the midcard. If you can't have good match with Jeff Jarrett, you aren't ready to rise.

I think Jeff Jarrett has some frustrations about this, he's never going to be THE main eventer, but rather a main eventer that jobs to other main eventers at best.

I actually like Jeff Jarrett, but he's personal ambitions and frustrations have not helped him or anyone else.

Jeff was THE main eventer for the first 4 years of TNA. It was so bad the fans were chanting "DROP THE BELT" at him.

He held everyone else back. It was as if he had a clause in his contract that in 2 months or less the NWA World Championship would be back around his waist.

Not saying they should fire him given his obvious connections with TNA but I like how atm they seem to be rotating in and out their legends with Foley and Jarrett on the shelf and Hogan, EB and the Band, despite holding the belts, not playing that big a role lately. Now just for Flair to become less long winded. As to his qualities this has been discussed ad nausea before. He is good but not great and he should not have been the only main eventer for so long in TNA in the earlier days. He should have been an ME but not the only one by far.

And yes out of the so called vets he can still really go in the ring but as it comes to vets it is about perception and one of TNA's negative brand perceptions pertains to the high number of vets in prominent places, Jarrett is perceived to be one of those guys.

Depends on the type of contract WWE has with Sky, but as one is pay view and Bravo less so I think it would/should not be a problem. In the very least it won't be a problem as long as TNA's contract with Bravo still runs, which I believe they renegotiated not long ago. One of the reasons why ppv's where dropped there as they could not reach an agreement.

I only realised last month that TNA ppv's now air on the Extreme Sports Channel the friday after the event.

I only realised last month that TNA ppv's now air on the Extreme Sports Channel the friday after the event.

Didn't know that myself. Unfortunately I don't get that channel. I hate that about sky, If you put that channel with the sports channels, the sports package should cover that channel, not one of the entertainment packages.:mad:

BTW who else is hoping for the Guns first, and hopefully long, title reign to come of a win against the Band? They are no1 contenders again.

I feel like that's going to happen and why they took the belts off Matt Morgan. It didn't make Morgan look bad by him losing to the Guns because well, a pissed off Samoan destroyed him, then the Band capitalized. The Band is obviously not in their prime anymore, but them putting over the Guns could really elevate the Guns stock. If the Guns would have beaten Morgan it would have hurt Morgan. At least that's the way it looks to me.

You know what sucks is going into Lockdown Pope was the hottest face in that company and now due to this injury he might not reach the heights he was at in a long time.

I don't know, I think Pope is gifted enough in the ring and on the mic to get the fans back behind him again. It won't take much. He could smile and the crowd will be on his side.

You know what sucks is going into Lockdown Pope was the hottest face in that company and now due to this injury he might not reach the heights he was at in a long time.

If he comes back and gets immediately involved in a huge angle, he'll be back where he was just before Lockdown.

BTW who else is hoping for the Guns first, and hopefully long, title reign to come of a win against the Band? They are no1 contenders again.

Yeah. I think it took him a bit, but Bischoff has grown to really like MCMG.

I just wish they went through with their original idea of putting LAX back together. I don't like how they've booked Homicide. He's been doing the veteran "make em look good" jobs, but...not Homicide dammit!

Well cide kinda brought that on himself guaranteeing Bisch and Hogan he could climb out of the cage even though he had never done it and not practising it. Not that the cage match with that particular cage was a good idea to begin with. Ultimate X for a no1 contender would have been a lot smarter move.

I just wish they went through with their original idea of putting LAX back together. I don't like how they've booked Homicide. He's been doing the veteran "make em look good" jobs, but...not Homicide dammit!

If Homicide wasn't such a prick backstage maybe they'd follow through with that. He goes and complains every chance he gets.

0.89 damn. Seems to be the old TNA with the better shows getting the lower ratings. Only 0.2/3 lower on average now.

1st game of Celtics V Lakers. That is tough competition.

However, if it doesn't get back to 0.95 or higher next week that would be worrisome.

yup first game of the nba play offs so yeah that is going to be a huge hit.....but i to be honest i have stoped looking at raitings for tna. They are not going to "beat" wwe any more and to be honest do they need to? They are on tv and that is why matters to me. If they start loosing money then i will worry but as far as raitings go.....as long as they are on tv spike is odviously happy.

Yeah they are not the be all end all of course, as some internet pundits treat them, but long term and in comparison to other periods they can indicate growth. Still relative to the rest of Spike TNA kicks ass and even relative to other shows for Spike's main target age group they do very well.

<p>Good news for TNA and Jeff Hardy.</p><p> </p><p>

MAJORITY OF CHARGES AGAINST JEFF HARDY DROPPED, ONE CHARGE REMAINS</p><p>

By Mike Johnson on 2010-06-07 18:37:41 A representative of the Moore County Superior Court confirmed to PWInsider.com earlier today that three of the four charges against TNA star Jeff Hardy were dropped earlier this week by prosecutors.</p><p>

Hardy had a hearing last week on the morning of 6/3. The Moore County representative confirmed the following charges against Hardy were officially dropped at that hearing -</p><p> </p><p>

*Felony drug trafficking, Two felony charges of possession of a Schedule III controlled substance or drug.</p><p> </p><p>

*Felony possession of cocaine, Felony maintaining a dwelling for redistribution of controlled substances.</p><p> </p><p>

*Misdemeanor Possession of drug paraphernalia.</p><p> </p><p>

Those were the charges brought against Hardy when he was arrested following a raid of his North Carolina home in September 2009.</p><p> </p><p>

The Moore County Courthouse would not confirm the charges being dropped until today. Last week, they refused comment citing that Superior Court was still in session at the time of the request.</p><p> </p><p>

The Moore County representative declined to comment on why the charges were dropped, but suggested PWInsider.com contact the District Attorney's office. That office did not return messages requesting comment left earlier today.</p><p> </p><p>

Considering the most serious charges against the former WWE World champion have been dropped, one can assume Hardy's defense was able to provide considerable doubt as to their veracity.</p><p> </p><p>

The only currently remaining charge against Hardy at this time, Conspiracy to Traffic Opium, was added by prosecutors in January 2010.</p><p> </p><p>

Hardy is next set to go before the court on Tuesday 7/6.</p><p> </p><p>

Source PWI</p>

If Homicide wasn't such a prick backstage maybe they'd follow through with that. He goes and complains every chance he gets.

Homicide has every right to complain. Just a few years back he was part of one of the hottest things in wrestling as part of the LAX, which was genuinely a very over gimmick, so much so the group couldn't be kept face. What has TNA done with him and Hernandez in the mean time? Broke the group up, turned Homicide heel and done absolutely with him and kept Hernandez off screen for ages doing nothing but still on the roster. Basically took all their success away, and Cide doesn't like it, and say it. But more than that, He actually asked for a release and they wouldn't let him go, and that was ages ago and they still haven't done any thing but job him. He's being held against his will in TNA and his career is going nowhere now, which is horrible considering at one point WWE wanted to bring in LAX at one point.